Using Schedules Direct with TVH
(2017-03-27, 14:23)elsmandino Wrote: Success!!!! I finally managed to get the tv_grab_zz_sdjson grabber working.

One more quick question, before I put this one to bed.

I finally got round to doing this:

[code}su- hts
tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure[/code]

I only want about one third of the channels from the Freeview line up.

Am I correct in thinking that clicking y or n on every channel is the only way to specify only the channels you want or is there another, quicker way?

It did not take me all that long but I was just wondering what happens when a new channel appears and I need to add the EPG for it - will I have to go through the whole configuration process again?

Did you build it yourself, following your steps from post 12.
Unfortunately, not - no matter what I did, I just could not get it to work myself.

In the end, I had to ask on the Debian forums - they took pity on my incompetence and helped me out by compiling everything for me:

http://forums.debian.net/viewforum.php?f...a0c973231c
Sorry, just realised that I posted a dud url for this.

In case anyone needs it, the solution is here:

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=132290
For OTA ATSC TV (north America), if I have schedules direct up and running, do I disable the OTA grabber to avoid conflicts? Or can they live together.
While you can have them both enabled (just set the priority for schedules direct) not sure you would want to. The data from the OTA is usually pretty generic, only covers 24 hours and you're asking your system to run scans (use your tuners) when idle or on boot up.

If the SD is running and stable for you - I would disable the OTA grabber.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
I'm thinking for sporting events that run over time. Don't want to miss the last minutes of NBA playoff game
It is unlikely that local OTA guide info would be updated for live sporting events. I used to work in a tv station and that information is generically fed into the transmitter - it is not usually setup as a dynamic information stream that gets updated by anyone. In fact, it is usually just pulled from a log that is created days or weeks earlier.

If you're fortunate enough to have a local station that is having someone update that info - you could set the OTA grabber to have the higher priority and test it out. I'm not sure if tvheadend will pull in the live stream of the epg data and update any recording timer while tuned to the channel. Let us know how it goes!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Schedules Direct offers this information for live sporting events for MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA. If you query the guide event via JSON, it will tell you if the sporting event is still in progress, as well as give you the current score for finished and in-progress games for those leagues.

Unfortunately, I do not know of any grabber or application that makes use of this information, especially for Tvheadend (as I doubt Tvheadend has any way to make sense of this additional information).
The issue would be the triggering part. I suppose we could ask the folks at tvheadend to add a trigger for the grabber when recording "live" events right before the program is going to end. That way if it is getting extended it would update the timer accordingly. Maybe something to post over on their forum.
(2017-02-21, 16:52)rpcameron Wrote: You basically have to setup your Schedules Direct account from the command line before you can use it with Tvheadend. Once you can run your grabber from the command line as the user that Tvheadend runs as, then you can get it working with Tvheadend.

Get a current version of the XMLTV project's utilities so you will have the grabbers installed. The one you want is tv_grab_zz_sdjson. This is the grabber for Schedules Direct that uses their JSON API.

From the command line, switch to the user that Tvheadend runs as (in this example, it's 'hts' which is what it is on my machine). Then, run the grabber in its configure mode, which will set up your lineups and channels to grab information for.

Code:
$ su - hts
$ tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure

Once your grabber is configured, then you can (re-)start Tvheadend, so that it will pick up the XMLTV grabber. In the Tvheadend WebUI go to "Configuration > Channel / EPG > EPG Grabber Modules". From the, select the one for "Internal: Schedules Direct JSON API", click "Enable", "Save" and then "Re-Run EPG Grabber Modules". After the grabber runs, you will find your guide channels on the "EPG Channels" tab, where you can map them to your Channels.
Even though your instructions are quite old (from 2017, today is 2022), I followed these instructions (on CentOS 7) and was able to get Tvheadend working with this EPG Grabber module.

For CentOS 7, I had to install xmltv-grabbers, xmltv, and xmltv-gui.  I think the xmltv-gui package was optional.  The user-ID of tvheadend in CentOS 7 is "tvheadend".  So in the above I used "su - tvheadend".  However, the tvheadend user-ID is not enabled on CentOS 7 when you install the tvheadend packages.  You have to enable that user-ID, run the configuration, then disable the user-ID.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Schedules Direct with TVH0