v17 How to disable music library mode in kodi 17?
HI all!
Just upgraded to Kodi 17 and can not figure out the way to disable music library mode. I had alway been using file mode and prefer it (not all my music is tagged correctly and it is too much of an undertaking to retag). XBMC until 17 had a menu option to disable library but I can not find it anymore ...

Cheers

SimDim
Just say "no" after adding a source and being asked if you want to add it to db
Thank you. Sounds like I need to drop sources and re add them ... It was nice before when it was possible to go back and forth with library mode without redoing sources.
What is your problem with how it is in v17? is all the Library nodes of Artist, Album, Song etc being displayed at the top level you don't like, if so that can easily be changed. Dropping the source and readding but not scanning would mean you don't get any tag data in the Files view.
For example it's very easy to get something like this:

If you want a brute-force method, find Estuary skin addon and xml/Home.xml and find/replace

ActivateWindow(Music,root,return)

with

ActivateWindow(Music,files,return)

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Did edit Home.xml , however after restarting kodi I still do not have file view only Library ...
Hi, I won't set tags on my hundred files since they are well named Smile

Is there a proper way to disable the Library mode (from main menu AND music view) and absolutely keep only the file view? I use Kodi on a Rapberry and want to do this easily from the GUI Smile

Thank you in advance
(2018-02-24, 13:54)Vincent14 Wrote: Hi, I won't set tags on my hundred files since they are well named Smile
Tagging such a small collection would be very easy, and you would gain all the benefits of the music library. But choice is yours.

(2018-02-24, 13:54)Vincent14 Wrote: Is there a proper way to disable the Library mode (from main menu AND music view) and absolutely keep only the file view? I use Kodi on a Rapberry and want to do this easily from the GUI Smile
No there is no easy GUI route to editing the main menu AFAIK
I want to do the same, to avoid seeing the menu

Files
Playlists

when accessing KODI over DLNA!

It's a redundant sub-menu... i just want to browse the files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable music library mode in kodi 17?0