Going back to Kodi's menu with the gamepad while playing a game?
I've opened PR12180 which brings up the OSD when start/guide/back is held for 1 second. It's kind of nice being able to exit a game Smile There's more info in the PR description. I'll upload some test builds when I get a chance.
Awesome! Smile
I'll be following that PR.

About testing, I've been holding off from updating LibreELEC nightly for a while because I heard there were some changes with the binary addons and all the cores would have to be recompiled. Do you know what's the status on that?

EDIT: Nope, I just tested it and the libretro addons are incompatible with latest nightly. Is there any repo with updated addons?
(2017-05-28, 07:18)garbear Wrote: I've opened PR12180 which brings up the OSD when start/guide/back is held for 1 second. It's kind of nice being able to exit a game Smile There's more info in the PR description. I'll upload some test builds when I get a chance.

Unfortunately, there are no cookie emoji in the forum, so instead I award this the greatest prize possible to me.

Nathan
(2017-05-28, 10:12)Ferk Wrote: About testing, I've been holding off from updating LibreELEC nightly for a while because I heard there were some changes with the binary addons and all the cores would have to be recompiled. Do you know what's the status on that?

Things are still in flux. Follow the PRs coming from Alwin: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls?q=is%...s%3Aclosed . He's slowly injecting his new system in small parts. I believe there's still a relatively long way to go.

(2017-05-28, 22:23)natethomas Wrote: Unfortunately, there are no cookie emoji in the forum, so instead I award this the greatest prize possible to me.

Nathan

nate emoji? lmfao
I'd like to point out the discussion we're having about this in the test builds thread, starting here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2594028
@garbear Is there any way to remap the reset emulator or exit emulator buttons on the gamepad? Had a look on the wiki and couldn't see anything so I guess not.
Sorry to revive an old thread but I couldn't find anything relevant for my query.
(2017-03-14, 14:07)Julipo Wrote: Typical solution is have a hot-key that enables second function for all keys. Usually this key is bind to "select in some systems (retropie), but is configurable.

So when you press "select + start" you do second action for start (normally open menu, or exit emulator in retropie).

Actually the current "Select + start" to quit the Retroplayer is problematic, as it interferes with certain button combos ingame (like exit a level back to the world map and similar things).
Could you point me to the script where I can change this combination?

@garbear Do you know of a way to stop the z-fighting when calling the OSD-Menu? Currently, when I open the OSD-menu, it flickers and seems to fight for who should be drawn first. Gives me a serious headache. I tried setting a zorder on 10, 100 and 1000 but nothing helped. It appears to be a fight between the OSD menu and the Pause-Button image. Any suggestion what else I could try?
And another question I was wondering about is, if there is already a concept in the works for changing CD (mostly PS1 games) within the OSD menu. My favorite games are sadly off the table without it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Going back to Kodi's menu with the gamepad while playing a game?0