v16 Create TV shows/movies without having the files
Hi,

is there a way to create TV shows/movies without having the actual video files? I want to fill my library/database with "dummy" entries. I haven't found anything in the wiki about that.
Just put a correctly named folder and a fake empty file in your source and scrape it.

Kodi just works from the folder and file names, it doesn't look in the file itself to see what it is.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Is there a more automated way to achieve this? By automated I mean that the folder/file creation is done by Kodi.
No
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This may do what you want media_stubs (wiki) and you could look if any of the media managers support creating these, for example it appears Media Companion does, see https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wiki...MediaStubs
Samples (wiki)

Scroll down till you see "Ned's test library". 1,000 dummy movies of various data types, used for testing. I've been meaning to make a TV one, but haven't done it yet.
(2016-11-09, 12:47)DarrenHill Wrote: Just put a correctly named folder and a fake empty file in your source and scrape it.

Kodi just works from the folder and file names, it doesn't look in the file itself to see what it is.

For TV shows, it is not even needed to create a fake empty file

You just have to create a properly named folder for this "dummy" TV show and enable "show empty TV shows" in kodi settings
Moanbag is in da place!
I didn't know about the settings entry. Thanks for that!

The test library is very helpful as well!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create TV shows/movies without having the files0