[Android Krypton Compile Guide] Step by Step
thank you very much, this guide has worked perfectly
how should I do this to get passthrough working again, I did have a good Kodi install beginning of the year then accidentally did an update and now I have no sound and can not find my old "shitty" file i last used to install kodi

found a typo 

$ ./configure --with-tarballs=/$HOME/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/$HOME/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk-path=/$HOME/android-ndk-r12b --with-toolchain=/$HOME/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --prefix=/$HOME/xbmc-depends

and now to solve this 

checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in `/mnt/Install/gitclone/kodi-master/tools/depends/native/m4-native/x86_64-linux-native':
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details
Makefile:23: recipe for target 'x86_64-linux-native' failed
make[2]: *** [x86_64-linux-native] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/Install/gitclone/kodi-master/tools/depends/native/m4-native'
Makefile:62: recipe for target 'm4-native' failed
make[1]: *** [m4-native] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/Install/gitclone/kodi-master/tools/depends/native'
Makefile:8: recipe for target 'native/.installed-x86_64-linux-native' failed
make: *** [native/.installed-x86_64-linux-native] Error 2

Config.Log
Post /mnt/Install/gitclone/kodi-master/tools/depends/native/m4-native/x86_64-linux-native/config.log
I have generated a keystore file with the my own key and password which i would like to use it for building kodi apk.

How to create a self signed apk with my-owned keystore file? The build instructions are purely based on generating debug apk. I wish to generate release apk with my keystore file.

Please help
Can You refresh your instructions for compiling Kodi 18 "Leia" for Android?
(2017-02-15, 02:24)ScopeFan Wrote: @mattfred, I only tried these steps on Kodi 17rc1. For good measures, (even though it is identical) I went through the steps start to finish on OSX and Windows 7 VirtualBox. Are you building for a different version?
Are your starting environment the same as the ones stated? It may be drastic, but getting the source again (either in a different directory tree, or rm -rf bomb the current source tree and redo, or rename your current kodi source tree if you want to keep the compiled files.)

Looks like OptimusGREEN was able to independently verify that the instructions work.

Please keep me posted.
Thank you
 thank you for sharing!!
I have fork and debranded my APK.  I would like to have my APK load my custom skin as the default vs Confluence or Estuary rather use a installation wizard to install and update my builds.
(2018-11-11, 20:01)nozorrog Wrote: Can You refresh your instructions for compiling Kodi 18 "Leia" for Android?
I would like to second this request... An updated set of instructions for Leia would be appreciated greatly!

BTW... I assume that there is no way to simply import the source into the Android Studio and compile it from there, is there?
I cannot get Kodi to make...  

I've changed /$HOME to $HOME.  I have used --with-ndk-path=... My directory is named xbmc, instead of kodi-krypton. My VM is running the latest version of Ubuntu...  Otherwise I've followed the directions to the letter.

This is where is borks.

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/steve/xbmc/tools/depends/target/pcre'
make -C arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/steve/xbmc/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug'
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/xbmc/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug'
Makefile:34: recipe for target 'arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/.libs/libpcre.a' failed
make[2]: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/.libs/libpcre.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/xbmc/tools/depends/target/pcre'
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'pcre' failed
make[1]: *** [pcre] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/xbmc/tools/depends/target'
Makefile:11: recipe for target 'target/.installed-arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug' failed
make: *** [target/.installed-arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug] Error 2

My config.log can be found here ---> config.log
i have followed you in every step but when i executed the make command i am getting this error
 freadahead.c: In function 'freadahead':
freadahead.c:91:3: error: #error "Please port gnulib freadahead.c to your platform! Look at the definition of fflush, fread, ungetc on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
91 | #error "Please port gnulib freadahead.c to your platform! Look at the definition of fflush, fread, ungetc on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
make[6]: *** [Makefile:1837: freadahead.o] Error 1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android Krypton Compile Guide] Step by Step3