• 6(current)
Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU)
(2018-01-31, 05:25)Guilouz Wrote: Does anyone have a NUC7i7BNH and told me if it's working ?

I use latest Milhouse Generic builds and it's impossible to have DTS-HD/True-HD or Dolby Digital Plus in passthrough, I have no sound, my AVR does not receive any channel. OK with DTS and Dolby Digital.

Before install LibreELEC, I have installed a Windows build and updated BIOS to latest and HDMI 2.0 Firmware to 1.72.

I have also a NUC5i5RYH and all is fine with it.

Yes, I have that exact NUC with windows 10 creators edition update running Kodi 17.6 and DTS-HD and all other audio formats are able to passthrough to my Marantz AV7702 for proper decode.  It was a real PIA to figure out how to get the NUC to bitstream properly.  I'll have to look at the settings when I get home and post a follow-up.  Hang in there, it does work!

I should note that my setup is a bit unorthodox.  Nuc hdmi out goes to an Oppo-203 hdmi input for video upscaling and audio is output from the Oppo's hdmi ARC to the Marantz.  This was done to leverage the Oppos excellent upscaling and because the Matantz AV7702 is not hdmi 2.0 or hdcp compliant and will not passthrough native 4K HDR.
(2018-02-01, 00:16)Nix Booter Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 05:25)Guilouz Wrote: Does anyone have a NUC7i7BNH and told me if it's working ?

I use latest Milhouse Generic builds and it's impossible to have DTS-HD/True-HD or Dolby Digital Plus in passthrough, I have no sound, my AVR does not receive any channel. OK with DTS and Dolby Digital.

Before install LibreELEC, I have installed a Windows build and updated BIOS to latest and HDMI 2.0 Firmware to 1.72.

Yes, I have that exact NUC with windows 10 creators edition update running Kodi 17.6 and DTS-HD and all other audio formats are able to passthrough to my Marantz AV7702 for proper decode.  It was a real PIA to figure out how to get the NUC to bitstream properly.  I'll have to look at the settings when I get home and post a follow-up.  Hang in there, it does work!

I should note that my setup is a bit unorthodox.  Nuc hdmi out goes to an Oppo-203 hdmi input for video upscaling and audio is output from the Oppo's hdmi ARC to the Marantz.  This was done to leverage the Oppos excellent upscaling and because the Matantz AV7702 is not hdmi 2.0 or hdcp compliant and will not passthrough native 4K HDR.  
 I have issue with LibreELEC, not on Windows.

With my Denon AVR :
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD High Res, Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus are not working in passthrough. No sound. 

With my Onkyo TX-RZ820 AVR :
- Some DTS-HD MA are working, some have only DTS core but no sound
- DTS-HD High Res not working, only DTS core but no sound
- Dolby True HD working
- Dolby Digital Plus working 

All tested files are working fine with my other NUC NUC5i5RYH.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-02-04, 04:50)Guilouz Wrote:  I have issue with LibreELEC, not on Windows.
Please read this THIS post regarding Intel 7th gen. LibreELEC Kodi Krypton audio passthrough status

(2018-02-04, 06:00)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 04:50)Guilouz Wrote:  I have issue with LibreELEC, not on Windows.
Please read this THIS post regarding Intel 7th gen. LibreELEC Kodi Krypton audio passthrough status 
 I already use pre-Alpha versions with patch for Kaby Lake...
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-02-04, 04:50)Guilouz Wrote:

With my Denon AVR :
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD High Res, Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus are not working in passthrough. No sound. 

- Dolby True HD working

Ah, I see.  Sorry that I missed that point and that my Win10 experience won't help.  Best of luck working it out.
Hello everyone,

I wanted to purchase a Kaby Lake i5 NUC (upgrading from a Haswell NUC), but after reading about it I found too many issues with it.

If I wanted to use a NUC with Linux (to act as a home server, too) and be able to output 4K60/HDR and multi-channel audio via HDMI it would be better to wait for Intel to release fixes for Linux / wait for new NUCs altogether? I'd also like a little future proofing (HLG/HDR10+).
AFAIK what works only works for Windows. Also, being able to update the firmware via Windows only surprises me. There's a visual bios, how hard would it be to update from there?
Hi everyone, so to sum up does the NUC7i5BNH , can play 4K HDR on windows or linux and passthrough DTS HD or atmos on windows or linux ?

I am interesting on buying one .

thanks
hi can you help me to choose between NUC7i5bnh or beebox s 7200 ?  hard to choose !

i see 4K hdr works for beebox but nobody has tested the nuc7i5bnh but he is cheaper ?

Need advice plz thanks
(2018-02-04, 04:50)Guilouz Wrote:

With my Denon AVR :

- Dolby True HD working

@Guilouz 
Did you ever find a resolution to this?
I just got a NUC7i5BNK and am running latest stable LibreElec 8.2/Kodi 17.6
I have a Denon AVR 5200 and have the same experience as you describe
I'd rather not upgrade to LibreElec 9.0/Kodi 18 beta yet, but I'm suspecting this is the only way to get bitstream audio on Kaby Lake?
I have a nuc7i5bnh and running latest leia milhouse testbuilds and everthing is working fine.
Hi guys,
I just got a NUC7i3BNH and I have installed LE 8.90.006 ALPHA and everything seems to be working fine.
I have a few questions.
  1. In the Bios, I can choose 4 different HDMI outputs. I have left it on the default, but why are there so many? My unit has only 1 HDMI.
  2. I can only get 30hz outputting. I thought this had HDMI2 which fires 4k in 60hz. My avr and tv both support 4k 60hz. Is this a limitation of the NUC? LE or a setting I've not figured out?
  3. I want to get bit accurate audio, so I can play DTS CD etc. Is this possible using LE? I I believe I can get this working quite easily on Windows, but I'd rather not use Windows because whenever I turn the tv off and back on, the resolution is all stuffed up.
Thanks in advanced
Kodi can do bit perfect audio. For DTS CDs I convert to Multichannel FLAC so I can tag for Kodi using Foobar2000:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/...000.25573/
(2018-10-26, 03:29)HomerJau Wrote: Kodi can do bit perfect audio. For DTS CDs I convert to Multichannel FLAC so I can tag for Kodi using Foobar2000:

Yes Kodi can do bit perfect audio, but can it do bit perfect audio on a Nuc running LE?
(2018-10-26, 03:29)HomerJau Wrote: Kodi can do bit perfect audio. For DTS CDs I convert to Multichannel FLAC so I can tag for Kodi using Foobar2000:

So confirming this problem has been fixed ?

No 24bit/192kHz Audio for Sky / Apollo / Kaby Lake (click)

I struggled for a long time with my NUCi3BNH to get TrueHD and DTSHD-MA to work. I had to update the HDMI firmware and then I could get it working under Windows 10, but not with Libreelec. Even the Milhouse versions wouldn't pass it. I eventually figured out it was somehow related to my Yamaha receiver. Recently I switched to an Integra (Onkyo) receiver and magically, it started working perfectly with Libreelec, using the official, Alpha version, 8.9.x.
I'm happy to be away from Windows.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU)1