How to set horizontal menu bar at start up via .xml
im using Transparency for to update my build to k17. and for my build to look and work as i want it, i dont want the vertical menu to auto load

i know you can set the horizontal menu from within the settings and i know how to remove that setting from the setting page via .xml editing.

but what i dont want, is for someone to install my build and for it to automatically load into the vertical menu, when i've already disabled the horizontal button in the settings page.

in a previous version of my build on k16, i used this code in the Startup.xml file to achieve this.
Code:
<onload>Skin.SetBool(horzHomeMenu)</onload>

and as a test, i also tried this
Code:
<onload>Skin.SetBool(HorizontalMenu)</onload>

but they do not work. can anyone help me out on this?

thanks
Quote:i dont want, is for someone to install my build
Perhaps a little misunderstanding, or language issue, but from what i've read in your post, I get the impression you are flogging a 'build' or some sort of custom hacked install to others. I seriously doubt any co-operation from this thread, you might investigate creating your own skin, and perhaps investigating Skinning (wiki), Skinning Manual (wiki), Skinning tutorials (wiki) and asking in http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12

We're not much for "Builds" here.
(2017-04-09, 18:06)PatK Wrote:
Quote:i dont want, is for someone to install my build
Perhaps a little misunderstanding, or language issue, but from what i've read in your post, I get the impression you are flogging a 'build' or some sort of custom hacked install to others. I seriously doubt any co-operation from this thread, you might investigate creating your own skin, and perhaps investigating Skinning (wiki), Skinning Manual (wiki), Skinning tutorials (wiki) and asking in http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12

We're not much for "Builds" here.

sorry...but a big misunderstanding....nope...im definitely not selling my build. kodi is free and so should all the addons and skins/builds be too. i highly discourage people from paying for anything kodi related. unless it's the merchandise from the official kodi foundation. to which i have purchased several items. view my pinned post on twitter (same handle) on my current take on the kodi community. and you'll see, that i am not one of the scammers.

im just trying to update my build from k16 to k17. but Cirrus Extended (which my "Supercars" build was based on), is unfortunately not getting updated to k17.

i have already done a google search, forum search and previously read the links that you provided, before posting my question on here, to try and figure this out. but to no avail.

im not talented enough to make my own skin. so i'll leave that to the experts.

i know most, if not all of the forums on here, dont like builds. but any help, will be most appreciated.
you cant ask the man how to hack his skin its a masterpiece and i am disgusted theirs one born every minute

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set horizontal menu bar at start up via .xml0