Two Versions of movies
Hi there,

I was wondering howe people deal with movies they have two versions of. Say one B&W and one Colour, or alternate endings.

Do you use tags or some other method? I have used tags to differentiate between B&W or colour.

Or is it possible to add a version option in the movie edit panel.

cheers

Mark
Hello yeahbut-
I do not have an answer for you really, but I have the same issue. There is a place to set the edition which can sometimes help. Otherwise what I do sometimes is after scraping, I edit the name of the movie. Example "Star Wars" --> "Star Wars (Alt End)". I then run rename do it has that in the folder name which keeps it separate from the regular, and it also shows up this way for me in Kodi. This does not really solve the issue, but is a work around that I use.

I use it for things like 1080, 720, SD, etc. It would be same for colour and b&w. Maybe this can help you, and if not, add to the post as an enhancement to the request.... applying it to more than just colour/b&w, but all of the many other factors.
I use the video extras add-on and treat the ”other” versions as extras.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them out. Much appreciated.
I manage all my collection in individual files (iso, mkv, etc ...) There is some possibility of having in the folder extras the versions in directories and that have the same treatment of extras, that is to say that they do not identify them like films ?
In some movies I have some more documentation and this way they are all the loose files in extras and it is a mess.

Thanks in advance.
(2017-09-26, 10:18)judocama Wrote: I manage all my collection in individual files (iso, mkv, etc ...) There is some possibility of having in the folder extras the versions in directories and that have the same treatment of extras, that is to say that they do not identify them like films ?
In some movies I have some more documentation and this way they are all the loose files in extras and it is a mess.

Thanks in advance.
 Any sugestion about have folder into extra folder and Tinymediamanager recognize it how extra?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two Versions of movies0