• 26(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
(2019-07-02, 03:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Silly question - is there a way to install Leia 18.0 (April update) on new devices, rather than 18.3 (i.e. can you choose which version you want to run)? There is an app called Cinema Vision which no longer works past 18.0 so wanting to stick to that for now if possible.
Unfortunately no. I even tried asking the OSMC developers to bundle CinemaVision with OSMC. Smile

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/bundle-cinem...h-vero-4k/
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Aeon MQ8. Got it! Want me to just randomly scroll through movie library? Or any kind of other test you want me to show? :-)
(2019-07-02, 05:12)auren Wrote: Aeon MQ8. Got it! Want me to just randomly scroll through movie library? Or any kind of other test you want me to show? :-)

Randomly scrolling through your list will be sufficient, thanks again!

(2019-07-02, 04:17)MidnightWatcher Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 03:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Silly question - is there a way to install Leia 18.0 (April update) on new devices, rather than 18.3 (i.e. can you choose which version you want to run)? There is an app called Cinema Vision which no longer works past 18.0 so wanting to stick to that for now if possible.
Unfortunately no. I even tried asking the OSMC developers to bundle CinemaVision with OSMC. Smile

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/bundle-cinem...h-vero-4k/

Bummer! Sounds like things got a bit heated there Wink
I've been using the MQ8 skin for a few months, switched from Rapier due to an odd delay issue when going into Movies or TV Shows, but with MQ8, very fast, quite like it, no issues so far and it looks amazing.
Would the new Vero 4k+ be able to send Dolby TrueHD with Atmos to my LG SK9Y soundbar with rear speakers? Right now, I'm using the Amazon Fire TV stick 4k which can't send lossless audio to the soundbar, so I can only get lossy Atmos through DD+.

The soundbar supports TrueHD but not DTS-HD MA. So what happens if I play a file with DTS-HD MA? Would the Vero 4k+ decode it and send it as PCM? And how about DTS X? I wouldn't be able to get the object based surround if it's through PCM, correct?
Vero can send TrueHD with Atmos.

If your soundbar doesn't support DTS-HD MA, Vero will send DTS core audio (if it's in the stream, which it usually is, otherwise PCM).

Not sure about DTS-X, except, yes, you won't get 3-D audio with PCM.
(2019-07-14, 11:48)graham-h Wrote: Vero can send TrueHD with Atmos.

If your soundbar doesn't support DTS-HD MA, Vero will send DTS core audio (if it's in the stream, which it usually is, otherwise PCM).

Not sure about DTS-X, except, yes, you won't get 3-D audio with PCM.

Oh that's great. I've been wanting to get Atmos with TrueHD. So the soundbar's up firing speakers will be activated, right? Do I have to tweak the settings or is it pretty much plug and play? Good to hear about the DTS core audio, which is the normal DTS 5.1?

How's the picture quality of the Vero 4k+? The Fire TV stick is really good, but I've heard the Shield picture quality is really bad, so I was wondering how the Vero fares.
You just have to tell Vero TrueHD is supported by your soundbar.

DTS core is DTS 5.1 (lossy).
PQ is fine by me.  I don't have a Shield or Firestick.

For audio options, have a look here https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/audio-setup-...tion/74203
Yes that's the site I came across as well. So basically it's Kodi and I have to tweak the settings there. And then it's all good. Sounds like an idea.
(2019-07-14, 11:15)blizzardreign Wrote: The soundbar supports TrueHD but not DTS-HD MA. So what happens if I play a file with DTS-HD MA? Would the Vero 4k+ decode it and send it as PCM? And how about DTS X? I wouldn't be able to get the object based surround if it's through PCM, correct?

In Kodi advance audio settings under passthrough, you can disable the option that says "DTS-HD capable receiver" then Vero would decode and send as PCM.

DTS:X is also included under its DTS-HD option.

Hope it helps
Thank you very much, auren and graham-h as well. It surely does help, and I'm also familiar with the Kodi settings as that's what I'm using now for the Firestick to get TrueHD to send as PCM to my soundbar, so it's good to know those are available.

Now I just need to make sure that my soundbar can do TrueHD. On the LG website, it seems like it does but in the manual it doesn't show the format, so I'm a bit confused.
(2019-07-01, 17:56)tommyhome Wrote:
(2019-07-01, 15:39)MidnightWatcher Wrote: How is the lip-sync for you. Since the May update there have been a number of reports about Audio Offset not working properly (doesn't take effect in real-time while video is playing) and lip-sync issues (the lip-sync issue affects a number of operating systems and devices evidently, not just the Vero). I'm largely unable to use my Vero 4K at the moment until KODI fixes the root cause of the issue and need to rely on another device that, interestingly, isn't affected by these issues.

Yes, I've noticed the problem, seems to be something wrong when the refreshrate isn't set to the same as the content, manually selecting the right refreshrate seems to always removes the problem. 

This will be fixed in the next stable update (a fix has already been pushed to the staging repository).
I'd like to add to the sentiments of others in this thread:
The Vero4K+ is a very good device with great support (applause to @Sam.Nazarko and his team). Since purchasing the device last year the OSMC software has been running very stable, even through various updates. I can happily recommend it to anyone who is looking for a media player matching the Vero4K+ feature set.
I've been encountering buffering issues with 4K movies, the drive is mapped using fstab. 

Is there an easy way to go back to Leia 18.1 without having to do backups?
(2019-07-19, 03:49)Edworld Wrote: I've been encountering buffering issues with 4K movies, the drive is mapped using fstab. 

Is there an easy way to go back to Leia 18.1 without having to do backups?

Hi -- we didn't release Leia v18.1 for OSMC to my recollection.
I'd suggest starting a support request on the OSMC forum so we can work out what's going on and resolve this for you promptly. 

Sam
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4