Albums with multiple cd´s not sorted by cd Number
Dear all, I tagged all my Music with iTunes (OS X) and/or Music Brainz Picard and then copied the files to my Raspberry PI running openelec 6.03 with Kodi Isengard. The problem I´m facing now is that Albums containing several cd´s are sorted by Track-number without sorting them by CD number. So now within Kodi when stepping into Music/Artists/Album I have a sort order like:
Track1 (cd1 or cd2)
Track1 (cd2 or cd1)
Track2 (cd1 or cd2)
Track2 (cd2 or cd1)
Track3 (cd1 or cd2)
Track3 (cd2 or cd1)
and so on.

I know that the tags are OK and the files are named like this:

1-01 Track1.mp3
1-02 Track2.mp3
1-03 Track3.mp3
2-01 Track1.mp3
2-02 Track2.mp3
2-03 Track3.mp3

To me it seems that when the database for Kodi created my Library it used the filenames instead of the mp3 Tags.
Has anyone a suggestion what I can do? Is there a tool for Kodi running on Openelec to review/show/read or edit the mp3 Tags? Is there an option how Kodi should scan files when adding them to the database (Filename or mp3tag)?
All my files are on an ext4 formatted external hard disk attached by USB to the Raspberry.

Thanks in advance

L
Have you got Sort by Track selected in the left-hand menu?
I can't remember if Isengard had a sorting problem with disc number, but I would recommend that you upgrade to a newer version of Kodi and also use LibreElec. https://libreelec.tv/downloads conversion is quite painless.

I can assure you that the music library is populated using tags within the music files, not the filename. Are you certain that you tagged the files with disk number? Having the disc number in the filename, or the folder structure is not enough.

You can look at and edit your tags using a variety of tagging software running of a computer of your choice. Just connect the hard disk to that machine, the tagging software does not have to run on the Pi. You must have done something like that in the first place.

But I would start with a change to LibreElec, and gain the benefits of new features etc.
Thanks a lot, I already would have updated Kodi if the Openelec Distribution would have come out with a newer stable version, I´m not in the mood trying beta...
But: The sorting I got till now was by name which, if the Numbers in the name as written above, should work fine. Sorting by track, which I didn´t knew exists, works perfect!
Is there a way to have all Albums sorted like this? Even though just a part of my albums include two or more CD`s, it would be fine to have them all sorted by track.
Gonna try Libreelec anyway!

THX

L
Ups it´s already using the sort mode for all albums... Sorry, and even I had to reconfigure quite a bit in libreelec, it´ running fine now!

Thanks for the hints!

L
I've the same problem with jarvis + MQ7 skin.

My files are tagged:

but are showed:

How can I solve?

P.S. I've take a look in the Mymusic56.db but I've not find the CDnumber information...
AFAIK sorting is nothing to do with the skin. Skins choose what to display and where on the screen, but the order is done by Kodi core. However it could be worth switching to Conflunce and see if the probelm goes away.

In all the tests I have done sort By Track correctly uses the disc and track number combination, so I don't know why you are experiencing what you are.

(2016-12-10, 10:23)Pico1965 Wrote: P.S. I've take a look in the Mymusic56.db but I've not find the CDnumber information...

The iTrack field of the song table stores track and disc number combined - track number in lower byte, disc number in upper byte.
Could be worth checking what value is held for the songs of that album, for example track 1 of disc 2 should have iTrack = 131073.
(2016-12-10, 13:29)DaveBlake Wrote: The iTrack field of the song table stores track and disc number combined - track number in lower byte, disc number in upper byte.
Could be worth checking what value is held for the songs of that album, for example track 1 of disc 2 should have iTrack = 131073.

In iTrack field of song table there are only 1-2-3.... number Huh

P.S. My files are CD flac image + cue
For FLAC files Kodi processes the DISCNUMBER tag. Check your tagging using something like Mp3tag where using the extended tag view you can see the Vorbis tag name.

But cuesheet could be having an influence too, I'll need to check, I don't use cuesheets myself.

EDIT:
Do your cue sheets have lines "REM DISCNUMBER" ? That is where Kodi looks for the disc number
(2016-12-11, 10:00)DaveBlake Wrote: Check your tagging
See Foobar image in the first message

(2016-12-11, 10:00)DaveBlake Wrote: Do your cue sheets have lines "REM DISCNUMBER" ? That is where Kodi looks for the disc number

No.
I've never see in a .cue file the DISCNUMBER tag.

Anyway.. same audio library in XBMC

Work fine. Huh
(2016-12-11, 10:35)Pico1965 Wrote:
(2016-12-11, 10:00)DaveBlake Wrote: Check your tagging
See Foobar image in the first message
"Disk Number" on that screen shot is what Foobar labels that tag. It shows that Foobar has read some tag it considers as a disc number, but it does not show me what the Vorbis tag was actually called. But anyway it would seem the issue is cuesheet related.

Quote:
(2016-12-11, 10:00)DaveBlake Wrote: Do your cue sheets have lines "REM DISCNUMBER" ? That is where Kodi looks for the disc number

No.
I've never see in a .cue file the DISCNUMBER tag.

Anyway.. same audio library in XBMC
Work fine. Huh

Well whatever old versions did, and sorry I don't have time to dig that far back into the code, Kodi now processes the cue sheet to get both track and disc number. I have no idea if that is a common standard or not, but it is what it does. It was added in Gotham, but I am not sure that before that disc number from the tag was being used in Eden or Frodo.

You could add "REM DISCNUMBER" with a value to the cuesheets to confirm that solves the problem.
(2016-12-11, 11:36)DaveBlake Wrote: You could add "REM DISCNUMBER" with a value to the cuesheets to confirm that solves the problem.

OK work.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Albums with multiple cd´s not sorted by cd Number0