Homy Player - Hybrid Android TV OS - Smarthome - indiegogo (Crowdfunding)

Homy Player

Specs: (not yet finalised, its very likely a HDR capable AMLogic S912 will be used, see posts below)

SoC – Amlogic S905-H Rev C Processor with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
System Memory – 2GB DDR3
Storage – 32GB internal storage
Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDCP 2.2
Audio Output – HDMI and optical S/PDIF
Video / Audio Capabilities – 10-bit 4K H.265 @ 60 fps, HD audio pass-through, Dolby Digital & DTS licenses

DRM – Widevine Level 1, Microsoft PlayReady, Netflix license
Digital TV Tuner – DVB-S2 (satellite), DVB-C/T/T2 (Cable/Terrestrial), ATSC (all Dual Tuners)

Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (AC likely), Bluetooth 4.0, Z-Wave (Plus 500 series)
USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports

OS - Android TV OS 7.0 Nougat with DVR capabilities baked in.
Remote - Bluetooth backlit with Gyroscoptic functions and Voice Search

Price:$199

Release date: Estimated July 2017

From a Kodi perspective - this device faces some very stiff competition - especially when the 2017 - $200 nVIDIA Shield will be released in a week's time with superior Firmware, superior tech specs and the backing of a large Tech company.
EDIT Homy Hardware Tech Specs look like they will be updated using an AML S912.

Google's always on (Voice) assist and nVIDIA SPOT should be interesting once it matures and DVR + Tuner capabilities are being added to the Shield's Android Nougat OS as well.

The Z-Wave Smart Home integration could be interesting.

Also there will be a SmartThings USB stick coming out to plug in the SATV.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Definitely something to keep an eye on after it's been released.

Interesting, but at $200, nVidia Shield still looks significantly better. Two tuners would have been better (as it looks like its just a single). Also, I'm not seeing any mention of EPG grid guide nor DVR capabilities, not to mention if they'll be halfway decent.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Just listened to the Promo Video, and I want to know who cloned Apple's Jonathan Ive. It really does sound like him in the Voiceover. Wink

(2017-01-10, 15:57)hdmkv Wrote: Interesting, but at $200, nVidia Shield still looks significantly better. Two tuners would have been better (as it looks like its just a single). Also, I'm not seeing any mention of EPG grid guide nor DVR capabilities, not to mention if they'll be halfway decent.

Boom! Need to see if its been asked or ansswered..

Love crowd sourcing!! Always seems to under deliver..

The remote looks good Smile
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Hello, today some specs such as the CPU are a bit old. This is because we started this project about 18 months ago investing a lot of time and resources in home automation feature. Now, we are working in a new PCBA with S912, supercharged WIFI AC, HDR and better gaming GPU without extra cost.

Homy Player will run Android TV Nougat with inbound DVR, EPG and the TV tuner is dual (not single).

Kodi works flawless but we will update the specs in about 4-5 weeks when we finish and test the new PCBA (We are very serious about our promises).

The big thing on this device is Z-Wave implementation. Many z-wave gateways support between 15-30 different devices in the best of cases and not work properly... we support more than 1K because we use "class integration" instead "ID device identification". If your z-wave device is certified then will work... does not matter the brand (automation possibilities are unlimited)

Ah!, the video voice was made by our friend Gerry Conway (no intention to mimic anybody) ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QusSLNPipCQ
(2017-01-11, 03:05)Orlando Wrote: The big thing on this device is Z-Wave implementation. Many z-wave gateways support between 15-30 different devices in the best of cases and not work properly... we support more than 1K because we use "class integration" instead "ID device identification". If your z-wave device is certified then will work... does not matter the brand (automation possibilities are unlimited)

Indeed
Too bad you rule out Zigbee..it will kind limit users choice.

Im using Phillips HUE (Zigbee) and this thing is brilliant, Siri, apple HomeKit, logitech Harmony ultimate, IFTTT channels, Loads of compatible apps, and some zillions of configurations, looking forward for Google home in the Shield.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

I would never use my media player as my central home automation server. Media players break, get updated, etc. I want my lights garage doors and so forth on a bulletproof device.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-11, 03:05)Orlando Wrote: Hello, today some specs such as the CPU are a bit old. This is because we started this project about 18 months ago investing a lot of time and resources in home automation feature. Now, we are working in a new PCBA with S912, supercharged WIFI AC, HDR and better gaming GPU without extra cost.

Homy Player will run Android TV Nougat with inbound DVR, EPG and the TV tuner is dual (not single).

Kodi works flawless but we will update the specs in about 4-5 weeks when we finish and test the new PCBA (We are very serious about our promises).

The big thing on this device is Z-Wave implementation. Many z-wave gateways support between 15-30 different devices in the best of cases and not work properly... we support more than 1K because we use "class integration" instead "ID device identification". If your z-wave device is certified then will work... does not matter the brand (automation possibilities are unlimited)

Ah!, the video voice was made by our friend Gerry Conway (no intention to mimic anybody) ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QusSLNPipCQ

Can we get this thing certified by amazon, as the shield is, apparently?
(Or at least getting to work natively with amazon (prime) app with 1080p and 5.1 support?)
(so yes.. Amazon has their own devices bla bla and does not want other devices to use.. BUT: nvidia seems to have managed this :-P)
(2017-01-11, 09:24)nickr Wrote: I would never use my media player as my central home automation server. Media players break, get updated, etc. I want my lights garage doors and so forth on a bulletproof device.

Garage door, Main entrance, Alarms etc i agree.

But the basic thing has dim, on/off lights, close or open window blinds, start the Day activities stuff, i dont really see a issue.
Besides in most cases the Media player is going to be only the bridge between Command Voice and the action thats need to be trigger, its has secondary role.

For does (like me) that live in some dumb house Tongue systems like the Phillips HUE are fraction of investment of some lightings solutions that exist couple years ago.

This guy for example create a nice system in is house.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

We will try to contact Amazon
(2017-01-11, 09:24)nickr Wrote: I would never use my media player as my central home automation server. Media players break, get updated, etc. I want my lights garage doors and so forth on a bulletproof device.

We think the same!, this is the reason why our security and z-wave automation system is not an Android app. It's an independent system.
(2017-01-11, 05:01)couto27 Wrote: Indeed
Too bad you rule out Zigbee..it will kind limit users choice.

Im using Phillips HUE (Zigbee) and this thing is brilliant, Siri, apple HomeKit, logitech Harmony ultimate, IFTTT channels, Loads of compatible apps, and some zillions of configurations, looking forward for Google home in the Shield.

Thanks for your comment. We support Philips HUE, Nest, HomeKit, Sonos, Alexa by API and so on... we are able to integrate any device that supports API integration

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Homy Player - Hybrid Android TV OS - Smarthome - indiegogo (Crowdfunding)1