• 76(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-06-17, 07:32)magao Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 06:56)Milhouse Wrote: @magao see build #0528 as this introduced hi10p HEVC support. I suggest you submit a debug log (wiki) if you're having problems.

Interesting - I only get software decoding for 10-bit (at least with what I've tested), but the comment in #0528 suggests I should be getting hardware decoding. Maybe something particular to the file.

Debug log.

hi10p has nothing to do with hevc. Hi10p is the academic anime format, which no hw decoder supports. Also from the log VAAPI is used.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-06-16, 15:12)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 10:25)reflog Wrote: Hi Milhouse - thanks for your work! I'm trying your builds, but unfortunately, on my device (intel NUC6CAYH) I'm getting errors with nmbd service (it doesn't start) - so browsing samba shares does work and Lirc remote doesn't respond (even though Lirc is enabled in libreelec settings).
How can I debug these issues? Something specific I can try?
Thanks in advance!

I don't know what - if any - version of LibreELEC you are coming from, so it's hard to know if these issues are self-inflicted or not.

1) For Samba:

If you're using a custom /storage/.config/samba.conf then delete it or rebase your custom config on /storage/.config/samba.conf.sample

If you're using the stock config or still have problems with an updated custom config, then connect with ssh and run:
Code:
journalctl -a | pastebinit
testparm -s 2>&1|pastebinit
and paste the links.

2) For LIRC

Have you enabled LIRC/IR/RC6 in your BIOS? Have you tried LibreELEC 8.0.2 for comparison, as that should be working.

Thanks for your help!
Sorry for not mentioning, I was testing different builds - #0612, #0613, #0614.

Regarding samba - I did have additional shares there, will try to rebase from sample and try again.
Regarding LIRC - It's enabled in BIOS and working perfectly in official 8.0.2 libreelec. Anything else I can check here?
Do addon changes apply to all versions of Kodi or are there repositories specifically for every version? I'm asking because the TMDB addon stopped scraping the cast and the solution someone pointed out on Reddit does not work for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/6...cast_info/

Or has the mentioned update just not been synced yet??

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/co...53a230cd66
I thought that my GPU was capable of decoding 10-bit HEVC, but it looks like I've misremembered - according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HD_a...algorithms the Braswell only does HEVC (Main). Bugger.

(2017-06-17, 09:43)fritsch Wrote: hi10p has nothing to do with hevc. Hi10p is the academic anime format, which no hw decoder supports. Also from the log VAAPI is used.

Not sure what you mean there, since there is definitely a 10-bit HEVC profile, which this file is using - hevc (Main 10) and the codec used is ff-hevc (SW) instead of ff-hevc-vaapi (HW) which I get with hevc (Main). That is presumably the whole point of your hevc10ffmpeg31 branch, so I'm very confused by your comment.

I know that nothing will do hardware decoding of h.264 (Main 10).
(2017-06-17, 14:10)magao Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 09:43)fritsch Wrote: hi10p has nothing to do with hevc. Hi10p is the academic anime format, which no hw decoder supports. Also from the log VAAPI is used.

Not sure what you mean there, since there is definitely a 10-bit HEVC profile, which this file is using - hevc (Main 10) and the codec used is ff-hevc (SW) instead of ff-hevc-vaapi (HW) which I get with hevc (Main). That is presumably the whole point of your hevc10ffmpeg31 branch, so I'm very confused by your comment.

I know that nothing will do hardware decoding of h.264 (Main 10).

I thought that my GPU was capable of decoding 10-bit HEVC, but I might have misremembered according to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229096 and https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230991. I can't see anythign in the debug log indicating what formats it should be able to decode - it might be hidden amongst all the various graphics capabilities listed.

I think fritsch was referring to the use of "Hi10p" phrasing - which is used to describe the dreaded 10 bit H264 4:2:0 anime format - which has zero hardware decoding support.

10 bit HEVC as used in domestic situations (i.e. 4:2:0) is usually referred to as "HEVC Main 10" - not "Hi10p" (as it is a main, not high, HEVC profile?).
May any News about hevc 10 Nvidia Support, or still no driver Support by Nvidia ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
(2017-06-17, 14:22)noggin Wrote: I think fritsch was referring to the use of "Hi10p" phrasing - which is used to describe the dreaded 10 bit H264 4:2:0 anime format - which has zero hardware decoding support.

10 bit HEVC as used in domestic situations (i.e. 4:2:0) is usually referred to as "HEVC Main 10" - not "Hi10p" (as it is a main, not high, HEVC profile?).

I think you're right. I specifically avoided using "hi10p" for that very reason - if you look at my posts I always say either "HEVC 10-bit", "10-bit HEVC" or "HEVC (Main 10)" (capitalisation may vary) - except one case where I shortened it to "10-bit" when it was already in the context of HEVC. But I see that I quoted Milhouse using "hi10p HEVC" in the reply that fritsch then replied to ...

In any case, I think my mystery is solved in that my hardware doesn't support it - guess I'll have to upgrade to an Apollo Lake (or newer) HTPC at some point. I picked this NUC up very cheaply, so if I only get a year or two out of it that's fine (and it'll get repurposed anyway).

FWIW this NUC is capable of playing back 1080p h.264 (High 10) i.e. hi10p via software decoding without skipping. It's so close to being able to handle 1080p HEVC (Main 10) but just falls short.

And I do appreciate the reduced banding from h.264 (High 10), although I understand you can get almost as good results by using 10-bit internally in the encoder and output in 8-bit (to avoid compounding banding errors at each stage of the encoding).

Thanks for helping out with replies in these threads, it is appreciated!

I based the comment on the commit description from PR:1656 which stated "this adds support for hi10p hevc with vaapi.", but apparently hi10p is h264 10-bit, so my bad.

However 10 bit HEVC with VAAPI *is* now supported (although maybe only by Kaby Lake), right?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-06-17, 09:48)reflog Wrote: Regarding LIRC - It's enabled in BIOS and working perfectly in official 8.0.2 libreelec. Anything else I can check here?

Run:
Code:
journalctl -a | pastebinit
and paste the link.

I'm not a LIRC expert but hopefully that information may give someone a clue.

Have you toggled the LIRC setting in the LE Settings add-on? LIRC works differently in these "LE9" builds and uses kernel decoding which may conflict with LIRC so disabling LIRC often produces better results.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-06-17, 13:17)kekomat Wrote: Do addon changes apply to all versions of Kodi or are there repositories specifically for every version? I'm asking because the TMDB addon stopped scraping the cast and the solution someone pointed out on Reddit does not work for me:

Maybe check/ask in the themoviedb support thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2600927
(2017-06-17, 15:58)Milhouse Wrote: However 10 bit HEVC with VAAPI *is* now supported (although maybe only by Kaby Lake), right?

I think Apollo Lake is hardware compatible with HEVC Main 10 decoding - but don't know about VAAPI support under Linux.
Hello i have also a problem with LIRC in my NUC6CAYB. Under LibreElec 8.0.2 it's run very nice but with the Leila Build, it doesn't run. Here is the Link.
http://sprunge.us/IfBS
and here the LibrElec 8.0.2 Log
http://sprunge.us/OCWI
@misterXY when did this problem start, which build? From your log you're using #0612, but is that the first build with this issue? What remote control are you using? Also try disabling LIRC in LE Settings - these LE9 builds include in-kernel support for LIRC so handle LIRC rather differently to LE8.
(2017-06-17, 07:32)magao Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 06:56)Milhouse Wrote: @magao see build #0528 as this introduced hi10p HEVC support. I suggest you submit a debug log (wiki) if you're having problems.

Interesting - I only get software decoding for 10-bit (at least with what I've tested), but the comment in #0528 suggests I should be getting hardware decoding. Maybe something particular to the file.

Debug log.

You have a N3050, which can only do hevc 8 bit. Hi10p no one can do. HEVC-10 bit is Apollo lake and above.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-06-17, 17:51)noggin Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:58)Milhouse Wrote: However 10 bit HEVC with VAAPI *is* now supported (although maybe only by Kaby Lake), right?

I think Apollo Lake is hardware compatible with HEVC Main 10 decoding - but don't know about VAAPI support under Linux.

Apollo Lake
Kaby Lake

and later support that on linux with the correct kodi / mesa and VAAPI version

N3050 / N3150 e.g. Braswell or even Skylake only support hevc 8 bit
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24