• 129(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
I have updated to 8.0 and now to 8.0.1
But I always have the exact same problem: the remote control batteries last a few days.
Does it happen to you too?
(2019-10-04, 09:00)mamachan Wrote: I have updated to 8.0 and now to 8.0.1
But I always have the exact same problem: the remote control batteries last a few days.
I dont have the remote just the controller. For kodi I uses my tv remote as that works with cec. For other things I have wireless mini keyboard attached.

But are they actually dead. I have had the better warning. And changed them and it didn't go away. Come to find out the warning was false and the batteries were fine, this has been a problem for some.
Yes, the same here.
(2019-10-04, 07:34)DNKK Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 05:14)ars92 Wrote: Does no one here have the HD audio dropout issue on Kodi which started with Experience 8.0?

Seems to still be there with 8.0.1. It’s pretty random and happens with both truehd and also dts HD.

My receiver doesn't support Dts-hd so can't comment about that. I didn't notice any dropouts on Truehd Atmos rips that I have played recently. Can you name a specific movie that you are having dropouts with if I have it I will try. I am on the latest 8.0.1 shield experience
It's pretty random. There are also certain movies where it just didn't happen.

It was pretty bad with dark phoenix (dts HD ma)

Edge of tomorrow dts HD ma

It also happened for a bit on annabelle comes home (atmos)

King of the monster (atmos) didn't have it though.

Its so much more common with dts HD ma than atmos tracks based on what I've noticed for the past few weeks.

And I've not noticed it at all with netflix dd+ or even kodi with dts/ac3 movies.

The craziest thing is that I may go for an hour in a movie without any issues but once it starts it'll randomly start happening.

And its not consistent/reproducible at specific time frames etc.

I believe when you try to play atmos track on an Avr which doesn't support it/it would play the core ac3 track so you won't notice this issue. At least that's what I think.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
Thanks.
I just have a question regarding running Kodi on the Nvidia shield (2015 16gb model). 

I have all the possible resolutions whitelisted and have "adjust display refresh rate" set to "on start/Stop". The resolution of my shield is set to 1080p, so is the Kodi GUI.

When I play a 4k movie, kodi automatically sets the resolution to 4k, which is great.
When I play a 1080p movie, kodi keeps the resolution to 1080p thanks to the whitelist and the TV is doing the upscaling, which is great.

I now wonder, if I would put the shield resolution and Kodi GUI resolution to 4k and still leave all resolutions whitelisted, will Kodi still set the output resolution to 1080 in order to have the TV do the upscaling instead of the shield??
Hello,
Concerning the new Shield TV 2019 which will be DV ready, do you think it will be only for streaming apps , or we can expect it for KODI too with movie files (mkv,ISO,BDMV UHD..)
Very nice!

New CPU as well, instant buy I think!!

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/17/new-nv...n-listing/

EDIT: new thread here 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348500
Thanks for the new thread link Wink
(2019-10-18, 12:39)NielsDB Wrote: I just have a question regarding running Kodi on the Nvidia shield (2015 16gb model). 

I have all the possible resolutions whitelisted and have "adjust display refresh rate" set to "on start/Stop". The resolution of my shield is set to 1080p, so is the Kodi GUI.

When I play a 4k movie, kodi automatically sets the resolution to 4k, which is great.
When I play a 1080p movie, kodi keeps the resolution to 1080p thanks to the whitelist and the TV is doing the upscaling, which is great.

I now wonder, if I would put the shield resolution and Kodi GUI resolution to 4k and still leave all resolutions whitelisted, will Kodi still set the output resolution to 1080 in order to have the TV do the upscaling instead of the shield??
Yes, it should. I have my Shield set to 4k BT.2020, and my TV automatically switches to 1080p Rec 709 when playing regular shows/movies, and 720p when watching hockey via the NHL.tv add-on
(2019-10-04, 18:23)ars92 Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 07:34)DNKK Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 05:14)ars92 Wrote: Does no one here have the HD audio dropout issue on Kodi which started with Experience 8.0?

Seems to still be there with 8.0.1. It’s pretty random and happens with both truehd and also dts HD.

My receiver doesn't support Dts-hd so can't comment about that. I didn't notice any dropouts on Truehd Atmos rips that I have played recently. Can you name a specific movie that you are having dropouts with if I have it I will try. I am on the latest 8.0.1 shield experience 

Its so much more common with dts HD ma than atmos tracks based on what I've noticed for the past few weeks.

And I've not noticed it at all with netflix dd+ or even kodi with dts/ac3 movies.

The craziest thing is that I may go for an hour in a movie without any issues but once it starts it'll randomly start happening.

I believe when you try to play atmos track on an Avr which doesn't support it/it would play the core ac3 track so you won't notice this issue. At least that's what I think. 
A hotfix for the hd audio dropouts is out. It might solve your problem
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...tfix-imag/
I have read a lot but still can’t figure stuff out. All this tech is beyond me. I play movies and use audio passthrough dts-hd mostly and 1080p all streaming from a nas. Will a shield tv do this for me?
(2019-11-16, 20:45)Exstaz Wrote: I have read a lot but still can’t figure stuff out. All this tech is beyond me. I play movies and use audio passthrough dts-hd mostly and 1080p all streaming from a nas. Will a shield tv do this for me?

Yes, that's is exactly what most of us are using KODI on the Shield TV for.
(2019-11-10, 18:18)DNKK Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 18:23)ars92 Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 07:34)DNKK Wrote: My receiver doesn't support Dts-hd so can't comment about that. I didn't notice any dropouts on Truehd Atmos rips that I have played recently. Can you name a specific movie that you are having dropouts with if I have it I will try. I am on the latest 8.0.1 shield experience 

A hotfix for the hd audio dropouts is out. It might solve your problem
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...tfix-imag/

Thanks man. But I’ll wait till it releases as a normal update. I somehow don’t see it much now. It’s really random.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188