• 28(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
please stop teasing us give us a version even it is only home and settings
(2019-09-08, 01:25)tjost Wrote: please stop teasing us give us a version even it is only home and settings

lol gimme gimme gimme....

If he did that you'd just start posting on what you want next... can u add this.. can u fix this... and so on...
all good things are worth waiting for..

(2019-09-09, 19:44)freebs Wrote:
(2019-09-08, 01:25)tjost Wrote: please stop teasing us give us a version even it is only home and settings

lol gimme gimme gimme....

If he did that you'd just start posting on what you want next... can u add this.. can u fix this... and so on...
all good things are worth waiting for.. 
Well most of the people may do so. I do live with my own skin for years now and it is far from finished. And secondly I do not need all the gimmicks on the skins. I really wished to see the skin for my self because DJH is in my eyes the skinner with the most art in the skins. that's what I love about his skins.
I do appreciate, and apologise for, the impatience! I've said it before: no one's galled about the time this stuff takes more than me.

freebs is right to an extent, though. The deluge of feature requests when a skin comes out is there for all to see in just about any skin release thread on this forum, and the danger of homogenisation is very real. The other reason to draw a very strict line when it comes to what and when to release is because, for all the time it's taken, this will still just be a foundation. I'll want to build on it, and other users will bulid on it. To release too early is to invite other people to build that foundation for you, at which point the whole skin just goes off on tangents you have no control over.

I've just moved house, by the way, which has meant a lot of upheaval. I'll post something more substantial soon.

Just to add that I suspect Pictures is going to be a real problem for this skin. Not in terms of vision, which is all complete, but in the sheer apathy of Kodi towards that whole feature. If anything, Pictures seems to have gone backwards in terms of performance and functionality, to the point where it's virtually derelict. If the team declared it was being abandoned entirely tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised. Stuff like that does make me wonder what happens when release day approaches. It's one thing to compromise for the sake of making something achievable, but how do you support a feature which is fundamentally broken? And yes, that is something that should probably be posted elsewhere, but many have tried over the years with no apparent success.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
(2019-09-11, 15:04)djh_ Wrote: I do appreciate, and apologise for, the impatience! I've said it before: no one's galled about the time this stuff takes more than me.

freebs is right to an extent, though. The deluge of feature requests when a skin comes out is there for all to see in just about any skin release thread on this forum, and the danger of homogenisation is very real. The other reason to draw a very strict line when it comes to what and when to release is because, for all the time it's taken, this will still just be a foundation. I'll want to build on it, and other users will bulid on it. To release too early is to invite other people to build that foundation for you, at which point the whole skin just goes off on tangents you have no control over.

I've just moved house, by the way, which has meant a lot of upheaval. I'll post something more substantial soon.

Just to add that I suspect Pictures is going to be a real problem for this skin. Not in terms of vision, which is all complete, but in the sheer apathy of Kodi towards that whole feature. If anything, Pictures seems to have gone backwards in terms of performance and functionality, to the point where it's virtually derelict. If the team declared it was being abandoned entirely tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised. Stuff like that does make me wonder what happens when release day approaches. It's one thing to compromise for the sake of making something achievable, but how do you support a feature which is fundamentally broken? And yes, that is something that should probably be posted elsewhere, but many have tried over the years with no apparent success.

Take your time. I'm sure it will be all worth it when Aeon 2 is completed.
Thanks for the update Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
@djh_
Some minor feedback from someone whose eyesight while not terrible is still far from perfect: The very thin font on the home screen, the grey texts on grey backgrounds, the grey help texts on dark backgrounds, font sizes on the smaller side in some places, the all-caps throughout; these are certainly stylish, but not always ideal for best readability.
(2019-09-11, 15:04)djh_ Wrote: I do appreciate, and apologise for, the impatience! I've said it before: no one's galled about the time this stuff takes more than me.

there are a lot of problem in the Kodi development team. And for skinners and plug in programer it becomes a pain in the Bu**! They seem not to care about the community. Features are missing or dropped for no reason what so ever but senseless features like retro gaming got implemented. I do think they lost track. For years now we are waiting on GFX Hardware acceleration for the pi and NO. A second Player for PiP, No. Back to previous channel on live-tv, NO.
I think I understand what you try to tell.  ×  ×
(2019-11-16, 17:57)tjost Wrote: Back to previous channel on live-tv,
This is present, press 0 and it will return to last channel.  I remapped it to the back button.  works great
One Question from me:

is this skin, will be still a gift for our christmas 2019? as you promising in the late other days?
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2019-11-30, 16:29)disaacso Wrote:
(2019-11-16, 17:57)tjost Wrote: Back to previous channel on live-tv,
This is present, press 0 and it will return to last channel.  I remapped it to the back button.  works great 

Thank you so much. great.
Still hoping for a Christmas release!
(2019-12-13, 13:09)td75 Wrote: Still hoping for a Christmas release!
At this stage I would say that is unlikely. As much as I'm eager to see this too, we can wait. It will be here when djh_ gets it here. We've contributed nothing to the project except our desire to have it in our hands, so anything other than patience on our part is just greed and selfishness. 

Having said that, I'm eager for it too. I feel t his skin has the chance to wipe the slate clean. Skins have felt so bloated lately.
Sad
Apologies for the delay. Going to capture some stuff for an update today. Things are progressing.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Good News!

Did always look promising from the Screenshots, and guess brings up also some new Ideas. Curious!

No Apologies, if it thakes longer. it thakes longer. Ur spare Time!
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30