• 311(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-03-07, 16:03)J_E_F_F Wrote: It gives me this when trying to create a log before it locks hard.
Code:
server closed the connection unexpectedly
This probably means the server terminated abnormally
before or while processing the request.

Unfortunately now ix.io is having problems - we don't seem to be able to catch a break with pastebin sites. Sad

I've pinged the ix.io admin about the server issues, hopefully it will be back soon.

As ix.io is offline I can't see in your last log how much ARM memory your system has configured, but from the screenshot it looks like you may not have enough free RAM for gdb to create the crash log (or it's going to take longer than usual due to the limited RAM). Do you have other applications/services running on your system (tvheadend etc.)?

I think @DaveBlake has narrowed down the root cause of the end-of-playback crash - if/when a fix is available I'll include it, or push a special test build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-03-07, 16:26)J_E_F_F Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 15:57)pyrodex Wrote: @Milhouse  I was playing with 306x and noticed last night if I let the show finish to the end of the file without any key input it didn't crash. However, if I stopped the show during the credits it crashed.
 I can confirm this as well, if letting it play out on its own, no crash, it crashes a few seconds after pressing stop and returning to the show index page.

Yes, I've just managed to reproduce that now! I think you need to get into the last 5% (or whatever it is) in order for the item to be considered as "watched", which triggers the database update on stop. This should help make testing the potential fix a bit easier. Thanks both.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ix.io should be back:

Quote:thanks should be fixed, looks like the server needed a restart

The usual I.T. solution - it never fails! Smile
(2018-03-07, 17:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 16:26)J_E_F_F Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 15:57)pyrodex Wrote: @Milhouse  I was playing with 306x and noticed last night if I let the show finish to the end of the file without any key input it didn't crash. However, if I stopped the show during the credits it crashed.
 I can confirm this as well, if letting it play out on its own, no crash, it crashes a few seconds after pressing stop and returning to the show index page.    

Yes, I've just managed to reproduce that now! I think you need to get into the last 5% (or whatever it is) in order for the item to be considered as "watched", which triggers the database update on stop. This should help make testing the potential fix a bit easier. Thanks both.    
If I skip to the middle of a show, and watch it for a minute or two, it crashes once I press stop, not just near the end of the show.
I do not have anything else running, no tvheadend or anything. Pretty much stock libreelec using a remote WIN10 computer to host the files and the shared MySQL DB.
Code:
LibreELEC (community): devel-20180306231153-#0306x-g6f7037f (RPi2.arm)
LivingRoom:~ # free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           685        431        253         10         55        214
-/+ buffers/cache:        161        523
Swap:            0          0          0
When I play videos from my USB 3 drive and pause everything is ok
But if you switch from play to stop then crash Kodi after about 30s (reboot)
Sometimes the stop works but sometimes the reboot comes
When USB drive then the LED remains off, so no more write access because of kodi.

I've had that behavior with Kodi for a while - RPi 3
 I have a crash log with debug, but that's too big for pastebin ?
(2018-03-07, 18:12)J_E_F_F Wrote: I do not have anything else running, no tvheadend or anything. Pretty much stock libreelec using a remote WIN10 computer to host the files and the shared MySQL DB.

Now that ix.io is back I can see you are running with gpu_mem=320 - if you reduce this to 256 then I'm fairly sure you'll get a successful crashlog. I have gpu_mem=320 myself and also struggled to produce a crash log. You can restore gpu_mem=320 when returning to a regular build.
#0305x and after 24hrs captured partial kodi crash log when stopping playback of NAS media (many previous stops and restarts had not prevoked a crash)
(perhaps I got impatient waiting over 10mins for rpi2 to recover and build crashlog, pulling power?)

kodi crashlog (.kodi_crashlog.log)
kodi.log debug very large (approx 9.5mb)

Will now try and create crash with #0306x
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
@MikeKL I wouldn't spend more time obtaining crashlogs - I'm currently in direct discussion with DaveBlake the Kodi developer and I can now reproduce at will, all of which should help towards a solution.
@Milhouse Ok, but as i got it here is #0306x debug crash log anyway Wink
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0307: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 0af0c0674fd95010394f55b3132f8e5b93d03971ec1e04c61acd7647cf57b50b (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 35ecf83ea6ea5fffddb135f3fb7367bc3a0aed332fa2fe08dd7c4337dad39a4a (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.24 #1 Wed Mar 7 21:05:47 GMT 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 7 2018 19:13:55
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 667b09613c5bc715191171bc625e6543d67c01b2 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180307210355-#0307-g544f25d [Build #0307]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:89a53e4). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (544f25d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (88c4433, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware (Rework the frequency/voltage scaling logic; Clamp SDRAM frequencies only when sdm audio is active)
  2. ARM: dts: Add model-specific compatible strings
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Mar 7):
    • firmware: Rework the frequency/voltage scaling logic
    • firmware: Clamp SDRAM frequencies only when sdm audio is active See: link
    • firmware: arm_dt: Improve DTB location, upstream kernel support. See: link
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Amlogic u-boot: fix order of PKG_URL and PKG_VERSION (PR:2564, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • RPi: temporarily add kodi PR13594 (PR:2556, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • Fix crash when stopping the application (PR:13596, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix Wayland frame throttling (PR:13615, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Revert "Fix crash when stopping the application" (PR:13621, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add missing #include (PR:13622, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. inputstream.adaptive:
    • Add HB license response type (bbb26e2)
  5. kernel 4.14.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ARM: dts: Add model-specific compatible strings (de5497e4)
@Milhouse #307 fixed the end of file crashing issue.  Thanks!
(2018-03-07, 10:34)lrusak Wrote: I need to get you guys to tell me what key isn't mapped. You have to do this via command line in an ssh session.

I only use long press with Enter. Here's the results. I noticed I needed an extra "-" in libinput-list-devices and libinput-debug-events
Code:
Kodi-theatre:~ # libinput-list-devices
Device:           flirc.tv flirc
Kernel:           /dev/input/event0
Group:            1
Seat:             seat0, default
Capabilities:     keyboard
Tap-to-click:     n/a
Tap-and-drag:     n/a
Tap drag lock:    n/a
Left-handed:      n/a
Nat.scrolling:    n/a
Middle emulation: n/a
Calibration:      n/a
Scroll methods:   none
Click methods:    none
Disable-w-typing: n/a
Accel profiles:   n/a
Rotation:         n/a

For the next step, I didn't see any results even though I was pressing buttons. Odd.
Code:
Kodi-theatre:~ # libinput-debug-events --device /dev/input/event0
-event0 DEVICE_ADDED flirc.tv flirc seat0 default group1 cap:k

Tried evtest and got this:
Code:
This device is grabbed by another process.
No events are available to evtest while the
other grab is active.
In most cases, this is caused by an X driver,
try VT-switching and re-run evtest again.
Run the following command to see processes with
an open fd on this device
"fuser -v /dev/input/event0"
(2018-03-08, 05:52)themew Wrote: @Milhouse #307 fixed the end of file crashing issue.  Thanks!
 #307 for me is the most unstable build I've seen in years. Tried it 3 times and 3 hard crashes requiring a power cycle, no crash log, just pull the plug.
I'll try it a 4th time with debug on 
http://ix.io/U4y
#307 locks up just playing a video, does not even require hitting stop, but if you can get it to play long enough, it crashes when pressing stop too
no kodi_crash.log is created, the gui locks, sometime with decent video, other times with just a bunch of vertical lines or a black screen.
 ssh still works, but oddly enough, a reboot command does not always reboot it, requiring a power reset, other times it reboots on command.
debug http://ix.io/U4K
(2018-03-08, 16:42)J_E_F_F Wrote: #307 locks up just playing a video, does not even require hitting stop, but if you can get it to play long enough, it crashes when pressing stop too
no kodi_crash.log is created, the gui locks, sometime with decent video, other times with just a bunch of vertical lines or a black screen.
 ssh still works, but oddly enough, a reboot command does not always reboot it, requiring a power reset, other times it reboots on command.
debug http://ix.io/U4K

There is nothing in #0307 that fixes the end of playback crash. @J_E_F_F can you post your config.txt, are you overclocked?
  • 311(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24