v15 Kodi android video lag/stutter only from library (QNAP TAS-268)
Ok, so here is my set up:
I have a Sony Bravia 40" KDL40W705C which has 1080p resolution. I have a NAS - Qnap TAS-268, which is plugged to my TV through HDMI. It runs an Android 4.4.4 and this is the platform form my Kodi v15.

Here is the problem:
1) When I go to video->files -> I pick the video file -> it runs smoothly. Every time.
2) When I choose a video from movies/tv-shows library - it does not run smoothly. There is about 10-15fps or so.

Observations:
  • My tests only included .mkv files that is the most common file in my library.
  • Not all the videos has the problem. I tried a few movies (2GB ones and 10GB ones) and most of them (but not all) play well. TV series are the worst (my case was 3GB - 5GB episodes of Westworld and Walking Dead, Mr Robot).
  • I think video image has more contrast and is generally a bit different from the one I am getting when choosing the video file directly.
  • The player interface itself is different. The first one is plain and simple, has some basic options, and the one from library is a bit more advanced - it has more video image options, I can download subtitles from there (while in the first one I cant).
  • "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" options has no effect whatsoever
  • forcing android to 1080p24hz/1080p50hz/1080p60hz instead of default "auto" has no effect on the issue

Do you have any ideas on how to fix it?
No Debug Log no issue - this is a support forum.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
here is log:

http://pastebin.com/NszQ7qP9
bump?
I suspect this is a resource issue. Check against supported hardware (see my sig for the link) and see if you come up short.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi android video lag/stutter only from library (QNAP TAS-268)0