Change Kodi Homescreen Image
Hello Everyone,

So I just bought my brother a firestick for christmas and pre-loaded Kodi on it for him (installation was a success, no problems there). What I was wanting to do for a little extra flair is, on the Kodi homescreen (where u have your icons of your favorite add-ons), is add my own picture onto the background.I don't want to install any builds or skins (would changing just the background pic be considered a skin?), or go through anything extensive. I JUST want to change the background pic: maybe something like his favorite sports team and his name on the page; something along those lines. I would like to create the pic (adding his name is the most important part of all of this that im trying to do) and simply add it in place of the normal confluence white/blue circle background. PLEASE, if any of you could help, I would appreciate it!!
I assume you are using Kodi 16.1 with the Confluence skin, then in settings>skin>settings>background>enable custom background and below that is a slot to put the path to the image, clicking on it will bring a file locator/requester to find the image on your computer.

Sadly I missed the envelope to offer the fix this before 25th (a lot of obligatory tasks), but perhaps after the fact customization will be taken well.

Seaons greetings.
Using Kodi 16.1 with the Confluence skin I am able to set my own backgrounds on my Android box. I am storing my pictures in the "picture" folder using "File Manager".

Is it possible to get to the Confluence background folder and store my pictures there ? I also want to delete some of the more boring backgrounds in that folder. I cannot seem to get to the Confluence background folder via "File Manager" or "Root Browser".
I have been fighting with this for 5 hours now. When i click on enable custom background then click to put in the path, it just comes up external storage and root.Looked in root everywhere and cannot find special://profile/addon_data/plugin.image.easywallpapers anywhere. Any help appreciated. Running 16.1
Took me a month to the day but I figured it out. Isn't this forum grand?

You need to use Root Browser and not File Manager. The Kodi wallpapers are in:-

data
media
android
data
org.xbmc.kodi
files
kodi
add-ons
skin.confluence or skin.xonfluence - depends on skin you using
background

Save your own wallpaper in this folder as well then you not looking in multiple locations for wallpaper
(2017-03-07, 22:02)fogducker69 Wrote: Took me a month to the day but I figured it out. Isn't this forum grand?

You need to use Root Browser and not File Manager. The Kodi wallpapers are in:-

data
media
android
data
org.xbmc.kodi
files
kodi
add-ons
skin.confluence or skin.xonfluence - depends on skin you using
background

Save your own wallpaper in this folder as well then you not looking in multiple locations for wallpaper

You are a genius - I have been struggling with this for DAYS!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Kodi Homescreen Image0