Kodi 17.1 on ATV4 - is there a way to install/edit advancedsettings.xml
Is there a recommended way (or thread describing) detailing how to install or edit advancedsettings.xml? I've installed the latest Kodi test build using my developer account from my Mac - works quite well (thanks!) but have been unable so far to copy over advancedsettings.xml. The add-on "Easy Advanced Settings" is unable to write the xml file for me. I next tried using the file manager to mount a directory from my Mac - using smb://xxxx I get broken pipe errors when trying to mount. The core testing thread first post says that advancedsettings.xml is only available from the File Manager under the confluence skin. I'd be grateful if someone could point me at the right approach.
Has anyone managed to do this?
I have played shortly with this and I have managed to do a few things in Kodi 19 ALPHA.
I took a quick look at the code and so far I was not able to find a proper way to do this.

You can easily inject advancedsettings.xml by adding it to .app after it is build build on path:
Kodi.app/AppData/AppHome/system
This is a quick way to do it since Kodi fallbacks to it.

My goal is to be able to add also mediasources.xml and sources.xml, and so far it doesn't look like it is possible without at least some coding, which in the end I'll have to do if nobody else knows some workaround.
Copy from a share (SMB/NFS/whatever) you have added via file manager. Just have to restart Kodi for the changes to take effect.
Since I don't have paid cert, I will have to rebuild often so I would like to automate process.
I was not lazy and went through the code, it was fairly straight forward.
I've just added a step to copy from project userdata to build userdata and in Application.cpp a few lines to copy xml that I need.

It's not a proper solution, but works for me.

Thanks for stepping in, though. Smile
backup the container via Xcode once setup and restore is another option for anyone else stumbling across this
(2019-09-21, 04:17)Fuzzard Wrote: backup the container via Xcode once setup and restore is another option for anyone else stumbling across this

I just backed up my container, and ... zilch.  I have an AppleTV 4k, it is jailbroken, but installed via Xcode with my dev account.  I'd like to be able to edit the sources.xml file directly, but a search of the container gives me... nothing.  My sources for my Aeon Nox plugin are there (user data->playlists->video->*.xsp) but those are only the playlist filters the plugin is using.  Very confusing.
Yeah, anything xml is saved into NSUserDefaults. This is the only storage we have (500kb), and we stash all xml files into there for some ability to recover from the os data wipe that happens from time to time.

I'll look into an export of the data as a settings option.
(2020-06-25, 08:22)Fuzzard Wrote: Yeah, anything xml is saved into NSUserDefaults. This is the only storage we have (500kb), and we stash all xml files into there for some ability to recover from the os data wipe that happens from time to time.

I'll look into an export of the data as a settings option.
I re-figured out how to get at the data, finally.  You absolutely DO have to go to the file manager -> profile and copy from there to a file share.  And low-and-behold I do have mysql settings in advancedsettings.xml (I'm moving servers and wasn't sure if I needed a mysql server, guess I do :-))
(2019-09-21, 02:07)Vaxter Wrote: Has anyone managed to do this?
I have played shortly with this and I have managed to do a few things in Kodi 19 ALPHA.
I took a quick look at the code and so far I was not able to find a proper way to do this.

You can easily inject advancedsettings.xml by adding it to .app after it is build build on path:
Kodi.app/AppData/AppHome/system
This is a quick way to do it since Kodi fallbacks to it.

My goal is to be able to add also mediasources.xml and sources.xml, and so far it doesn't look like it is possible without at least some coding, which in the end I'll have to do if nobody else knows some workaround.
Anyone figure this out? Have the same use case, and would like to 'embed' the mediasources.xml and sources.xml too. Wondering if this has changed in the past two releases?
(2019-09-21, 03:22)Vaxter Wrote: Since I don't have paid cert, I will have to rebuild often so I would like to automate process.
I was not lazy and went through the code, it was fairly straight forward.
I've just added a step to copy from project userdata to build userdata and in Application.cpp a few lines to copy xml that I need.

It's not a proper solution, but works for me.

Thanks for stepping in, though. Smile
Could you give some details on the exact steps you did here? You can sort of get away without the sources.xml if the mariadb db has all the paths to files and sources already in it, but it would still be nice to be able to view the sources in the sources list. More importantly tho, I am just about to go through my 8 apple TVs with another Kodi update, and would be great to be able to embed all the xml files so that manual configuration of the interface preferences and such is not required on each.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 on ATV4 - is there a way to install/edit advancedsettings.xml0