v17 [split] Duplicate folders and play freezing
Well i just downloaded, Beta 7. I have a huge library of music, Some a tagged properly some definitely are not, If I go to play from the library some songs freezes Kodi for a time then nothing happens, it allows me to select again. If I have picked songs in queue, it skips a song here and there but continues to play. If I play it from the files folder it plays with no issues as long as it shows a thumb image of the artist.
File folder View: Some instance I am seeing 2 file folders of the same name one has proper thumb one does not. Then I am also seeing year of some sons folders and they do not work to play music from.

I am definitely willing to test seeing as my library ranges all over the music world. Symphony classics, jazz,Latin,Cuban beat, rock, metal, country etc. I had to break the library to alphabet folders to get it to even scan. 470 GB 66527 files 6715 folders.
Trying to run Library update and see what that does.[/align]
(2016-12-31, 03:52)KGbcguy Wrote: Well i just downloaded, Beta 7. I have a huge library of music, Some a tagged properly some definitely are not, If I go to play from the library some songs freezes Kodi for a time then nothing happens, it allows me to select again. If I have picked songs in queue, it skips a song here and there but continues to play. If I play it from the files folder it plays with no issues as long as it shows a thumb image of the artist.
File folder View: Some instance I am seeing 2 file folders of the same name one has proper thumb one does not. Then I am also seeing year of some sons folders and they do not work to play music from.

I am definitely willing to test seeing as my library ranges all over the music world. Symphony classics, jazz,Latin,Cuban beat, rock, metal, country etc. I had to break the library to alphabet folders to get it to even scan. 470 GB 66527 files 6715 folders.
Trying to run Library update and see what that does.[/align]

Welcome to Kodi - big music collection, great!
Messy tagging may give you some odd library behaviour, but lets see. I don't think that should give the playback issues you describe. Such a big library, update (just seeing if any files have changed not actually scanning the details) may take a while.

If you are willing I would suggest adding just a subset of your collection as a music source, and then testing just that. Create a new thread on this forum, and report the results.What platform are you using, where are your song files etc.? Let's see if we can pin down what is causing the duplicate folders, and playback attempts freezing things
Dave, here is the issues i am having in the log file.

EDIT: removed long debug log quote

Please don't post long (say more than 10 lines) log extracts directly in the forum. Post the entire log to somewhere like paste bin and just a link to it in the forum, it keeps the thread readable but more importantly devs often need the whole log not the bit you think is important

As it happend the extract you listed has nothing of significance in it.
This is one script I keep seeing.
17:36:06.638 T:1904 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
Looks like I got it working, Deleted the audio library data base and forced it to start from scratch. Slowly adding files.
Good, not sure what happened first time around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Duplicate folders and play freezing0