• 216(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Hello,

I have updated my HTPC hardware from AMD E350 to Intel Pentium G and reinstalled LibreElec completely.
I have the same Milhouse build as before, but I'm not able to install VDR. I had it before my reinstall but probably I initially installed it before switching to Milhouse builds and it worked fine.
If I want to install it now, it shows me, that it also will install "VDR VNSI Client", "VDR Configuration" and "os.librelec.tv" and the third is marked as "not available".

Any idea how to get VDR back? Is there a trick to ignore the dependency or install an older version? Any help would be highly welcome.

Best Regards
Ralf Jahns
(2018-04-29, 13:01)Ralf Jahns Wrote: If I want to install it now, it shows me, that it also will install "VDR VNSI Client", "VDR Configuration" and "os.librelec.tv" and the third is marked as "not available".

Just ignore it, it's a Kodi bug - the os.libreelec.tv add-on is installed and enabled as it's part of LibreELEC, it's just that Kodi doesn't handle this situation very well.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-24, 21:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-24, 21:32)laric Wrote: Libreelec will stay on your current kernel for the 9.0 release when ever that is going to be?
so no AMD Ryzen with vega until next wave of alphas in kodi 19?

Yes, as things stand LibreELEC 9.0 will be released with 4.14.y, as that's the current LTS kernel.

LibreELEC 10.0 will (probably) use the next LTS kernel (4.19.y, maybe 4.20.y) once it becomes available, but that kernel may not be released for another 12 months or more. Kodi 19 could be around before the next LTS is released in which case LE 10 alphas will continue with the old LTS (without support for Ryzen/Vega). 
With the release last week of Ubuntu 18.04LTS, isn't kernel 4.15.y considered current LTS? Just curious, maybe I'm not understanding the difference.
Quote:stable:4.15.18 [EOL]2018-04-19[tarball][pgp][patch][inc. patch][view diff][browse][changelog]

It's already EOL ... (via kernel.org)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
After update to build #0425 my makemkv addon-script doesn´t work anymore. With build #0424 everything is fine. In the debug log it says only that the bluray is aacs protected and playback doesn´t start.
The addon was build with this Package.mk
Automatic refresh rate doesn't work anymore

Tried 25/04 and 28/04 build

https://paste.kodi.tv/wonovimuse

It's my fault ?
(2018-04-29, 19:46)Roby77 Wrote: Automatic refresh rate doesn't work anymore

Tried 25/04 and 28/04 build

https://paste.kodi.tv/wonovimuse

It's my fault ?
Yes.

You did not read up about the whitelist approach which is now in LE. You need to select the modes you allow for switching.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok thank you, I didn't know about this new function
(2018-04-29, 18:29)billbillw Wrote: With the release last week of Ubuntu 18.04LTS, isn't kernel 4.15.y considered current LTS? Just curious, maybe I'm not understanding the difference.

LTS relates to the whole of the Ubuntu 18.04 OS and has nothing to do with the kernel they have used (which is 4.15.y and as mentioned by @fritsch this kernel is already EOL but presumably what Canonical were testing with prior to release). In future Canonical will no doubt update Ubuntu 18.04 to use 4.16.y and later kernels over the next 2 years or however long they will support 18.04.

LibreELEC releases are not themselves LTS, but the argument is to use an LTS kernel that will likely continue to receive updates throughout the lifetime of the LibreELEC release, rather than use a kernel which will become EOL after as little as 3 months potentially forcing LibreELEC to switch mid-release from 4.15.y to 4.16.y or whatever kernel is the latest kernel during the approximate 1-year lifespan of any LibreELEC release.

Releasing only LTS kernels with LibreELEC has major downsides IMHO, however, which will only become more apparent over time.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-29, 19:32)blob810 Wrote: After update to build #0425 my makemkv addon-script doesn´t work anymore. With build #0424 everything is fine. In the debug log it says only that the bluray is aacs protected and playback doesn´t start.
The addon was build with this Package.mk

You'll need to contact the add-on maintainer and ask if it is compatible with ffmpeg-4.0 - most likely it needs to be bumped and rebuilt against ffmpeg-4.0.
On build 426 and 424 I have a random crash while watching a video. Does not happen all the time.
Kodi freezes and only way to fix is to turn NUC off from the power button.

Log https://pastebin.com/APudNm7P
(2018-04-29, 22:17)Nekromantik Wrote: On build 426 and 424 I have a random crash while watching a video. Does not happen all the time.

The crashlog might be more useful, can you upload that instead - it should still be on your system, so just upload the last one via the LE settings addon.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0429: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: d17162b6309ecb891d5a60be3534533d1a5f6ae1709400b3a48bacd410b898fe (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.37 #1 SMP Sun Apr 29 21:06:21 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180429210303-#0429-gc84b177 [Build #0429]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:cd6c3fa). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c84b177, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (04a039d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Systemd 238, libinput 1.10.4, systemd power button handling
  2. [Music]Prefer scraped album covers to embedded images
  3. [PVR] Parental check fix; Profile switch fix
  4. libnfs updates
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • make: fix build against actual host glibc (PR:2672, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • retire DEVTOOLS (PR:2666, 7 commits, 6 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Music]Prefer scraped album covers to embedded images (PR:13812, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • gui: improve limited color range (PR:13826, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • [PVR] Parental check fix; Profile switch fix (PR:13829, 2 commits, 10 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Avoid underflow in readahead when offset < NFS_BLKSIZE (PR:247, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Use MSG_NOSIGNAL when calling send() to avoid SIGPIPE (PR:248, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allow nfs_closedir to accept a nullptr for the nfs context (PR:250, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add & export a call to initialize the pagecache (PR:252, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • nfs_opendir_cb should not queue a READDIR on error (PR:249, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Don't use portmapper to discover the port for NFSv4 (456e525)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2572 (perma): update dvb addons
    • Added: [env] PR:2650 (perma): libinput: update to 1.10.4
    • Added: [env] PR:2652 (perma): systemd: update to v238
    • Added: [env] PR:2658 (perma): systemd: don't power off when power button is pressed
delete
(2018-04-30, 00:23)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-29, 22:17)Nekromantik Wrote: On build 426 and 424 I have a random crash while watching a video. Does not happen all the time.

The crashlog might be more useful, can you upload that instead - it should still be on your system, so just upload the last one via the LE settings addon. 
 Here you go

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/mGdzxvPZyt/
  • 216(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24