TV Show Scanning Error "***Don't Add TV Shows With Out Official Premiere Date***
I'm guessing the TVDB scanner got auto updated yesterday or something for Kodi v16?

Because today when scanning my library expecting new TV Shows to be added, I get a bunch of error messages flashing in the progress indicator that say:

"***Don't Add TV Shows With Out Official Premiere Date***"

It seems to be stumbling on Special Episodes (named like TVShow.S00E01.mkv)

When it finds the first one of these, it creates a new TV Show named ***Don't Add TV Shows With Out Official Premiere Date*** and adds that episode to the new show entry, but then seems to stop scanning whatever drive that file was found on because it creates the one entry only and them doesn't find any other new shows or episodes on that drive, although scanning continues on and it seems to find new episodes that are located on other drives in my library, as long as it doesn't stumble on any more of these specials.

Thing is, these special episodes have been in my library for ever (many many years), and in the past, if the scanner didn't find the episode @TVDB.com, or didn't find the air-date, presumably it just ignored them and never caused these errors or interruption of scanning like it started today.

I've spent several hours today manually searching through my library for these episodes and going to TVDB.com and checking if the info is there or not, and sure enough a lot of them have no air-date populated, so I've been fixing those as I go at TVDB; also though, a lot of these Specials have been tinkered with over at TVDB by others and numbering etc have changed since I first added them many years ago; and also, many of them are locked so no editing can be done to enter the missing dates.

This is a very time consuming process to manually go and try and fix them all, there are hundreds of these special episodes scattered over a couple of dozen drives, and to be honest, I don't even really care if they are properly populated with air dates, I would just like it if the errors were ignored like they were in the past, and scanning continued without ignoring valid episodes for other TV shows on the same drive.

Can the scanner be reverted to how it was a few days ago to ignore the missing info and errors?

Many thanks
TRJB
I am wondering if this is a change with the scraper or with thetvdb itself? I can't find anything in a quick look at their forum though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't know what the source of it is, but I only noticed it starting yesterday for me, and before that I think I scanned the library earlier in the week, probably Monday or Tuesday, so the change could have occurred between then, I can't pinpoint the exact date.

I also searched Google for the exact error message "Don't Add TV Shows With Out Official Premiere Date" wondering if anyone else has posted about it anywhere, and before my post here there was no hit. Today there are 3 hits on those words, all to this thread or mirrors of it elsewhere.

TRJB
Same problem here. The four episodes of "The Stand" (1994) mini series are numbered 1x1.1, 1x1.2, 1x2.1, 1x2.2 on the TVDB. Kind of odd episode numbers, but I've tried different title methods, nothing works correctly. I'm not sure if anything was changed or removed from my existing library. Hope not.
I'm also having this issue. I haven't changed anything. Anyone got a fix?
(2017-03-22, 01:11)phase700b Wrote: Same problem here. The four episodes of "The Stand" (1994) mini series are numbered 1x1.1, 1x1.2, 1x2.1, 1x2.2 on the TVDB. Kind of odd episode numbers, but I've tried different title methods, nothing works correctly. I'm not sure if anything was changed or removed from my existing library. Hope not.
Only if you use DVD numbering.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
First I tried 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4. With zeros, without. Then S01E01.... Several combinations with .0, .1 and .2's. One thing I noticed was it took unusually long to scrape each attempt I made. Some tries it didn't find any episodes, sometimes it found 2. The only time it found all 4 episodes, 1 and 2 were reversed. I ran out of ideas. The "Tommyknockers" is a 2 episode miniseries. It went perfect and fast as usual.
how EXACTLY are your episodes named, with path from the "source" directory.
/Volumes/Video 1/TV Shows/The Stand/1x1.mkv That 1x1.mkv and the other episodes in The Stand folder have had many different and more complete names I've tried. That's just the last bare bones one I tried. When I set the library up 6 or 7 years ago I chose to scape TV shows in DVD order. I've never really had a problem till today.
I've ripped my old "Space 1999" DVD's and will try those tomorrow. I don't expect a problem with those. There isn't any .1 or .2 episodes. I've done many other series with those 2 part episodes in the past. Seems like something has changed. Maybe at the TVDB.
(2017-03-22, 05:18)phase700b Wrote: /Volumes/Video 1/TV Shows/The Stand/1x1.mkv That 1x1.mkv and the other episodes in The Stand folder have had many different and more complete names I've tried. That's just the last bare bones one I tried. When I set the library up 6 or 7 years ago I chose to scape TV shows in DVD order. I've never really had a problem till today.
I've ripped my old "Space 1999" DVD's and will try those tomorrow. I don't expect a problem with those. There isn't any .1 or .2 episodes. I've done many other series with those 2 part episodes in the past. Seems like something has changed. Maybe at the TVDB.

I just tested your show on my system. No problems whatsoever. It scraped first time with 1 season and 4 episodes. I use DVD Order.

I named it as follows
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E01.1.mkv
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E01.2.mkv
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E02.1.mkv
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E02.2.mkv

Just a heads up with Space1999 Season 1... My copy scraped ok, but all the episodes were mixed and didn't match the metadata. My DVD's have a different listing to the one on TVDB site.

----Edit----

Also, I am not experiencing any of the problems mentioned in Post 1. Does Kodi even have that Message in its coding anywhere? Could be an Add-On problem
(2017-03-22, 06:30)blossom24 Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 05:18)phase700b Wrote: /Volumes/Video 1/TV Shows/The Stand/1x1.mkv That 1x1.mkv and the other episodes in The Stand folder have had many different and more complete names I've tried. That's just the last bare bones one I tried. When I set the library up 6 or 7 years ago I chose to scape TV shows in DVD order. I've never really had a problem till today.

I just tested your show on my system. No problems whatsoever. It scraped first time with 1 season and 4 episodes. I use DVD Order.

I named it as follows
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E01.1.mkv
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E01.2.mkv
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E02.1.mkv
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Stand\Stand S1E02.2.mkv

Just a heads up with Space1999 Season 1... My copy scraped ok, but all the episodes were mixed and didn't match the metadata. My DVD's have a different listing to the one on TVDB site.

----Edit----

Also, I am not experiencing any of the problems mentioned in Post 1. Does Kodi even have that Message in its coding anywhere? Could be an Add-On problem
Hey thanks, I'll give those titles a shot. Don't remember if I tried that same title structure.

Yeah I know those Space 1999 episodes are a little off.

That message from the first post shows up the first time I try to scrape The Stand. When I change the titles and refresh the episodes it doesn't show up. If I remove it from the library completely and re-ad it, the message shows up again.

Anyway I'll add those titles identically to yours, hopefully it goes right through.
Space 1999 - loved that show when it first screened!
Yes, I have memories of being very young and mum placing my younger sister and I in front of the TV to watch it. A few years ago, I saw the box set and, in a momentary nostalgic lapse, I purchased it. These days it takes a couple of sittings to watch one episode.
I'm having the same issue since last weekend. It started by mixing the caps from one tv show to another. Flash caps were appearing as Legion caps for example. I did delete the DB and after trying to create the library again I got the same scanning error message.

Now It doesn't add the chapters I already had before. I'm really surprised here, everything was working well until last Sunday when the library started playing up for TV Shows only.

No clue about how to solve this.
Hi colomboaussie,

Can you explain what you mean by "mixing the caps" and "Legion caps"? I haven't come across these phrases before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Scanning Error "***Don't Add TV Shows With Out Official Premiere Date***0