• 148(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1205: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 8bf30fae206aeeb22b61596cbf0f6d0ef693fb84db2fc7278018f78b0d3fbab3 (Generic)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.4 #1 SMP Tue Dec 5 21:06:50 GMT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20171205210407-#1205-gf279603 [Build #1205]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:02c0008). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (f279603, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (02c0008, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.14.4 kernel
  2. Updated kernel-firmware (add firmware for Intel Bluetooth 9260/9560)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Docker update to 17.10 (PR:2179, 2 commits, 12 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2242 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.4
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse

Little offtopic, but I think you know best.

Is it possible to change hardware (mainboard) "on the fly" with your builds?

Or do I have to do a clean install?
(2017-12-05, 14:03)the-dreamer Wrote: I want to mention that EDID override is now fully supported on 4.15 Kernel for Intel HW. Resolutions and also Audio see: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=92792

rename old edid override boot cmd from drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware to drm.edid_firmware
 How do I do that? is there a step-by-step guide for that?
(2017-12-06, 14:07)sw4y Wrote: @Milhouse

You might need to reconfigure Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth as that's usually keyed off the MAC which will most likely change with new hardware, and double check you have the correct audio/video outputs for your new hardware configured in Kodi. Other than that it should all just work.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-11-30, 10:40)HiassofT Wrote:
(2017-11-30, 09:43)laric Wrote: Not a direct LE question. But since you can run LE without lirc and get all the buttons to work using my RC6. On my ubuntu box this doesn't work. Is it some mapping file or something that I need to pull from one of my LE boxes to make it work the same in ubuntu? Using ir-keytable instead of lirc that is total bonkers on my machine.
 You have to run inputlirc or lirc in devinput mode to translate the linux input events into lirc events. Both xorg and Kodi can't quite cope with all the input keycodes generated by remotes (eg KEY_OK, KEY_CHANNELUP).

so long,

Hias 
 Thanks, that helped a lot. And nearly there. But I get some repeat.. like every second or third input is interpreted twice. Any advice on how to get around that one? tried adding -r 150 to the options to reduce the key repeat but didn't do any difference.
(2017-12-06, 21:10)laric Wrote:  Thanks, that helped a lot. And nearly there. But I get some repeat.. like every second or third input is interpreted twice. Any advice on how to get around that one? tried adding -r 150 to the options to reduce the key repeat but didn't do any difference. 
Use ir-keytable to configure the repeat delay and period. The default delay of 500ms is usually OK but increasing it a bit (eg to 750ms) might help with slow fingers Smile If you are using a harmony remote make sure that command repeat isn't set too high - 1 repeat with the default ~100-120ms repeat interval is usually OK.

Use evtest to test if the devinput events repeat at your desired rate (check for EV_KEY events). Also use irw on the inputlircd socket to check if inputlircd works correct (it should generate lirc events the same way as it receives devinput events).

so long,

Hias
(2017-12-06, 19:04)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-12-06, 14:07)sw4y Wrote: @Milhouse

You might need to reconfigure Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth as that's usually keyed off the MAC which will most likely change with new hardware, and double check you have the correct audio/video outputs for your new hardware configured in Kodi. Other than that it should all just work. 
Hm, wasn't that easy at all.
Mainboard did not boot with old install, I had to do a new one. But when you're used to it, it's done quickly, so noc problem.

But I recognized another Problem with saving deinterlacing settings when playing back something and using advanced settings xml.

I told Kodi to use motion adaptive deinterlacing when playing back something, but after a channel switch for example, the settings are back to bob.
Settings don't get saved.

When I delete my advanced settings.xml, the settings get saved.

Is this a known bug?
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1206: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 5669c0748009f654a38b7b6d72701cb707e22a0c6882ffb74227733e3ff6d5fd (Generic)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.4 #1 SMP Wed Dec 6 21:04:41 GMT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20171206210316-#1206-g7e07b2f [Build #1206]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:6db0579). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (7e07b2f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6db0579, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Reintroduce media_tree (hauppauge, crazycat) drivers - see video detailing how you enable various drivers. Xbox dvb-t2 is included.
  2. Allow root password to be changed - use "passwd" command at ssh prompt and enter new password
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • multimedia-tools: squeezelite: support all possible media formats (PR:2289, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • go: cleanup (PR:2291, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.14.4 (PR:2242, 14 commits, 10 files changed)
    • busybox: allow changing root password (PR:2284, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Global direct channel number input & global unique channel numbers (PR:13135, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
  3. vfs.libarchive:
    • changed: disable rar support (8fa085e)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
(2017-12-07, 01:03)sw4y Wrote: Hm, wasn't that easy at all.
Mainboard did not boot with old install, I had to do a new one. But when you're used to it, it's done quickly, so noc problem.

I suppose if your old motherboard supported only legacy BIOS and your new motherboard is using UEFI to boot then it will fail to boot the new motherboard. Most UEFI systems support legacy booting which should have worked but may not be your default (you'd need to configure this in your BIOS). Re-installing from scratch will create a UEFI compatible system.

(2017-12-07, 01:03)sw4y Wrote: But I recognized another Problem with saving deinterlacing settings when playing back something and using advanced settings xml.
What are you putting in advanced settings?

(2017-12-07, 01:03)sw4y Wrote: I told Kodi to use motion adaptive deinterlacing when playing back something, but after a channel switch for example, the settings are back to bob.
Settings don't get saved.

After changing deinterlace did you click on "Set as default for all media"?

(2017-12-07, 01:03)sw4y Wrote: When I delete my advanced settings.xml, the settings get saved.

Is this a known bug?
Not that I'm aware of. You should probably open a trac ticket.
I was testing last day the Bluetooth device that i got inside my NUC. But it failt to work. Firstly i started BT service in settings, then check if it see any BT devices around, but there was just some message that BT device isn;t working.
I checked my dmesg and found this:[ 2.617136] usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb
[ 2.728921] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: chip id 63
[ 2.729917] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: features 0x07
[ 2.745934] Bluetooth: hci0: TV-Player
[ 2.746926] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM20702A1 (001.002.014) build 0000
[ 2.747354] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM20702A1-0489-e046.hcd failed with error -2
[ 2.747359] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: Patch brcm/BCM20702A1-0489-e046.hcd not found

I have installed Broadcom WiFi+BT device, model BCM943228HMB inside Intel NUC. WiFi was working (but very unstable, which i didn't care because i use wire for LAN).
So the problem is, there is a lack of this BCM20702A1-0489-e046.hcd file inside modules i think.

I have found this file in here: https://github.com/winterheart/broadcom-...9-e046.hcd

Then i put this file in Downloads on nuc, and made few commands in shell:
# cp /storage/downloads/BCM20702A1-0489-e046.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/
# modprobe -r btusb
# modprobe btusb

Then BT start to work, and module load correct firmware file. But after reboot file will not appear in this localisation. So i jut put those command in autostart.sh.
Could You put this firmware file somehow with other firmware files installed with LibreELEC?
I think default directory for those firmware files is /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/brcm/ and they are linked into /lib/firmware/brcm/ .
But since /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/brcm/ is read-only i can't just put file in there.
LibreELEC on Intel NUC DC3217IYE (click to find my uname, lsb_release, lspci, lsusb and dmesg info).
@nicram for now:
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/.config/firmware/brcm
cp /storage/downloads/BCM20702A1-0489-e046.hcd /storage/.config/firmware/brcm
reboot
should work. I'll look into a source for this firmware, but no promises (if it's not upstream in the kernel I'm less inclined to do Broadcoms job for them).

Edit: redistribution of the BCM20702A1 firmware doesn't appear to be an option - the binary firmware files you found have been created from files downloaded from the Windows Update site and are not officially licensed by Broadcom for use with Linux. So for now you'll just need to manually install the firmware using the instructions I've given above.
Yes, Your commands do work! Thank You very much!
LibreELEC on Intel NUC DC3217IYE (click to find my uname, lsb_release, lspci, lsusb and dmesg info).
waveform should now be fixed.
(2017-12-07, 15:18)spiff Wrote: waveform should now be fixed.
 Great!
(2017-12-07, 15:18)spiff Wrote: waveform should now be fixed.

Thanks. I've uploaded new #1206 versions of visualization.waveform for RPi/RPi2/Generic.

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addons
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24