• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Basics-Vision Skin
jezz_x,
I like the skin. One question...

Can you make the Home screen use coverflow? It would be sweet to have the menu for the screen selection be coverflow and the image it shows above the screen name text be a multi-image background set (that changes every few seconds). Similar to how backgrounds work on the Home screen with PM3 and Aeon except in a coverflow format.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
jezz_x, loving the skin. I used to have Vision as my main skin, but now it's yours Smile
One question, is it possible, and if so where can i do it, to change the order of the shutdown menu that pops up when you hit X while on the circle.
In Vision it used to default to shutdown, which i liked since i could easily shut off my xbox by pressing back -> X -> X. Right now it defaults to the Favourites button so I end up in apple movie trailers.
I tried looking through the skin files but was soon confused.
Thanks again for a great skin.

Matt
Open up dialogbuttonmenu.xml and move
Quote:<item>
<label>13005</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ShutDown()</onclick>
</item>
to the top
Excellent, thanks Jezz_X
Ok here is the new 'Latest" version as of now for those who choose not to use the SVN
Included in this one is complete 4x3 support

Basics-Vision_Revision_1142.rar

Complete changelog since first added to the SVN
Quote:Date Rev Message
=============================================================================================================
2008-01-31 1142 Added : Play trailer button to DialogVideoInfo.xml
2008-01-31 1141 Added : Possible fix for music and video scanning dialogs never reappearing from going to full screen video music windows
2008-01-30 1140 Changed : Coverflow view now added to video files and library for PAL 4x3 that makes the last of the 4x3 stuff finished
2008-01-30 1132 CHanged : Now Playing title now scrolls in home if it is too long Changed : Now Playing in sub pages uses a smaller font and higher up so it doesn't go over window title text
2008-01-30 1131 Fixed : 16x9 resolutions couldn't reset custom wallpaper
2008-01-30 1130 Added : 4x3 Music Coverflow Video coming soon
2008-01-29 1119 Fixed : (hopefully) Clock in home circle getting cut off Added : Option to skin settings to choose a custom background for the whole skin
2008-01-29 1118 Added : Skin Setting to move the time from the top to the middle of the circle in the traditional home screen
2008-01-29 1117 Added : "Big List" view type to all media windows. This is just list view with no big icon so full screen width
2008-01-29 1116 Changed : Finished off making AMT look better in 4x3 (except for coverflow that is 4x3 pretty much done) yippe
2008-01-29 1115 Changed : Lyrics script skin for 4x3 tidied up Changed : a few small 4x3 tweeks
2008-01-28 1114 Finished : 4x3ing the music and video library "Media Info" Views
2008-01-28 1113 Changed : couple more 4x3 files done
2008-01-28 1111 Fixed : some Nav issues in music and video OSD Added : 4x3 PAL stuff to the build.bat stuff Skinned : some more 4x3 stuff (still more to go mainly scripts and media info views)
2008-01-28 1110 Uploaded : the 4x3 files for the skin so I don't loose them not all are done yet (about 70% are) and 4x3 dosn't have coverflow in it (yet)
2008-01-24 1108 Changed the coverflow animation timing a little
2008-01-23 1106 Fixed : Skin has invalid include: Slide_From_Right_Animation
2008-01-23 1105 Added : BUILD_SKIN_If_Other_Dosn't_Work.bat for people having problems with the old BUILD_SKIN.bat
2008-01-23 1104 Changed : Going up on both menus now opens Favourites Dialog . Going down on ALt home opens shutdown dialog, (not sure if its staying a see accidental clicks happening)
2008-01-23 1103 Changed : Made Page control Nav up got to current media view (better for coverflow) Changed : Coverflow views loose blue border when not selected (eg: on page controls)
2008-01-23 1102 Changed : Code cleanup
2008-01-23 1101 Added : Coverflow view to music
2008-01-23 1100 Added : Work around for background_diffuse.png texture flashing on entering alt home on linux version of xbmc (new already transparent home texture called background_2.png) Added : Coverflow view to the Video sections (really only for dvd posters because other aspects will just get stretched out to fit)
2008-01-22 1099 Inital Commit of the Basics-Vision skin thanks to Mikebeecham for the Icons use again Smile This skin is really only meant for 720p but should work on any 16x9 resolution 4x3 is not good The skin also required a fairly recent build of XBMC (no more than a week old)to function proper
Hi Jezz. Noticed a couple of possible bugs...

Selecting "Programs" from the settings menu doesn't open anything at the moment. Noticed that if playing an ntsc video (on PAL 60) when paused the time played is slightly truncated.

Also the quick scroll arrows in the bottom right corner don't seem to be working quite right in any view. i.e. when I select the down button (keeping pressed the select button on the MS remote) I can quick scroll through any list as I do in PMIII. However if I try to scroll up through a list is just stops (despite the fact that I am holding the button down on the remote).

Great work on this skin by the way... My new default Smile
1st 2 fixed and I updated the rar download as well

the page up down ones are somthing jmarshall will have to look at because I have no control over that sort of thing
If it's the spincontrol and it behaves differently between skins, I'm afraid I don't believe you.

If it's the same in both skins, then it's something I can fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pm3 dosn't have spin controls anymore Smile
Wow thx.
Smile 
Here's another nice backdrop by aquaraven (found on deviant art)

Full size here... http://i29.tinypic.com/143hurl.jpg
Found This nice wallpaper by CryptFiend@Devianart:
BLUE
That goes well whit the skin, I guess:
...Kaiser Neron will Fall...
Affini Wrote:jezz_x,
I like the skin. One question...

Can you make the Home screen use coverflow? It would be sweet to have the menu for the screen selection be coverflow and the image it shows above the screen name text be a multi-image background set (that changes every few seconds). Similar to how backgrounds work on the Home screen with PM3 and Aeon except in a coverflow format.

Jezz,
You don't like this idea?
no I dont sorry and wont be adding it it allready has 2 alternate home screens I'm not adding a third plus the whole custom background thing looks really weird on most images because of all the transperant black in the images
Also coverflow is a hack at best an really dosn't work very well ot is very usefull when you really get into it its just pretty
Jezz_X Wrote:no I dont sorry and wont be adding it it allready has 2 alternate home screens I'm not adding a third plus the whole custom background thing looks really weird on most images because of all the transperant black in the images
Also coverflow is a hack at best an really dosn't work very well ot is very usefull when you really get into it its just pretty

I think you misunderstand... I'm not asking for a custom background at all. I'm saying use what would 'normally' be backgrounds for the covers in coverflow. It would work really well since it is just a few menu items (Videos, Music, etc), not a complete library or something.

It would definitely make the skin unique... I hope my explanation is clearer? I also hope you change your mind. Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Basics-Vision Skin2