Washed Out Misty Video In Recent Versions
AMD Radeon HD 5450 latest driver installed .

All video in Kodi 15 plays fine. Any attempt within 16 or 17 and there is a grey misty veil to every movie, giving a washed out look.

I've tried searching for a solution without success, can anyone suggest a tweak either in driver or Kodi settings that will allow me to update?
(2017-02-20, 18:50)captainfearless Wrote: AMD Radeon HD 5450 latest driver installed .

All video in Kodi 15 plays fine. Any attempt within 16 or 17 and there is a grey misty veil to every movie, giving a washed out look.

I've tried searching for a solution without success, can anyone suggest a tweak either in driver or Kodi settings that will allow me to update?

What do you have the colour range set to on your devices? It should be the same for all of them. Full or limited.
Cheers, which devices should I check?
Cheers, which devices should I check?

I don't let my graphics card control the colour, it's set to video player, so I assume Kodi is in control.
(2017-02-21, 10:14)captainfearless Wrote: Cheers, which devices should I check?

I don't let my graphics card control the colour, it's set to video player, so I assume Kodi is in control.

Check your tv, kodi and windows. They all have to be the same. You still need to set the gpu colour space to the same as the rest.
Video levels and color space (wiki) see if this thread applies http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267528
Thanks very much chaps will check. Pixel ratio seems another potential culprit.
I solved this problem by going to:

AMD Catalyst Control Center > My Digital Flat-Panels > Pixel Format

Then I tried all of the different settings until I found one that worked. For me, RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format PC Standard (Full RGB) worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Washed Out Misty Video In Recent Versions0