• 14(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
(2018-02-11, 16:56)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Glad to hear it now works for you.

Keep Adjust Refresh Rate enabled and make sure your audio is configured to match your system. Those are usually the only settings you really need to configure for a good out of the box experience

Sam

Good thx
Sam, is there any news on the Android based OS for the Vero 4k? I am especially interested in that as there then might b d possibility to finally get Amazon, frame rate switching and proper 1080i h264 deinterlacing for Live TV. At least that’s my hope. I know the Shield TV is there, but their Remote (touch volume control) is awful when I last tested it.
(2018-02-14, 10:23)Vlaves Wrote: Sam, is there any news on the Android based OS for the Vero 4k? I am especially interested in that as there then might b d possibility to finally get Amazon, frame rate switching and proper 1080i h264 deinterlacing for Live TV. At least that’s my hope. I know the Shield TV is there, but their Remote (touch volume control) is awful when I last tested it.
 Not wishing to hijack the thread, but if you are happy with an IR remote, you can use a FLIRC very effectively on the nVidia Shield TV (Second Gen 16GB model).  

(The first gen 16GB and all 500GB Pro models have built in IR receivers)
Yes -- a tricky part was getting SD card boots for Android to work properly; but it seems the work for Vero 2 can also be recycled here.
Amazon will be limited -- due to no Widevine DRM certification (Android is not our main purpose).

Good frame rate switching and deinterlacing are already available under OSMC.
Hi, I love this device - but I do have a query: I run a  speed test addon which dumps the result files somewhere in the kodi addon folder. Trouble is: I can't seem to access that folder either through file manager or windows. I can only see Movies, pictures, music folders etc on Windows. Its an SMB1 share. Is there any way I can access the addon folders themselves? Thanks
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
i need to acces my skin files on vero 4k
i know where to find my userdata but im looking for the folder "addons" instead, which contains my installed skin files, so i can overwrite it

how do i access this through vero 4k?

edit: nevermind found it
(2018-02-15, 13:30)smallclone Wrote: Hi, I love this device - but I do have a query: I run a  speed test addon which dumps the result files somewhere in the kodi addon folder. Trouble is: I can't seem to access that folder either through file manager or windows. I can only see Movies, pictures, music folders etc on Windows. Its an SMB1 share. Is there any way I can access the addon folders themselves? Thanks
 In windows, do you have enabled ”show hidden files, folder and drives” from ”folder options”? If not, thats the reason, you cant see the ”.kodi” folder.
(2018-02-15, 16:12)angelitto Wrote:
(2018-02-15, 13:30)smallclone Wrote: Hi, I love this device - but I do have a query: I run a  speed test addon which dumps the result files somewhere in the kodi addon folder. Trouble is: I can't seem to access that folder either through file manager or windows. I can only see Movies, pictures, music folders etc on Windows. Its an SMB1 share. Is there any way I can access the addon folders themselves? Thanks
 In windows, do you have enabled ”show hidden files, folder and drives” from ”folder options”? If not, thats the reason, you cant see the ”.kodi” folder. 
Thanks
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Im not sure if i set my vero 4k correctly up.
Picture colors look dull and less brightness in comparison with with my zidoo x9s
Refresh rate is 60 hz.. If i set it to 50 its better, but dont think that should be set like that.

Any ideas?
(2018-02-28, 14:12)Skank Wrote: Im not sure if i set my vero 4k correctly up.
Picture colors look dull and less brightness in comparison with with my zidoo x9s
Refresh rate is 60 hz.. If i set it to 50 its better, but dont think that should be set like that.

Any ideas?
I think you are better served at the OSMC Forum.
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
We're handling it here https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/colours-wash...ness/71137

Sam
Vero 4K Mini review finally done dusted, found in Post #1 (click)

Many thanks @wrxtasy for taking the time to review the Vero 4K and let me know how you find it. Feedback is always important and lets us fine tune things for future updates.

I wanted to address a couple of your points:
  1. The hard disk should spin down after 15 minutes of inactivity (no open files) automatically if your enclosure supports this. 
  2. Chroma and bit depth configuration will be available in the GUI in the future (likely next update), as this has been commonly requested
  3. As of January 2018, the OSMC remote now features Volume Up and Down buttons as standard. You can of course use Keymap Editor to change this behaviour for the older remotes. There were a surprisingly high number of users who did not like the change to volume buttons.
  4. The Vero 4K should not be giving you console information on boot-up. This is not standard. It will only do so under two conditions:
    1. a systemd unit is taking more than 30 seconds to settle
    2. a systemd unit has failed to start
There was a bug which caused the console to display in the January version of OSMC, but this only affected Rasperry Pi 0 / 1 as the Debian (Raspbian) base depended on Plymouth out of the box. A fresh install should confirm for you that console output is not to be expected on boot. We do not display the Kodi splash screen for speed purposes at this time. 

The green screen issue should also be fixed in the next update. The fix is rather simple but we need to double check we don't break HDR. 

Surprisingly, some users do use Aeon Madnox on Vero 4K, and have said that it isn't too bad.

Re. audio: we have made a lot of improvements in the last update and will do so in the next. A big limitation of AMLogic in the past was that you could only output 2.0 or 7.1 channels as LPCM on S905/905x/912. We are now able to output audio in its native container format with channel masking so that AVRs can perform post-processing when necessary (i.e. 5.1 upmixing to 7.1.). While most users use passthrough; there are some formats like 3.0 which will benefit greatly from this scheme. 

As always: thanks for the review and feedback. We'll keep supporting and improving this device with regular updates for a long time yet.

Sam
(2018-03-10, 17:58)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Re. audio: we have made a lot of improvements in the last update and will do so in the next. A big limitation of AMLogic in the past was that you could only output 2.0 or 7.1 channels as LPCM on S905/905x/912. We are now able to output audio in its native container format with channel masking so that AVRs can perform post-processing when necessary (i.e. 5.1 upmixing to 7.1.). While most users use passthrough; there are some formats like 3.0 which will benefit greatly from this scheme. 

This is particularly useful for Freeview HD 5.1 (*) AAC content in the UK, as well as other AAC multichannel, FLAC and PCM multichannel content, or for True HD/DTS HD MA output to PCM-only AVRs (some early HDMI AVRs only supported PCM and didn't support True HD/DTS HD MA)

(*) And other audio formats.  The BBC has certainly broadcast 4.0 in the past (Wimbledon was originally 4.0 not 5.1)
is 3D still coming? recent posts at osmc seem to indicate because the work would be undone by kodi18 that it is now dead. that is a shame if so.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4