Req [split] Recently Added Songs and Date Added in Playlists
I would like to ask if it's possible to include the date added for a song in the database. Recently added albums is nice, but it would be even nicer to see new songs (a small workaround now is sorting the File View by Date) and be able to make smart playlists for songs added in certain timeframes, for instance, all songs added last 3 months. This is possible in Musicbee with their Auto Playlists for instance.
@elra I split this out to its own thread so it didn't get lost in my ramblings.

I will put adding date added as a smart playlist rule (for artists, albums and songs) on my list of things to do for v18. It will mean that users can create their own variants of the recently added nodes, which seems good.

But need to be aware that for now at least what we call "date added" is not actually the date a thing was first added to the library at all, but just the file time stamp. I would like to have both timestamp and actual added to library dates available for use (along with custom dates), but that is dependant on reworking the entire delete/insert approach to updates.

Couple of things about current facilities: "Songs" type nodes can already be sorted by date added, it is not just a Fileview thing. Also if you select "* all albums" from viewing the Recently Added Albums node you see all the recently added songs (or at least those with a recent file timestamp)
Hey Dave, thanks so much for clarifying some stuff and working on it for smart playlists for 18!

(2017-01-04, 08:15)DaveBlake Wrote: Couple of things about current facilities: "Songs" type nodes can already be sorted by date added, it is not just a Fileview thing. Also if you select "* all albums" from viewing the Recently Added Albums node you see all the recently added songs (or at least those with a recent file timestamp)

Whoa nice! And Singles too. I had no idea! This is great. I feel pretty silly not trying to find a Date Added sorting in these views. I could have sworn I tried looking for this before, has this always been possible or is it a recent feature?

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Recently Added Songs and Date Added in Playlists0