Pre-compiled binary build of XBMC for Mac OS X?
Question 
If anyone has successfully built a binary version of xbmc:os x is there any chance they could host it anywhere? if they are short on hosting space i can host the build on my isp webspace.
I just made an archive and it came to 118mb! Think there may be lots of crap in there.

Anyway, you will need to install a series of libraries to be able to run the app, so you might as well just compile it yourself.

Other than the python and sdl libs I mentioned in a previous post, you also need the following from macports :

libcdio
libfreetype
libfribidi
libGLEW
liblzo
libsqlite3
libz
Thanks ukp62. I am new to compiling on the Mac so this might take me a while but I am going to give it a shot Smile
ah thankyou for the information, i was under the assumption that one could just create a stand alone binary. I'll give it a go later (compiling) how much of the build is functional?
I'll look at creating a .app bundle target which will include all the required libraries once I've got it running under Xcode. Then someone can build that revision and think about hosting.

As ukp62 pointed out, it will be pretty big...
I seemed to be stuck with this error:

Code:
error: unknown register name 'eax' in 'asm'

Anybody have an idea why?
blubyu Wrote:I seemed to be stuck with this error:

Code:
error: unknown register name 'eax' in 'asm'

Anybody have an idea why?

Do a debug build, otherwise you'll run into errors. And don't compile for ppc.
elan - Thanks for that. I can now get past that error. Do you want us to keep posting errors that we are getting or should we wait for your *official* way to compile and install this? I don't want to bother you with my errors if it turns out I am not doing it the way it is suppose to be done Big Grin
I'm just doing trial and error to get it working. I am now getting this error:

/Users/stuart/XBMC/guilib/TextureManager.cpp:873: error: 'struct SDL_PixelFormat' has no member named 'colorkey'
/Users/stuart/XBMC/guilib/TextureManager.cpp:873: error: 'struct SDL_PixelFormat' has no member named 'alpha'

Any idea what I can do to fix this? As long as one of us gets this compiled we can share a guide and the binary.

Thanks again for all the work you've done!
blubyu Wrote:elan - Thanks for that. I can now get past that error. Do you want us to keep posting errors that we are getting or should we wait for your *official* way to compile and install this? I don't want to bother you with my errors if it turns out I am not doing it the way it is suppose to be done Big Grin

I would wait, until you want to help other (very) early adopters. I'll be posting some stuff to the wiki soon. Plus I'm trying to move the build over to Eclipse, as XCode is just not doing it for me.

-elan
well I got it compiled and built Smile I can run it but there are a few things don't work (playing a movie crashes it). I won't worry about them for now because I don't know what is suppose to work and what it isn't. Good job so far elan Big Grin
blubyu Wrote:well I got it compiled and built Smile I can run it but there are a few things don't work (playing a movie crashes it). I won't worry about them for now because I don't know what is suppose to work and what it isn't. Good job so far elan Big Grin

What mac do you use?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-compiled binary build of XBMC for Mac OS X?0