Win Extra fanart not cycling
(2019-03-31, 07:16)tehowell Wrote: I tried the typical method of using the File Manager to add a source for the RMRector repo at; 
haha, that gives away users that install banned add-ons.

No that is not the way to install add-ons. That is the way piracy add-ons are installed.

1. You could go to the location I showed in the image above and click on it to install it, or
2. Add rmrectors repo via zip file, then select the add-on through his repo via Install from Repository
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-31, 07:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-03-31, 07:16)tehowell Wrote: I tried the typical method of using the File Manager to add a source for the RMRector repo at; 
haha, that gives away users that install banned add-ons.

No that is not the way to install add-ons. That is the way piracy add-ons are installed.

1. You could go to the location I showed in the image above and click on it to install it, or
2. Add rmrectors repo via zip file, then select the add-on through his repo via Install from Repository

1. I have no add-ons except from the official kodi repo.
2. I believe I attempted what you recommend. First, I attempted to install the Artwork Beef add-on by selecting the Click to Install link in the skin's help menu, but I get this error message;

SCRIPT.ARTWORK.BEEF IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE KODI REPOSITORY. THE RMRECTOR REPO IS NEEDED TO USE THE CLICK TO INSTALL FEATURE.

Then, as I said, I tried to install from the repo. It's still not working. I suspect the content of the repo at that url, but I'm not a programmer, and don't know what to look for.
Of course, silly me. If you don't have the repo, then you cannot install from skins settings menu.

Go to this post... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
Scroll down to Installing and click dev repository so it downloads the zip file
Save to your computer and then Install via Zip from the add-ons menu

Then browse the rmrector repository and install it from there
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-31, 08:03)Karellen Wrote: Of course, silly me. If you don't have the repo, then you cannot install from skins settings menu.

Go to this post... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
Scroll down to Installing and click dev repository so it downloads the zip file
Save to your computer and then Install via Zip from the add-ons menu

Then browse the rmrector repository and install it from there

Thanks, I will try that.
This is what I was trying to follow...

https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwork.beef/usage/

What is different? Can you tell why that doesn't work?
As far as I can tell that is the same url that l've been attempting to use.

https://github.com/rmrector/repository.r...latest.zip

Something is not right. I will try again tomorrow.
How to install addons (wiki)
My Signature
Karellen, thank you for your help and your patience. I was finally able to install the rmrector repo and then the Artwork Beef add-on. My problem was a misunderstanding of how to install a repo from a zip file (Kodi newbie). I finally understand you need to manually download the zip file to Shield storage or the host file system (an SMB share in my case) before you can "Install from zip file". Once I did that, the install went as described. I was trying to add the url to the zip file as a source in File Manager, thinking that would allow me to install the repo. That methid wasn't working.

I have since found a YouTube video that discusses Artwork Beef configuration options, so I'm moving on. Thank you again.
I know this is an old thread but my problem is very much related. My extrafanart is not cycling in Aeon Nox: Silvo, Aeon Tajo and of course Estuary. My situation is just a little different.
  • First am preparing my Media Centre for upgrade to v.19 Matrix. I have therefore installed Matrix Beta 2 in a second pc to try things out, see what works and what breaks.
  • Second, the fanart cycles just fine in v.18.9 Leia. I have artwork beef installed in Leia and it stores the extra fanarts in the extrafanart folder. The artwork is organized this way; 
\\moviefolder\extrafanart\fanart1,fanart2,fanart3...
example
\\Ant-man (2015)\extrafanart\fanart1,fanart2,fanart3\fanart4,fanart5,fanart6
  • Now the problem: Matrix doesn't support artwork beef but it supports extrafanart without help, even without advancedsettings.xml. The only caveat is that it does not support fanarts stored in the extrafanart folder, atleast not for me. I have set the artwork to Maximum and KODI loads all local artwork in the movie folder including extra posters and characterarts (thumbs up  to the devs by the way) but ignores whatever is in the extrafanart folder.
  • Solution am looking for: I need to find a way to load extrafanart without help from artwork beef, I can achieve this in 2 ways;
  1. Find another script (addon) that is supported by Matrix to load fanart from the extrafanart folder or,
  2. Move all my artworks from the extrafanart folder to the moviefolder. So that the extrafanart sits in the same folder as the movie and the rest of the artwork.
Something like this;
\\Ant-man (2015)\fanart1,fanart2,fanart3\fanart4,fanart5,fanart6
  • The Challenge: So far I cant find an addon to read the folder and it is likely this kind of feature will not be added to Matrix as the developers are now focused on fixing bugs and not adding new features. I could use Media managers but they also seem to have moved into using extrafanart folder. I am using tinyMediaManager which now creates this folder by default and I can't find a setting to turn it off. I am not ready to re-scan and download all my fanart to the movie folder. I will do it as last resort. KODI 19 scrappers are not downloading artworks to the movie folder and Media managers may be the only solution for future movies.
  • I need your help: Anybody using Matrix now and was using the extranfanart folder in Leia, how have you managed to make the fanarts work in Matrix or how will you do it once you upgrade (RC1 could be out this month, The Matrix is soon becoming a reality Smile )?
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2020-12-08, 14:42)TimeZone Wrote: Move all my artworks from the extrafanart folder to the moviefolder. So that the extrafanart sits in the same folder as the movie and the rest of the artwork.
This is the only method that will work for you.

I find it strange that TMM is still supporting the extrafanart folder as I remember having this conversation with the developers who stated they will drop support for it. You should raise it in their forum.

Also, this might come in handy for your testing... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
My Signature
(2020-12-08, 20:41)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 14:42)TimeZone Wrote: Move all my artworks from the extrafanart folder to the moviefolder. So that the extrafanart sits in the same folder as the movie and the rest of the artwork.
This is the only method that will work for you.

I find it strange that TMM is still supporting the extrafanart folder as I remember having this conversation with the developers who stated they will drop support for it. You should raise it in their forum.

Also, this might come in handy for your testing... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder

Latest daily V4 builds have support for both fanart options.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2020-12-08, 21:10)bobrap Wrote: Latest daily V4 builds have support for both fanart options.
Thanks
v4 of TMM? I don't use any media manager so I am not up to date with all their options, but it is strange they are still supporting the extrafanart folder when Kodi no longer supports it. It opens up users to issues like the one already reported.
My Signature
(2020-12-08, 21:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 21:10)bobrap Wrote: Latest daily V4 builds have support for both fanart options.
Thanks
v4 of TMM? I don't use any media manager so I am not up to date with all their options, but it is strange they are still supporting the extrafanart folder when Kodi no longer supports it. It opens up users to issues like the one already reported.
Yes, TMM.  I believe it's about the only one that supports the new fanart option.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2020-12-08, 20:41)Karellen Wrote: I find it strange that TMM is still supporting the extrafanart folder as I remember having this conversation with the developers who stated they will drop support for it. You should raise it in their forum.
SOLVED: this might help someone having the same issue
Thank you @Karellen, when you said you had a conversation with them, I updated to TMM v4 and indeed I can confirm that the option is available as explained by @bobrap. But, v4 did not help my situation. Even after changing the settings it will not rename or move fanarts already saved in the extrafanart folder, it only works for the new artworks it downloads. That is ok for future movies.
For existing movies, I had to download a much older TMM version, long before the extrafanart folder saga began. I dowloaded version 2.8.2 which can be found here in filehorse.com. This version removed the extrafanart folder altogether and moved the fanarts to the movie folder. Problem Solved. A lot has changed since this version including API updates and I wouldn't recommend using it for scrapping, only for renaming existing movies with local NFO files. I will see about requesting the TMM devs to enable v4 to rename existing extrafanart folder.

@Karellen thank you for the insight on the MSIF.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra fanart not cycling0