How to Setup Kodi17 for Allcast Streaming ?
I am very new to Kodi.
I installed Kodi16 a few days ago using the "Complete Kodi Setup Wizard" App and also used its "Casting Setup" option(Quick Setup) to cast using Allcast to Chromecast.
This worked well.
However, I have now installed Kodi17 ( from Google Play ) and the Casting Setup option in "Complete Casting Setup" App does not appear to work for this.
Can anyone please tell me how to do this manually ?

Thanks in anticipation

Phil
I'd strongly suggest you avoid any such wizards, as they tend to put all sorts of junk on your device (in some cases covertly). We do not support such apps here, as they also tend to add banned add-ons (wiki) which violate our forum rules (wiki).

That one will stuff your install full of crappy builds full of such add-ons, and is not supported here. If you have been using it, I'd suggest you stop doing so, remove Kodi completely and reinstall a new clean installation from the store.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks. Yes I appreciate that.
However, it was by using the wizard initially to install Kodi 16 a few days ago that I was able to get it set up for casting via Allcast, using their Cast Setup.
i have now installed Kodi 17 from Googleplay Store but do not know how to get this version set up to cast via Allcast.
Could someone please advise me how to do this manually.
I have done a Google search but cannot find any simple instructions.
From what I have found, it seems to be something to do with downloading and maybe replacing an XML file but I cannot find any details.
I am a fairly ( old ) experienced computer user but feel very green yet with Kodi.

Please help
You probably need to set it up as an external player (wiki) using playercorefactory.xml
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Daren
I will have a look at the link and see what I can figure out what to do, with my current limited knowledge of Kodi
This might be a better link - HOW-TO:Use external players on Android (wiki)

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for comments.

After a lot of investigation with different versions of Kodi, the answer lies in the videos I was trying to cast.
After my 1st installation, using the Complete Kodi Setup Wizard, which installed Ver 16 and then setup casting, I tried it out using videos streamed from an Addon and it worked.
After installing Ver 17, from Google Playstore and setting up casting manually, by putting the Playercorefactory.xml file in the Userdata folder, I tried it out using videos on my device and from my PC via the local network.
It appears that the casting from Kodi, using Allcast App & Chromcast, works with videos streamed from an Addons but not from Local or Network files. This seems to be the case for both V16 and V17 versions.

Not sure why this is but it doesn't really matter since for Local or Network files I would simply use the Allcast App on my device directly and not use Kodi.
I'm still having no joy streaming to Chromecast from Android device using PlayerFactoryCore.xml. It seems that Krypton has pulled support for Chromecast to me but I'm sure someone will find a workaround soon.

I appreciate that I can use an HTML cable but that kinda defies the object of CC...
Presumably you have read my post above.
I was deceived for quite a while, thinking it didn't work ( on Ver 17 ), until I realized that it only did so for videos from Addon Streams and not for local files - that seems to be the same for Ver 16 & 17.
Which casting app are you using ? - it works for me with Allcast. I read somewhere that you need Allcast Premium. for which the licence costs £3
Hi, the things mentioned in this thread are quite good but I found this method to be working the best for me. Hence, I'm posting it for others. Smile

Kodi for Chromecast using a PC

1.First, you need to have Kodi App on your PC. get it installed.

2. Open Chrome and open settings and click on “Extensions” under “More tools”.

3. Search for “Google Cast” and install that extension. 

4. Click on the extension and a small window will open. Click on “Cast to” and select “Cast Desktop”.

5. Now select your Chromecast device from the list and then your PC screen will stream to your Chromecast connected TV.

6. After that, open Kodi Chromecast and play any video and it will stream from your PC as well as your TV.

If you are still having any issues, there are other methods too. Refer them:
1.  removed
2.   removed
3.  removed
Your links point to sites and articles that violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy, and so have been removed.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-02, 15:46)PhilSitch Wrote: I am very new to Kodi.
I installed Kodi16 a few days ago using the "Complete Kodi Setup Wizard" App and also used its "Casting Setup" option(Quick Setup) to cast using Allcast to Chromecast.
This worked well.
However, I have now installed Kodi17 ( from Google Play ) and the Casting Setup option in "Complete Casting Setup" App does not appear to work for this.
Can anyone please tell me how to do this manually ?

Thanks in anticipation

Phil
Such apps and wizards are absolutely nothing to do with us, violate our forum rules (wiki) and are not supported here. We deeply dislike them, to be diplomatic.

Kodi Blog Posts
I use local cast available from Google play store then search for kodi switch and instal that from playstore open up switch application and select what you want to play content on ie your phone or casting app if you allcast shows up as a option you mos likely won't have to install local cast
You then get a option at bottom of screen, little red icons to donate to get rid of adverts
Good look with it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Setup Kodi17 for Allcast Streaming ?0