• 327(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-12-09, 01:38)HiassofT Wrote:
(2018-12-09, 01:01)aw87 Wrote:  
Ah, the driver is looking for the config file under a different name. Can you try renaming the rtl8723bs_config file in .config/firmware/rtl_bt to rtl8723bs_config-OBDA8723.bin?  
This resolved the issue and bluetooth is working now.
I now have a fully functional LibreELEC device for sub $35.
Thank you very much HiassofT and Milhouse
Good morning,
I have some issues.
1)
I set the Desktop Frequency to 50Hz. I go to suspend and start the PC. Then, when going to settings, I get the question „ do you want the save the new resolution“ but I changed nothing. I said no. After a restart, the desktop setting is 60Hz.
Logfile http://ix.io/1vAV
By switching on the AV receiver while Kodi is running, the same topic is there.
2)
If I start completely new with only my TV on, I see in settings/system/audio that my with Passthrough only DTS is supported. Switching on my AV receiver while Kodi is running, it stays like that. Restarting Kodi and receiver is on, I can see DTS HD is supported. So I have to restart Kodi. Any chance to get this changed?
Logfile is http//ix.io/1vB7
3) I put on my Harmony the key E and C. While Kodi was running on Windows, it worked and I got the TV schedule and the context menu. Kodi running under libreelec, the keys are not recognized means nothing is happening. With keyboard is is working.

My system is a Intel NUC 7i3BNK

Regards
Markus
Milhouse I have a question for you. So since the 25Hz bug with DVB is gone the only really bugger remaining is the damn cursor. That the switching of resolution is different know is a thing I can get used to.
So you said libreelec uses fluxbox as window manager. Can you tell me where the cursor icon is stored? Then I would replace it by the transparent png. Actually I don't know why there is a cursor enabled at all because Libreelec is solely used with kodi. In principal the icon replacement could be a standard by default.

Or maybe if you can give me a note how xserver is started I could try this:
http://www.noah.org/wiki/cursor_disable_in_X11

I spent now hours browsing through the filesystem searching for hints about fluxbox and xserver configuration. But since every distribution handles stuff differently and messing around with / is not the typical thing to do under libreelec searching the web wasn't helpful either.

Edit: From the system.log I figured out that it might be controlled by /run/libreelec/xorg-settings.conf I added in the line there -nocursor. But it didn't work and checking the file I saw it was reset. Sad
This is what I found about Xorg.
Code:

564 root 0:00 xorg-launch-helper -nolisten tcp vt01 -s 0 -noreset -allowMouseOpenFail -config /storage/.config/xorg.conf
566 root 0:00 {smbd-notifyd} /usr/sbin/smbd
567 root 0:00 {cleanupd} /usr/sbin/smbd
570 root 0:00 /usr/bin/Xorg -nolisten tcp vt01 -s 0 -noreset -allowMouseOpenFail -config /storage/.config/xorg.conf

I think I found the right file.
/usr/lib/systemd/system/xorg.service
It looks like

Code:

GNU nano 3.0 xorg.service

[Unit]
Description=Xorg Server
Before=graphical.target kodi.service
After=multi-user.target
ConditionKernelCommandLine=!installer

[Service]
Type=notify
EnvironmentFile=-/run/libreelec/debug/xorg.conf
ExecStart=/usr/bin/xorg-launch -nolisten tcp vt01 $XORG_DEBUG
Restart=always
RestartSec=2
StartLimitInterval=0

[Install]
WantedBy=graphical.target

I think i have to add -nocursor before -nolisten. But I cant write to the file.
With build #1208 (and probably every other with Linux 4.19) my network stops working when some traffic happen. From what I'm reading it is a problem with driver r8169 which got major changes but I don't see any solution or workaround. Does anyone else noticed such problem?
(2018-12-09, 19:51)ultraman Wrote: With build #1208 (and probably every other with Linux 4.19) my network stops working when some traffic happen. From what I'm reading it is a problem with driver r8169 which got major changes but I don't see any solution or workaround. Does anyone else noticed such problem?
 the workaround is to add 'pci=nomsi' to the kernel boot parameters, as mentioned earlier in this thread.  ssh into the box, remount /flash as rw, then edit /flash/syslinux.cfg
(2018-12-09, 22:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2018-12-09, 19:51)ultraman Wrote: With build #1208 (and probably every other with Linux 4.19) my network stops working when some traffic happen. From what I'm reading it is a problem with driver r8169 which got major changes but I don't see any solution or workaround. Does anyone else noticed such problem?
 the workaround is to add 'pci=nomsi' to the kernel boot parameters, as mentioned earlier in this thread.  ssh into the box, remount /flash as rw, then edit /flash/syslinux.cfg 
Hey Matt, any chance of posting the syntax?
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1209: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: e1a791f9302c8e6fd70825a8262e5920a3e0b927fb846835e497a2a9ae4cf01f (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.8 #1 SMP Sun Dec 9 21:04:52 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181209210310-#1209-g6db1ac5 [Build #1209]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC3 Git:c6107e5). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6db1ac5, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c6107e5, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Minors (kodi build is incorrect - investigating)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [DemuxClient] Call SetStreamProps only if OpenStream succeeds (PR:15020, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [systeminfo] use timestamp for application build date from BUILDATE (PR:15004, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • cmake: add freetype2 PATH_SUFFIX to FindFreeType.cmake (PR:15007, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [docs] fixes for xbmcvfs.Stat (PR:15021, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:108 (perma): add ssh passwd change to wizard (service.libreelec.settings)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-12-09, 10:51)Simaryp Wrote: I think i have to add -nocursor before -nolisten. But I cant write to the file.

You can copy /usr/lib/systemd/system/xorg.service to /storage/.config/system.d/xorg.service and then to the file in /storage/.config/system.d add -nocursor (ie. before -nolisten), save the updated file and then run systemctl daemon-reload, before finally rebooting - you should now have no cursor.

However this is not really a solution IMHO, although as nobody else is able to reproduce the issue, maybe this is the best solution for now.

I'm hesitant to add this as a solution for everyone, as there are other downstream projects based on LibreELEC that are not using Kodi, eg. Lakka that may be using the mouse cursor functionality.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1209: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: e1a791f9302c8e6fd70825a8262e5920a3e0b927fb846835e497a2a9ae4cf01f (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.8 #1 SMP Sun Dec 9 21:04:52 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181209210310-#1209-g6db1ac5 [Build #1209]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC3 Git:c6107e5). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6db1ac5, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c6107e5, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Minors (kodi build date is incorrect - investigating)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [DemuxClient] Call SetStreamProps only if OpenStream succeeds (PR:15020, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [systeminfo] use timestamp for application build date from BUILDATE (PR:15004, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • cmake: add freetype2 PATH_SUFFIX to FindFreeType.cmake (PR:15007, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [docs] fixes for xbmcvfs.Stat (PR:15021, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:108 (perma): add ssh passwd change to wizard (service.libreelec.settings)
(2018-12-09, 22:43)jmerrilljr Wrote: Hey Matt, any chance of posting the syntax? 

assuming an LE standalone install on a Chromebox running my custom coreboot firmware
bash:

ssh root@<ip address>
<enter password, default is 'libreelec'>
mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda1 /flash
nano /flash/syslinux.cfg
<add ' pci=nomsi' after 'quiet'>
<save and quit: CTRL+O CTRL+X>
reboot

edit: older installs use extlinux.conf, vs syslinux.cfg
(2018-12-10, 02:23)Matt Devo Wrote: ssh root@<ip address><enter password, default is 'libreelec'>
mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda1 /flash
nano /flash/syslinux.cfg<add ' pci=nomsi' after 'quiet'>
<save and quit: CTRL+O CTRL+X>
reboot

Thanks. I'm running an Asus Chromebox (Haswell) which was modded maybe four-five years ago. After running the mount command, nano still brings up an empty file. As an aside, I'm really interested in how all this will play out. A new stable release should be coming soon.
(2018-12-09, 23:58)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-12-09, 10:51)Simaryp Wrote: I think i have to add -nocursor before -nolisten. But I cant write to the file.

You can copy /usr/lib/systemd/system/xorg.service to /storage/.config/system.d/xorg.service and then to the file in /storage/.config/system.d add -nocursor (ie. before -nolisten), save the updated file and then run systemctl daemon-reload, before finally rebooting - you should now have no cursor.

However this is not really a solution IMHO, although as nobody else is able to reproduce the issue, maybe this is the best solution for now.

I'm hesitant to add this as a solution for everyone, as there are other downstream projects based on LibreELEC that are not using Kodi, eg. Lakka that may be using the mouse cursor functionality.   
 Thanks a lot. This is a speciality of Kodi that you don't configure anything in / but have all edited config files in /home, isn't it?
I think this really worked as I didn't see any cursor on second reboot. I am totally with you that it's only a workaround. But as I really don't need the cursor and it does nothing else, I don't mind if I forget it.

Do you think it would help if I provide a log with 1027 again without the whitelist and then with 1028 with exact same settings. FernetMenta had the idea I just have to deactivate resolution syncing and it would be the same as in 1027 without whitelist. But I can't believe it. Because I didn't notice any stuttering beforehand. I mean I can check again, but I would be really surprised. I can check if my display gives some note about the reolution it's running with.

Edit: I did some further research. Apparently it was really like FernetMenta said. You can have a look at the Github issue. So most likely the only really remaining bug is the cursor that comes to the upper layers because the layer order is messed up while display mode switches.

At the end maybe again a stupid question. Since the history of my installation is really wild (actually I really can't understand how I managed to install Libreelec 8 on the geminilake machine in the first run), would it maybe a good idea to make a clean installation or is it just a waste of time? What I maybe will definitely do beside of this is a firmware update of my Asrock board. I have the feeling that the release was maybe a bit rushed. At least there were some hdmi related kernel issues in the beginning.

Edit2: Checking the Asrock instructions I think I can not update BIOS. First/minor reason one has to open the case to place a jumper (really annoying). Second one has to use Windows. I can't really believe it that there is no simple bios over USB update on a machine from 2018.
(2018-12-09, 22:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
the workaround is to add 'pci=nomsi' to the kernel boot parameters, as mentioned earlier in this thread 
I saw this suggestion but doesn't help for my case. Seems it is something else.
(2018-12-09, 09:00)Freuli Wrote: Good morning,
I have some issues.
1)
I set the Desktop Frequency to 50Hz. I go to suspend and start the PC. Then, when going to settings, I get the question „ do you want the save the new resolution“ but I changed nothing. I said no. After a restart, the desktop setting is 60Hz.
Logfile http://ix.io/1vAV
By switching on the AV receiver while Kodi is running, the same topic is there.
2)
If I start completely new with only my TV on, I see in settings/system/audio that my with Passthrough only DTS is supported. Switching on my AV receiver while Kodi is running, it stays like that. Restarting Kodi and receiver is on, I can see DTS HD is supported. So I have to restart Kodi. Any chance to get this changed?
Logfile is http//ix.io/1vB7
3) I put on my Harmony the key E and C. While Kodi was running on Windows, it worked and I got the TV schedule and the context menu. Kodi running under libreelec, the keys are not recognized means nothing is happening. With keyboard is is working.

My system is a Intel NUC 7i3BNK

Regards
Markus
Hi Millhouse, any chance to have a look on?

Thanks
Markus
(2018-12-10, 15:20)Freuli Wrote: Hi Millhouse, any chance to have a look on?

Thanks
Markus

No. You can help progress resolution by identifying when this issue started with these builds.
  • 327(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24