• 46(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-04-11, 04:08)Milhouse Wrote: What issue would that be?

Sorry that was a dreadful post with no detail/log at all as got distracted.
The issue I believe is the delay in negotiating a network connection after a reboot.
The issue is no present on official Libreelec 8 or 7.95.x.
If one tries to access a video on an smb share before the network is up (seems to take 20-30 seconds after reboot and at home menu), a hard lock occurs.
A further reboot does not resolve the network connection -at all. Resulting in "invalid argument" for accessing the shares directly.
Only way to "fix" issues is to power down and disconnect from network by removing power cord then back on again.
Issue appears again after reboot.

Basically the network many times longer to be negotiated after a reboot.
This is on an intel nuc6cays so would expect it's being witnessed by anyone on a kaby lake/apollo lake nuc.
You still miss all sort of logfiles ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0411: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.10.9 #1 SMP Tue Apr 11 21:37:51 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170411213632-#0411-g4f4faea [Build #0411]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:78cce57). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (4f4faeae, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5fe865b1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-3.3
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Update WeTek proprietary DVB modules to wetekdvb-20170404 (PR:1522, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.10.9 (PR:1521, 6 commits, 7 files changed)
    • busybox: cleanup unused config (PR:1517, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [cmake] Spring cleanup aka OCD (PR:11834, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
    • CHG: [droid] use native interface for mediacodec (PR:11931, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Same problem on my intel nuc. Went back to #0331 and everything works again.

(2017-04-11, 09:51)robo989 Wrote:

The issue I believe is the delay in negotiating a network connection after a reboot.
If one tries to access a video on an smb share before the network is up (seems to take 20-30 seconds after reboot and at home menu), a hard lock occurs.
A further reboot does not resolve the network connection -at all. Resulting in "invalid argument" for accessing the shares directly.
Only way to "fix" issues is to power down and disconnect from network by removing power cord then back on again.

This is on an intel nuc6cays so would expect it's being witnessed by anyone on a kaby lake/apollo lake nuc.
(2017-04-12, 20:32)Soulplayer Wrote: Same problem on my intel nuc. Went back to #0331 and everything works again.

(2017-04-11, 09:51)robo989 Wrote:

I have a Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH too and I have similar issue, sometimes at startup, network seem not available, scan of my mysql library is pending, my SMB share on Kodi are not available (and Kodi freeze when I try to enter to a share) but SMB share to access to Kodi on my MAC is working. I need to reboot to have it. This issue appears since many builds.

Is it normal LibreELEC Add-ons repository is not available ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-04-12, 20:32)Soulplayer Wrote: Same problem on my intel nuc. Went back to #0331 and everything works again.

Why #0331? That is also using Samba4 so if it's a Samba4 issue you should still have it in #0331. Unless you're suggesting it's a kernel issue?

I have seen some sort of race condition where the GUI will lock up while accessing a Samba share for the first time (often in a home screen widget, (for example, if you have an smb:// based source). Not sure what's causing it, whether it's a Kodi issue or a Samba4 issue. Fairly rare though.

Are you using WiFi or wired?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-12, 20:52)Guilouz Wrote: This issue appears since many builds.

Then it's unlikely to be due to a recent kernel or samba. Identifying when it started could help.

(2017-04-12, 20:52)Guilouz Wrote: Is it normal LibreELEC Add-ons repository is not available ?

It's out of my control. I probably will not build LE10 until the add-on repo is available in future, so won't make this mistake again.
(2017-04-12, 21:35)Milhouse Wrote:

Why #0331? That is also using Samba4 so if it's a Samba4 issue you should still have it in #0331. Unless you're suggesting it's a kernel issue?

I have seen some sort of race condition where the GUI will lock up while accessing a Samba share for the first time (often in a home screen widget, (for example, if you have an smb:// based source). Not sure what's causing it, whether it's a Kodi issue or a Samba4 issue. Fairly rare though.

Are you using WiFi or wired?

I'm using wired. Perhaps the bug is still there. Just kept downgrading until it worked again. That was #0331.
Some home screen widgets worked on the latest version but some did not. If I did it via the share (NFS btw) it always works.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(2017-04-12, 21:40)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 20:52)Guilouz Wrote: This issue appears since many builds.

Then it's unlikely to be due to a recent kernel or samba. Identifying when it started could help.

(2017-04-12, 20:52)Guilouz Wrote: Is it normal LibreELEC Add-ons repository is not available ?

It's out of my control. I probably will not build LE10 until the add-on repo is available in future, so won't make this mistake again.

I will test previous builds to see but the problem does not appear all the time

Have you any idea how I can install visualisation ? Or where I can find them for LibreELEC (zip files) ?
Before I installed the visualizations via repo but it's not working.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-04-12, 21:51)Guilouz Wrote: Have you any idea how I can install visualisation ? Or where I can find them for LibreELEC (zip files) ?
Before I installed the visualizations via repo but it's not working.

I provided some addon zips here: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addons/Generic/

This includes projectm and shadertoy visualisations.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0412: Generic

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.10.9 #1 SMP Wed Apr 12 21:04:21 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170412210302-#0412-g4f4faea [Build #0412]

# Kodi version

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (4f4faeae, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (478d3064, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Add vfs.rar binary add-on (initially disabled, enable this if needed, although it's not working for me - rar files no longer appear in listing, can't be played)
  2. Add latest Intel Bluetooth and DSP firmware
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [win32] Bye bye Windows Vista (PR:11953, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: vfs.rar: new kodi-binary-addon
    • Added: [env] PR:1526: firmwares: use upstream repo [RFC]
Hello,

I try to update daily to the latest build using your update channel and discovered, LibreELEC settings is not automatically searching for new available versions when running since yesterday.
After a reboot the newest version shows up. I guess it discovers available versions only at boot.

Maybe this can get modified if it is worth the work.
Tried new build but error is still there

http://sprunge.us/MHJJ => log.

Has something changed with how NFS is handled?
(2017-04-13, 10:28)Soulplayer Wrote: Tried new build but error is still there

http://sprunge.us/MHJJ => log.

Has something changed with how NFS is handled?

Not recently, so I can't think what is causing your NFS errors if it only happens with recent builds. I use nfs:// and don't have any problems.

RAR support has been dropped since #0409, in case anyone is using RAR files. You now need the vfs.rar addon, which I included in the last #0412 build (default state: disabled). However it doesn't appear to be working as expected as rar files can't be played and no longer appear in file listings.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0413: Generic

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.10.10 #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 21:04:13 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170413210252-#0413-g4f4faea [Build #0413]

# Kodi version

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (4f4faeae, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a279a874, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.10.10 kernel
  2. Kernel options cleanup
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Fix for UI not showing both extractflags and extractthumb (PR:6441, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [windows] drop FindFirstFileExW(...) workaround for Vista (PR:11960, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [android] update libandroidjni (PR:11961, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [android] Change Leanback suggestion (PR:11963, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Added build instructions for rapidjson OpenSuse. (#11943) (fa6a58a0)
    • Corrected spacing in readme (8c662d87)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] compare: linux: update to linux-4.10.10
    • Added: [env] PR:1528: linux configs: cleanup
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24