• 68(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
Never could quite google the answer to the amount of cpu usage when software decoding HEVC. I got a free i7-4970k (non overclocked so 4ghz + boost) from brother-in-law, so now I could see for myself. For 2160p24, which means about 1600p in this specific case, I get a reported usage of about 25%. At least for the short sample I played.
(2018-02-04, 04:54)Guilouz Wrote: Hi,

I just buy a Intel NUC NUC7i7BNH and I have issue with audio in passthrough.

With my Denon AVR-2809 AVR :
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD High Res, Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus are not working in passthrough. No sound. 

With my Onkyo TX-RZ820 AVR :
- Some DTS-HD MA are working, some have only DTS core but no sound
- DTS-HD High Res not working, only DTS core but no sound
- Dolby True HD working
- Dolby Digital Plus working 

All tested files are working fine with my other NUC NUC5i5RYH and I use latest nightly build from Milhouse.

I have already updated my MUC to latest BIOS and latest HDMI 2.0 firmware.

Someone have this issue too or not ?
 Are you using Linux or Windows?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2018-02-05, 16:41)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 04:54)Guilouz Wrote: Hi,

I just buy a Intel NUC NUC7i7BNH and I have issue with audio in passthrough.

With my Denon AVR-2809 AVR :
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD High Res, Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus are not working in passthrough. No sound. 

With my Onkyo TX-RZ820 AVR :
- Some DTS-HD MA are working, some have only DTS core but no sound
- DTS-HD High Res not working, only DTS core but no sound
- Dolby True HD working
- Dolby Digital Plus working 

All tested files are working fine with my other NUC NUC5i5RYH and I use latest nightly build from Milhouse.

I have already updated my MUC to latest BIOS and latest HDMI 2.0 firmware.

Someone have this issue too or not ?
 Are you using Linux or Windows? 
 I'm using latest LibreELEC nightly build from Milhouse.
 Estuary MOD V2 
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...dows-15-65-

Intel 23.20.16.4944 driver.
hi, i am interesting in a NUC Intel or other with i5 m2 and 2.5" HDD, for 4k HDR, DTS HD,  ATMOS passthrough .

with all the message on the forum i have read, i didn't find  which is the best NUC,  since, i see some problem with 4K hdr in the spreadsheet .

So is there a NUC I5 for exemple now that can play 4K hdr, or later in the futur month ?

Do we need Windows for 4k HDR, or later all will work on kodi lunux ?

Sorry for my poor english .

Thanks
hi can you help me to choose between NUC7i5bnh or beebox s 7200 ?  hard to choose !

i see 4K hdr works for beebox but nobody has tested the nuc7i5bnh but he is cheaper ?

Need advice plz thanks
Asrock has more display outputs, but gets BIOS/firmware updates later (or not at all). I believe i3, i5 and i7 models all support 4k HDR at Windows (on some players?), but linux HDR support is not yet done on either driver or Xorg/Wayland level.

Kodi 18 Leia has "HDR to SDR" color conversion integrated, 4k HDR content looks ok on linux too.
Thanks for the answer, maybe I will take asrock beebox S 7200 so, as long as it can play 4k her
I purchased an Intel NUC BLKNUC7i5DNK1E, installed latest build of KODI/Leia (February 20th), Windows 10 64 Pro, and latest Intel driver (15.65.3.4944). All formats show up under the audio device in the OS and I have pass-through selected in KODI.

All formats work as expected, the only issue is the DTS *.wav files I have, they do not play at all and will cause KODI to lock up on some occasions. AC3, DSD, high-res FLAC, DTS-HD, TRU-HD, ATMOS, and MP3s all play fine through my Marantz SR-7011.

Am I missing something in either the driver, OS, or KODI to play the DTS wav files? Prior to the NUC, I had an an old box laying around with a Nvidia GTX 1030 and played all formats without an issue.

Thanks
Can you please check HD Audio Passthrough and HDR support in LibreELEC?
What about 7th gen  i3 Baby Canyon NUC like NUC7i3BNH. Does it have native HDMI 2.0a port with working 4K/60Hz/HDR and 3D or it still does have that DP->HDMI adapter chip onboard?
Hello!

As Kaby Lake intel NUCs have that unresolved issue with the HDMI 2.0 and 3D MVC playback, i'm asking regard these Kaby mini-PC-s from other manufacturers, like Giga Brix, AsRock Beebox, Or MSI Cubi with Kaby Lake i3 (or above) Core processors if the HDMI solution is the same as on the NUCs and therefore they still have no properly working 3D MVC support?

Any real experiences regarding?

Thanks!
If anyone is interested inBeebox-S Series [font](Kaby Lake)[/font]