• 4(current)
Release Catch-Up TV & More
Hi raptorz,

Can you please test the beta of this plugin we changed the framework so maybe the behavior is different catchuptvandmore dev?

Can you please also with the new result file an issue on our github to see what we can do for that.

Thanks,
Wwark.
Hi wwark,

Yes you are right, it is fixed on the dev branch. The favourite just has this:

html:

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.catchuptvandmore/main/generic_menu?_pickle_=80027d71002855076d656e755f69647101580900000066725f7265706c6179710255075f7469746c655f710358060000004672616e63657104752e",return)

Do you plan to release the changes to the main plugin soon?
Good !
Maybe end of this month. Still testing this new framework.
Thanks,
Wwark
Hi.  I've followed the instructions to install the Test DRM version on Kodi Leia for Xbox but the UKTV replay shows don't work. When I try to play one it just shows a blue circle in the middle of the screen for a minute.  There is no error message.  I saw in an earlier post that you needed an account to use UKTV replay but the settings only allow you to add accounts for French and Belgian TV.  What am I missing please?

Thanks
Hi eclectic_cornflakes,

I test on my side and it is working.
The account is not required.
You need Kodi 18 beta 3 or above and DRM library correctly deployed.
The UK Play contents are also geoblocked.

Can you please share the logs of Kodi after a test to play one content of UKTV Play on paste.bin?

Thanks,
Wwark
Same issue as @eclectic_cornflakes with UKTV Play

Log of a request with debug and curl logging on: https://pastebin.com/wM9iqRdi
Getting a 406 response on a post to license server.
- Works fine through UKTV website (chrome browser) so not a geoblocking issue.
- Running Kodi Leia RC1, Ubuntu 18.04 x64

@wwark Are there steps I need to take to have 'DRM library correctly deployed'? I cannot find any instructions regarding this. (I do have libwidevine.so in ~kodi/.kodi/cdm/)
Solved my own issue. It was widevine not installed correctly. uktvplay.py doesn't call inputstreamhelper like some of the other channels do.

python:

is_helper = inputstreamhelper.Helper('mpd', drm='widevine')
if not is_helper.check_inputstream():
  return False

I added the above code to get_video_url in uktvplay.py, followed the install prompts on screen, rebooted and it all now works.
Hi @uyllii,

Thanks a lot to spot this issue.
I have pushed a new version "0.1.0~beta10" with this fix.

@eclectic_cornflakes, can you please check again?

Thanks again,
Wwark
@wwark would you be able to help me better understand the DRM implementation. i saw that you'd got it working and tried to apply it using exactly the same method but doesn't work. just ends in a loading cycle.
i have an addon for personal use that just loads uktvplay nothing else.

i'm passing the same information using basically the same code as you, grabbing all the keys etc, even though i get the video ID from a different json, it's still exactly the same id that your version would pass to the DRM part.

i think i know 'what' doesn't work, i just don't understand 'why' it doesn't work or how to make it work. i'm 99% sure the it's only the final loading stage after all the correct info has been grabbed.

thanks
Hi @samsonoff ,

Is it possible to share your code and the logs to be able to understand in the pastebin?

Thanks,
Wwark.
@wwark yh, i'll strip down the addon so it literally just has a simple click through easy to understand code (there's some residual "if's" at the very bottom but they're never called and the bits they jump to won't exist so can ignore them.

the code itself is easy enough for you to understand.
(also note that i've intentionally commented out the video info sections, e.g. video title/info/icon, because i currently only pass the video url (video_id) to play the stream so that info isn't available, but i tested removing the same sections in your version and it still play's so that shouldn't be an issue.

a log would be no more use than you seeing the actual code tbh. do you have a preferred place to upload(the zip) to? i'll just send you the addon.
it might be something like "you haven't put xyz in your addon.xml", don't think it is but still. just easier to send you the addon zipped.

(most of the code is just grabbing information, and you can tell it's correct by the fact the addon doesn't crash/show blank fields, so that doesn't need looking over and the section i want you to look at is basically code you wrote anyway so shouldn't take you long to understand haha.)
I don't follow all your last comment but I think if you read the logs you can find some clues Smile
I want you to change the logs level to debug mode and you might have some answers !

If you still have issues you can share your code and your logs in a pastebin or in attachment in this forum.

Wwark.
hi  @wwark

the "play_stream" section is were im pretty sure the problem is as the other sections is just a simple json call grab show info etc.

load add-on > select 'dave' > select a 'show' > select an 'episode' > plays stream.
.................. > Category > Getcontent > Getepisodes > play_stream

(all listings are added using the 'def add_dir')

link to addon

it gets as far as "GET /playback/v1/accounts/1242911124001/videos/5815654895001" (jump to that in your log), then loops back around(does this about 4 times before failing to play) were as yours resolves the url straight after this and begins to play
Hi @samsonoff,

I tried your addon but I don't know where is your issue.

The logs seem to stop at this part.
19:49:36.941 T:139943634974464   DEBUG: [urllib3.connectionpool] Starting new HTTPS connection (1): edge.api.brightcove.com
19:49:37.019 T:139943634974464   DEBUG: [urllib3.connectionpool] https://edge.api.brightcove.com:443 "GET /playback/v1/accounts/1242911124001/videos/5816591218001 HTTP/1.1" 200 None
19:49:37.036 T:139943634974464    INFO: CPythonInvoker(22, /home/wark/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.daveuk/default.py): script successfully run
19:49:37.036 T:139943634974464   DEBUG: onExecutionDone(22, /home/wark/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.daveuk/default.py)

It return HTTP 200 but don't go more further. The next step normally it will parse the json by this call.

Maybe your code doesn't work with the codequick framework. Maybe try to remove codequick if you don't need it.

Thanks,
Wwark.
hi @wwark ,

i don't see how removing codequick would make it work?

that section of the code, the one that actually plays the stream, is pretty much IDENTICAL to the code you use. it passes the same video_id, just grabs it from a different json.
i don't understand how it can possibly not work when yours does, even though it's running exactly the same code.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Catch-Up TV & More1