• 75(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0615: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.11.5 #1 SMP Thu Jun 15 21:54:05 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170615215249-#0615-gd5801af [Build #0615]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (d5801af0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d7ea2b0b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.11.5 kernel
  2. Bump ffmpeg-3.3.2-Leia-Alpha (in Kodi18a1 patch set)
  3. Enable -fPIC for some packages
  4. Update libva/mesa/intel-vaapi-driver, busybox, alsa
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • add some missing dependencies (PR:1668, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • chromium-addon: libva-vdpau-driver libraries, now under /usr/lib/dri instea… (PR:1683, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Correcting VendorID for TP-Link T4U v2 (PR:1682, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Python] Fix xbmcgui.Window methods to get the actual size of a Window (PR:12279, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [screensaver] fix wrongly removed call (PR:12302, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [bluray][win32] Update libbluray (PR:11954, 10 commits, 15 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] compare: linux: update to linux-4.11.5
    • Added: [env] patch: busybox: SH is none
    • Added: [env] PR:1690: Enable -fPIC for some packages
    • Added: [env] PR:1693: minor package bumps
    • Added: [env] PR:1694: busybox: update to 1.26.2
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:11954: [bluray][win32] Update libbluray (reason: needs newclock5 rebase)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse - thanks for your work! I'm trying your builds, but unfortunately, on my device (intel NUC6CAYH) I'm getting errors with nmbd service (it doesn't start) - so browsing samba shares does work and Lirc remote doesn't respond (even though Lirc is enabled in libreelec settings).
How can I debug these issues? Something specific I can try?
Thanks in advance!
(2017-06-16, 10:25)reflog Wrote: Hi Milhouse - thanks for your work! I'm trying your builds, but unfortunately, on my device (intel NUC6CAYH) I'm getting errors with nmbd service (it doesn't start) - so browsing samba shares does work and Lirc remote doesn't respond (even though Lirc is enabled in libreelec settings).
How can I debug these issues? Something specific I can try?
Thanks in advance!

I don't know what - if any - version of LibreELEC you are coming from, so it's hard to know if these issues are self-inflicted or not.

1) For Samba:

If you're using a custom /storage/.config/samba.conf then delete it or rebase your custom config on /storage/.config/samba.conf.sample

If you're using the stock config or still have problems with an updated custom config, then connect with ssh and run:
Code:
journalctl -a | pastebinit
testparm -s 2>&1|pastebinit
and paste the links.

2) For LIRC

Have you enabled LIRC/IR/RC6 in your BIOS? Have you tried LibreELEC 8.0.2 for comparison, as that should be working.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-06-14, 21:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 21:28)Soulplayer Wrote: #0614b
Playlist bug is still around.
http://sprunge.us/LCde

#0614c
Playlist bug is still around.

Can you try:

#0614d: Same as #0403, but with PR11901 reverted

This one works Smile. It plays the files and also downloads the subtitles to the right path (alongside the video file)
(2017-06-16, 18:24)Soulplayer Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 21:57)Milhouse Wrote: Can you try:

This one works Smile. It plays the files and also downloads the subtitles to the right path (alongside the video file)

Great thanks, that's another issue for @Koying.
Hey Guys,

Since last week, i own a new 4k HDTV ( Sony KD-65XD7505). My Kodi-hardware is an Apollo Lake based Asrock j3455-ITX HTPC.

i tried to play some 4k content and encountered an issue: After selecting the tvshow, kodi changes the resolution to 3840 × 2160. According to the PlayerProcessInfo Window, its playing correctly with 23.976Hz.
But the video is not smooth at all. I figures out, that the actual frames per second are too low. According to the debug Overlay, FPS are around 15-22 which is too low obviously.

Since the video i wanted to play is h265, i tried an h264 4k video, too. Same result: low fps. 1080p content no issue btw. Just to notice: CPU usage is around 10-20% while playing the laggy video.

Then i found some workaround: unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable, powercycling the TV or just changing some kodi settings(e.g. toggle audio passthrough, (i know this sounds crazy)) while the playback is running solves the problem until i stop the video. FPS are fine then.

I tested several video-related Kodi settings, but it does not make any difference.
I also tried plugging in the HTPC directly into the TV, but this does not work either.

debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24873848/
xrandr output: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24873913/
guisettings: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24873936/

any idea? fritsch maybe ? Smile

thanks
Set scaling to nearest neighbour when playing that movie. Looks like some fucked up settings in videodb.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
wow that was easy Big Grin

thank you
Milhouse i have tried your latest projectm addon and it crashes when switching to full screen.
Debug Log:
https://pastebin.com/aPK9UVWr
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0616: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.11.5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 16 21:25:59 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170616212439-#0616-g461d704 [Build #0616]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (461d7045, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (838c399d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. libnfs 2.0.0
  2. PR:12311: FIX: ensure real filename from videodb in playlists (@Soulplayer & @mikeb8591 please test - this may fix your reported issues; cc @MicTie)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • syncthing: update to 0.14.29 (PR:1669, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • firmware-imx: use upstream url (PR:1691, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • imagemagick: change download url (PR:1695, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • tigervnc: update to 1.8.0 (PR:1680, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • tvheadend42: fix build with empty ARCH variable (PR:1692, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [depends] bump libbluray to version 1.0.1 (PR:12305, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • fix toggle fullscreen (PR:12308, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [jenkins/docs] - added README for setting up a jenkins build slave (PR:12256, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • GUI: Provide mechanism to disable gui overlay when empty (PR:12054, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Add timeout support in wait_for_nfs_reply (3ba14aab)
    • Handle TIMEOUT errors for the rpc layer errors in libnfs.c (53f87ada)
    • Change NFS layer error checking to handle TIMEOUTs in libnfs.c (2bbd3bfd)
    • Change async lseek to use nfs_cb_data as all other async nfs functions do (004672a8)
    • Zero mout the nfs cb data struct after alloc in async lseet (a17f6aef)
    • New version : 2.0.0 (d3af2332)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12311: FIX: ensure real filename from videodb in playlists
(2017-06-16, 20:42)illiac4 Wrote: Milhouse i have tried your latest projectm addon and it crashes when switching to full screen.
Debug Log:
https://pastebin.com/aPK9UVWr

Yes, I rebuilt it the other day using the latest available source from git, so if it crashes there's probably some conflict with recent Kodi changes and we'll need to wait for the addon to be updated. It could also be a bug in kodi...

Note that In the event of a Kodi crash, the kodi crash log is more useful than the normal log.
fritsch and/or Milhouse - any idea if and when the HEVC 10-bit VAAPI branch is likely to be merged and included in these builds?

https://github.com/fritsch/LibreELEC.tv/...10ffmpeg31
https://github.com/fritsch/LibreELEC.tv/pull/1

My NUC (NUC5CPYH) isn't quite able to handle 1080p 10-bit HEVC with software decoding - as soon as there's any significant motion in the video it starts dropping frames.

BTW #0616 otherwise seems to be working fine on that box in my limited testing today (just playback).
@magao see build #0528 as this introduced hi10p HEVC support. I suggest you submit a debug log (wiki) if you're having problems.
(2017-06-17, 06:56)Milhouse Wrote: @magao see build #0528 as this introduced hi10p HEVC support. I suggest you submit a debug log (wiki) if you're having problems.

Interesting - I only get software decoding for 10-bit (at least with what I've tested), but the comment in #0528 suggests I should be getting hardware decoding. Maybe something particular to the file.

Debug log.
(2017-06-16, 18:25)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 18:24)Soulplayer Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 21:57)Milhouse Wrote: Can you try:

Great thanks, that's another issue for @Koying.

Great to see that this problem seems to be close to fixing (hopefully not only for LE but also for other platforms like Ubuntu)

Here is an observation, which might be related to this issue, I would like to understand:
1) When playing the movie via 'Movies' or 'TV-shows' no subtitles are displayed, and 'browse subtitles ' searches the video-database (with no subtitles found)
2) When playing the movie via 'Videos -> Sources' subtitles are displayed, and 'browse subtitle' searches the file-system (with subtitles found)
=> Based on 1) is seems subtitles are not properly indexed in the database ...
Is this the intended behavior?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24