• 9(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
@paulyjc

Yes it comes pre-installed, so it's pretty plug and play, you'll no doubt already know about configuring your local media libraries etc.

The Vero 4K is a nice bit of kit. I've been using Chromsboxes with LibreElec for a long time and decided to try one of these for 4k content, and it works well once configured. Nb. If you only have 1080p content, you don't NEED a 4K media player, as the TV will upscale 1080p content just fine.
(2017-10-28, 18:47)t2ffn Wrote: Nb. If you only have 1080p content, you don't NEED a 4K media player, as the TV will upscale 1080p content just fine.
That is true, however virtually all 4K media players come with HEVC 10bit hardware video decoding. There is content out in the wild encoded as 10bit 1080p HEVC, some with bitrates that cause a lot of playback problems when you try and software decode. This is one of the reasons why users with RPi's and older hardware upgrade even if they still have a 1080p only TV.

(2017-10-28, 14:13)Skank Wrote: Hows 3d progress?

Getting there -- but next focus is on the Stretch migration. Once this is done
we can get back to other improvements again.

Hopefully I can get a test post out in a week or so.

Sam
Have someone tested gbit-ethernet-adapter with vero 4k?
(2017-10-30, 04:47)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Getting there -- but next focus is on the Stretch migration. Once this is done
Sam

For the uninitiated (me), could you explain what advantages does the "Stretch migration" helps you with ?
(2017-10-31, 13:27)r0mbus Wrote: Have someone tested gbit-ethernet-adapter with vero 4k?

They will work. Shouldn't be necessary for good playback performance, but they can be configured in My OSMC.

(2017-10-31, 15:03)JustAnotherUser Wrote:
(2017-10-30, 04:47)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Getting there -- but next focus is on the Stretch migration. Once this is done
Sam

For the uninitiated (me), could you explain what advantages does the "Stretch migration" helps you with ?

* Better performance (mainly due to GCC 4.9 -> GCC 6)
* A larger number of software packages to choose from
* More up to date software packages to choose from

Sam
Hi Sam,

What do you mean the gigabit adpator can be configured, just that the wired connection can be configured? I had a poke around in My OSMC, i'm using a USB gigabit adaptor but other than the wired network which is just IP etc. I didn't see any further config.

Is there an easy way to test the connection speed?

Thanks
I guess acestream is not available for vero 4K, right?
(2017-11-01, 22:39)t2ffn Wrote: Hi Sam,

What do you mean the gigabit adpator can be configured, just that the wired connection can be configured? I had a poke around in My OSMC, i'm using a USB gigabit adaptor but other than the wired network which is just IP etc. I didn't see any further config.

Is there an easy way to test the connection speed?

Thanks

Hello

If you plug it in -- it will work immediately.

My  OSMC allows you to configure DHCP or static.
The best way to evaluate connection speed is with iperf, if you
are able to do this.

Sam
(2017-11-01, 23:33)discovery Wrote: I guess acestream is not available for vero 4K, right?

I don't know anything about this unfortunately, but I believe some users are running this on their device.
If it works on Raspberry Pi it will work on Vero 4K

Sam
Anyone with a vero 4k and a 21:9 projection screen?
Im planning to upgrade my screen to a 21:9 versio. (1:39)
Does this work with vero and with kodi? In osmc?
(2017-11-04, 10:05)Skank Wrote: Anyone with a vero 4k and a 21:9 projection screen?
Im planning to upgrade my screen to a 21:9 versio. (1:39)
Does this work with vero and with kodi? In osmc?

Yes -- but you may need to use a different skin: http://kodi.wiki/view/Ultra_Widescreen_(...s_for_Kodi.
There's no hardware support for Vertical Shift at this time.

Sam
Sam, anyone mentioned that the Vero 4K is turning TVs on from standby? I'm not sure what's doing it, the TV, Vero 4K or the soundbar, but my Samsung UHD tv keeps turning itself on from standby. I've literally been sat infront of it when it's turned itself on. Not sure what's doing it... Only input to the TV is the Vero 4K via the Soundbar.

Thanks
Sounds like CEC is doing this and setting active source. You can configure it under Peripherals -> Input

Sam
what is the latest with 3D?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4