• 25(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
(2019-06-11, 23:04)SilverBlade Wrote: Does the Vero4K support mounting multiple hard drives (with a USB hub/Multi-bay enclosure) ?

Yes -- just make sure you provide enough power.
Cheers

Sam
Does the Vero4K+ appear on the network, so I can transfer files to USB connected storage from my computer?
(2019-06-24, 21:02)SilverBlade Wrote: Does the Vero4K+ appear on the network, so I can transfer files to USB connected storage from my computer?

Yes — just go to My OSMC, App Store and install the Samba Server.
I readed so much pages and threads, but I couldn't find an answer of my question:
Everywhere is just the information about bitstreaming of Atmos and DTS:X with 5.1 or 7.1...

1.) Does this include that the Vero 4k(+) cann fully play Atmos and DTS:X with 7.1.4?

2.) What about Auro 3D? Can it bitstream Auro 3D with 11.1?
(2019-06-26, 10:50)Mullidulli Wrote: I readed so much pages and threads, but I couldn't find an answer of my question:
Everywhere is just the information about bitstreaming of Atmos and DTS:X with 5.1 or 7.1...

1.) Does this include that the Vero 4k(+) cann fully play Atmos and DTS:X with 7.1.4?

2.) What about Auro 3D? Can it bitstream Auro 3D with 11.1?

Both are supported. You need to enable pass through.
See https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/audio-setup-...tion/74203
Thank you, Sam.
So I think it's the best mediaplayer so far and with correct framerate switching?
(2019-06-26, 11:08)Mullidulli Wrote: Thank you, Sam.
So I think it's the best mediaplayer so far and with correct framerate switching?

Auto switching (colour space, refresh rate, HDR) is refined now, so it should meet your needs.
I got my Vero 4k+ after reading about its HDR, resolution switching and audio capabilities.
This is my take on the device...

It just works, been using Kodi on Windows and Ubuntu previously, the little Vero takes everything I've thrown at it and does it without effort.

The gigabit ethernet makes all playback silky smooth and it's easy to skip forward and backward. I've got all my media on a Windows PC. The WiFi isn't fast enough for the most demanding video with multiple audio and high bitrate h265 but for everything else it works, skipping forward/backward is alot slower on WiFi.

The GUI is fast, lightning fast I just had to lower the CEC remote input delay to the minimum value. It's too high by default making the Vero seem slow. (I use my TV remote)

It's easy to select resolution and refresh rate manually if I want to, but it does it nicely by itself.

It sends the correct audio and transcodes everything elses without any noticeable slowdown.

Resuming a movie is fast, alot faster than I expected.

Scanning is a little slower than on my Windows machine but it's not that much of a difference.
I've got Kodi setup with a mysql
database that's on a PC. It's probably slower if it has the database on the Vero.

It's easy to transfer files to and from the Vero since it's just to use the Kodi file manager. (Makes it alot easier to edit the advanced settings.xml file)

I don't use any livetv in Kodi so no idea about that but add-ons for media playback with encryption like Viaplay(from the official Kodi repo) works as fast om the Vero as on the windows pc.
Vero 4K+, Yamaha receiver, Samsung 4K HDR TV.
Thinkpad x260: i7-6500u cpu, HD520 grfx, 256GB nvme, 8GB ram, 1080p screen, Windows 10 x64 Pro Signature Edition with latest updates.
How is the lip-sync for you. Since the May update there have been a number of reports about Audio Offset not working properly (doesn't take effect in real-time while video is playing) and lip-sync issues (the lip-sync issue affects a number of operating systems and devices evidently, not just the Vero). I'm largely unable to use my Vero 4K at the moment until KODI fixes the root cause of the issue and need to rely on another device that, interestingly, isn't affected by these issues.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2019-07-01, 15:39)MidnightWatcher Wrote: How is the lip-sync for you. Since the May update there have been a number of reports about Audio Offset not working properly (doesn't take effect in real-time while video is playing) and lip-sync issues (the lip-sync issue affects a number of operating systems and devices evidently, not just the Vero). I'm largely unable to use my Vero 4K at the moment until KODI fixes the root cause of the issue and need to rely on another device that, interestingly, isn't affected by these issues.

Yes, I've noticed the problem, seems to be something wrong when the refreshrate isn't set to the same as the content, manually selecting the right refreshrate seems to always removes the problem.
Vero 4K+, Yamaha receiver, Samsung 4K HDR TV.
Thinkpad x260: i7-6500u cpu, HD520 grfx, 256GB nvme, 8GB ram, 1080p screen, Windows 10 x64 Pro Signature Edition with latest updates.
Silly question - is there a way to install Leia 18.0 (April update) on new devices, rather than 18.3 (i.e. can you choose which version you want to run)? There is an app called Cinema Vision which no longer works past 18.0 so wanting to stick to that for now if possible.

Also, how do custom skins like Aeon MQ8 run on the 4+? Is the CPU powerful enough for a snappy interface?
(2019-07-02, 03:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Silly question - is there a way to install Leia 18.0 (April update) on new devices, rather than 18.3 (i.e. can you choose which version you want to run)? There is an app called Cinema Vision which no longer works past 18.0 so wanting to stick to that for now if possible.

Also, can I install custom skins like Aeon MQ, etc.?
You can install skins. As far as I can recall, Vero jumped straight to 18.1. no 18.0.
(2019-07-02, 04:02)auren Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 03:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Silly question - is there a way to install Leia 18.0 (April update) on new devices, rather than 18.3 (i.e. can you choose which version you want to run)? There is an app called Cinema Vision which no longer works past 18.0 so wanting to stick to that for now if possible.

You can install skins. As far as I can recall, Vero jumped straight to 18.1. no 18.0. 

Thanks, that's good to know. Is the CPU powerful enough to handle even the heaviest skins with ease (i.e. snappy menu navigation)?
(2019-07-02, 04:05)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 04:02)auren Wrote:

Thanks, that's good to know. Is the CPU powerful enough to handle even the heaviest skins with ease (i.e. snappy menu navigation)?
Can you give me a skin to try? I don't know what you'd consider a heavy skin. I can post a YouTube video without edits so you'll see if it's snappy or not
(2019-07-02, 04:07)auren Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 04:05)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 04:02)auren Wrote: You can install skins. As far as I can recall, Vero jumped straight to 18.1. no 18.0. 

Can you give me a skin to try? I don't know what you'd consider a heavy skin. I can post a YouTube video without edits so you'll see if it's snappy or not 
That'd be amazing! I exclusively use Aeon MQ8 on Windows and would like to continue doing so on all other devices. So that would be my preference.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4