• 43(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-04-03, 11:18)jan-g Wrote: @Milhouse

any news on anonymous smb access to windows?
No, it's a Kodi issue whenever Samba4 libraries are in use - anonymous access doesn't work on my Ubuntu machine which has Samba 4.3.11 installed. Apart from reverting to Samba 3.x (which means SMB1 only support that is being dropped by Microsoft), I don't currently see a solution other than authenticated access (ie. add username/password in passwords.xml).

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/file...sing-smb1/
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/jose...b-dialect/
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-03, 16:20)Milhouse Wrote: ... I don't currently see a solution other than authenticated access (ie. add username/password in passwords.xml).

But I have to create a "home group" in windows 10 to use authenticated access in LE ??
(2017-04-03, 17:41)conca Wrote: But I have to create a "home group" in windows 10 to use authenticated access in LE ??

I don't have Windows 10 so can't say for sure, maybe someone else can confirm what is needed by Windows 10.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-03, 17:41)conca Wrote: But I have to create a "home group" in windows 10 to use authenticated access in LE ??

The problem is acess to a share unit in a windows pc without authentication?
After years of trouble, I recently managed to share drives on home computers without having to authenticate.

The quiz of the question is not in the share tab of the properties of the folder, but in the security tab.
It is necessary to add a new user (advanced properties) type "all" with permissions on the shared folder.
Security can be a problem, but in my home network I do not care

Maybe I'm confusing things and talking about something different, but I'm so happy that I did, that I want to boast a little;-P
@conca

I don't think you have to create a home group.
the proper way would be to first enable Password Protected Sharing,

then add the shares in windows with user (kodi) and password authentication and set the security permissions
and finally add the newly created shares to kodi/LibreElec.

I think this should work for win7, 8.1 and 10

I'm a little short on time at the moment, so I haven't done the steps myself, I'll see if I can make some time coming weekend
I totally got fooled on April 1st...
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0403: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.10.8 #1 SMP Mon Apr 3 21:53:31 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170403215211-#0403-g8cd9fa5 [Build #0403]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:78cce57). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (8cd9fa57, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ef9d3687, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Minors
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Add browse for subtitle action (PR:11649, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [windows] use wmic qfe instead of powershell to check if hotfix is installed (PR:11893, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Copyright header update for games, joysticks and RetroPlayer (PR:11925, 3 commits, 186 files changed)
    • [rbpi] Make sure we strip binaries in Release build (PR:11923, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Clean up] Removing white space, unused variables and methods (PR:11926, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [depends] Bump samba-gplv3 to version 4.0.26 (PR:9098, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [droid] Add leanback recommendation and search (PR:11901, 10 commits, 50 files changed)
    • Fix syntax for links (PR:11928, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • estuary fix watched status for videos (PR:11921, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
(2017-04-03, 20:02)jan-g Wrote: I don't think you have to create a home group.
the proper way would be to first enable Password Protected Sharing,

then add the shares in windows with user (kodi) and password authentication and set the security permissions
and finally add the newly created shares to kodi/LibreElec.

Thank you ... Solved with yours indication
Hello since version "Mar 30 2017" is in the TV screen no more timers displayed also in the timer screen directly no entry, please examine and fix-
Thank you
Tvheadend Server 4.1-2504 ~ g7a0efea-dirty

Greeting Odys
(2017-04-04, 19:48)Odys001kn Wrote: Hello since version "Mar 30 2017" is in the TV screen no more timers displayed also in the timer screen directly no entry, please examine and fix-
Thank you
Tvheadend Server 4.1-2504 ~ g7a0efea-dirty

Greeting Odys
This is your own tvheadend build and not the version I provide - I've no idea what else may be in your add-on. If you want to roll your own add-on, please report issues in your own thread. Smile

For this thread, report issues against the latest LE test build and my version of the tvheadend42 add-on.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0404: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.10.8 #1 SMP Tue Apr 4 22:19:18 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170404221758-#0404-g8cd9fa5 [Build #0404]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:78cce57). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (8cd9fa57, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (653e5b80, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. libnfs: Make nfs_close_async call flush on the file handle before disposing of it
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Align play button in context menu to behavior in library (PR:10857, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Input improvements (PR:11914, 5 commits, 14 files changed)
    • [filesystem][dialogs] Add context menus for favourites home screen widget (PR:11929, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • Small gui code cleanup (PR:10861, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • Moved party mode, set default and clear default to new contextmenu (PR:10892, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  2. libnfs:
    • Make nfs_close_async call flush on the file handle before disposing of it. (PR:178, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
  4. peripheral.joystick:
    • Update copyright headers to 2017 (PR:96, 1 commit, 115 files changed)
  5. pvr.vuplus:
    • Streaming always use anonymous http connection (PR:57, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
Weekly Linux 4.11-rc5 build #0404x: Generic

Same as #0404 but without nvidia drivers and without media_build (not currently compatible).
anybody having serious issues with rpi 2 wireless via dongle?

seems to be saying all available wireless points have 100% coverage but they shouldn't be and wireless just won't work properly.
(2017-04-05, 18:23)SharpCoder Wrote: anybody having serious issues with rpi 2 wireless via dongle?

Wrong thread?
(2017-04-05, 19:16)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 18:23)SharpCoder Wrote: anybody having serious issues with rpi 2 wireless via dongle?

Wrong thread?

no, was just asking because i was using the test builds on the RPi 2 and it just started happening.

it may not be a build issue but wanted to make sure.

Changed the dongle, downgraded to 8.0/8.1 stock, same issue, went back a few test builds, the numbers on the signal strength went back to normal but actual connection strength was severely poor, all my RPi 3's are working fine under same wifi.

works flawlessly under LAN connection.

Lost to what would be causing it all of a sudden.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24