DTS/AC3 Music tracks playback
Thank you fritsch & jjd-uk. Much appreciated.

BTW, if I install the v17 apk in FTV, will this upgrade automatically the content? All of my content are local (movies, music etc.). Or will I be redoing the whole shebang? (Network share, content, addons etc.)?
fritsch, I installed the shitty build 2-11-2017.

But now I have a worse problem. With this build the DTS tracks are causing "white noise'. With AC3 tracks, few tracks are playing really well, which has never happened before, but many others are causing a weird white noise (not the type that DTS creates). The problematic AC3 tracks are causing some kind of vibrating white noise (wrr...wrr...wrr... wrr....) in a rhythmic fashion, as opposed to a smooth continuous white noise with DTS files.

BTW, I also made sure I turn on the "Passthrough" and enabled "AC3 capable" and "DTS capable" options.

Is this expected?
No Debug Log - no issue. No it's not expected.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-17, 08:19)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log - no issue. No it's not expected.

Ah the shitty build :-) - yeah that might cause white noise ... that's why it's called shitty - though it does exactly the same as v16 did. So if you get noise with this v17 build you will also have noise with v16.

Official v17 does not ship this ancient hack anymore - but - as of FireTV people not fixing their firmware - only AC3 will work. That means for official kodi on FireTV you need to set speakers to 2.0, enable AC3 and AC3 transcoding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
As the old v16 method used PCM to piggyback the AC3 and DTS any alteration in the Kodi volume control could disrupt the passthrough formats, make sure the internal Kodi volume control is at 100%.
(2017-02-17, 10:27)jjd-uk Wrote: As the old v16 method used PCM to piggyback the AC3 and DTS any alteration in the Kodi volume control could disrupt the passthrough formats, make sure the internal Kodi volume control is at 100%.

Sidenote: The shitty build he uses does exactly 100% the same what Jarvis did.
But v16 played DTS &AC3 only it was sounding like the tracks were being played at a higher playback speed. I attached the log for v16 in my earlier post (here again http://paste.ubuntu.com/23984432/). So the only way DTS will play is by transcoding it to AC3? Will this cause fidelity loss? I'm not looking for a theoretical Audiophile quality, but just a good clean audio experience.
What about posting a v17 log ...
Here it is.... http://paste.ubuntu.com/24015124/

Please look from below (duh!!)...

- The last 2 songs were giving that weird rhythmic white noise (grr.. grr... grr....)
- Third from the bottom gave a smooth white noise
- Above that, the songs played flawlessly (if you notice you'll see I have a DTS track and an AC3 track here). I'm surprised how certain DTS tracks are playing well.
Quote:09:28:12.145 WARNING: You are using PCM passthrough - you were warned!
09:28:12.145 DEBUG: AESinkAUDIOTrack: Using IEC PT mode: 2

A real v17, please. That this one does white noise is sadly expected.
Sorry, Fritsch, I don't follow you.
Pleae download the official kodi version from the homepage.
But v17 is not released yet. How will I get an official release?
With all due respect, I have been misled and screwed around. This is very disappointing. A Kodi Team member give me a link to a build to solve a potential problem and now I'm left with a messed up environment. I seriously expected better than this.

Irritating!
How do they team keep up with all this crap? At least he started out fairly well before going all mental..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS/AC3 Music tracks playback0