Kodi 17.1 OpenSuse Install Support
Hey guys, is there anyway someone can update the Pacman Repositories with Kodi 17.1 for Linux OpenSuse??

I've tried the update and install commands using the terminal method but OpenSuse doesn't use or isn't configured to use the "apt get" method.

I was hoping I don't have to compile Kodi from source files if at all possible.

The Pacman community Repositories currently contains Kodi version 16.1 which I currently have installed on my OpenSuse 13.2 (Harlequin) X86 64-bit with a PCie Nvidia graphics card and a AMD CPU.

Thanks!Tongue
OpenSuse uses zypper I believe.

I'm assuming you are trying to get something from an ubuntu/debian repo?

You could get the apt tools, but chances are you'd run into dependancy issues.

You are using an old version of OpenSuse. I don't think anybody is going to waste time to make an updated version of Kodi for an outdated distro version.

You'd be farther ahead to install OpenSuse Tumbleweed/Leap

Cheers,

Gary
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)
I'm gonna​ see if I can use zypper I guess.......Apt isn't a option for OpenSuse........

I honestly don't get the lack of support.....Linux is all about NOT having to go out and buy new hardware when the hardware you have is NOT outdated and perfectly usable....

Linux is also about NOT having to chase after new software either........Are you guys actually trying to be like MicroSUCKS WindowsHuh

I've been running Kodi since its inception.........And long before that time as XMBC

I've also waited well over a year through all the ridiculous version name debates, the "betas" and seemingly endless release candidates for a stable version only to find nobody will even offer support or update the already existing respositories...............

GREAT!!

I'm so glad you guys got versions working for literally every POS Android device in existence, and even for PI Raspberry and every other Chipset out there, but supporting Linux distributions that are not the latest and greatest is to much to ask.......

Why don't you just go ahead and change the name to Google.tv or is that already takenHuh

Time to uninstall and look for decent media software.
Change your attitude, if you want to run the latest version you need the latest backbone (OS) why would you design something to use all the new features of the OS's and the old ones when you could run an older version specifically designed for your version of the OS.

I think you should take a step back and think about what you've just said and im sure kodi will miss you but good luck on your hunt for software that does not exist; just run an older version if you dont have the hardware/OS to take advantage of the new features whats the point in running it anyway?

The idea of linux is its free and adaptable just like kodi but that dosent mean it wont overtake your hardware eventually.

If its not broken dont fix it?
(2017-04-23, 16:09)Bullet21 Wrote: I'm gonna​ see if I can use zypper I guess.......Apt isn't a option for OpenSuse........

I honestly don't get the lack of support.....Linux is all about NOT having to go out and buy new hardware when the hardware you have is NOT outdated and perfectly usable....

Linux is also about NOT having to chase after new software either........Are you guys actually trying to be like MicroSUCKS WindowsHuh

I've been running Kodi since its inception.........And long before that time as XMBC

I've also waited well over a year through all the ridiculous version name debates, the "betas" and seemingly endless release candidates for a stable version only to find nobody will even offer support or update the already existing respositories...............

GREAT!!

I'm so glad you guys got versions working for literally every POS Android device in existence, and even for PI Raspberry and every other Chipset out there, but supporting Linux distributions that are not the latest and greatest is to much to ask.......

Why don't you just go ahead and change the name to Google.tv or is that already takenHuh

Time to uninstall and look for decent media software.

Yeah - you will build a great mediacenter, you are a great at building I assume ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 OpenSuse Install Support0