Flac PCM only 48khz, 16bit
Hello,

i'm running the Android version of Kodi 17 on a FireStick. My goal is to have "bit correctness" from the sourcefile to my AVR. So i don't want Kodi to resample my audiofiles.

I tested the bit correctness with flac files and the result is always the same. No matter which sample rate oder bit depth the input file has the output according to my Pioneer AVR is the same: 48 khz, 16bit.

I tried all the different sound options in the audio settings page - best match - optimized - fixed (tried all possible samplerates) the output is just 48 khz, 16bit.

Is this a "Kodi" problem, a Linux or Android problem?

If there is a solution please let me know.

Best regards
Das-Korn
Probably Android on the Firestick.

I have no problem with 96/24 FLAC (and other high res sample/bit depths) on an Intel NUC running OpenELEC or LibreELEC and a WETEK Hub running LibreELEC and/or WETEK's Kodi player. (All with Kodi Jarvis or Krypton via HDMI to a Denon AVR)
(2017-02-05, 04:22)HomerJau Wrote: Probably Android on the Firestick.

I have no problem with 96/24 FLAC (and other high res sample/bit depths) on an Intel NUC running OpenELEC or LibreELEC and a WETEK Hub running LibreELEC and/or WETEK's Kodi player. (All with Kodi Jarvis or Krypton via HDMI to a Denon AVR)

I have also no problem to play 96/24 FLAC, but all other sample rates (88/14, 44,1/16 or 48/24) becomes resampled to 48/16.
I use a Nvidia Shield TV (2015) with the latest Firmware (Android 7).

It seems that currently kodi supports only 96/24 without resampling.

Tom
Nividea Shield TV, Nividea Shield Controller, Nividea Shield Remote, Kodi 16 Beta 3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flac PCM only 48khz, 16bit0