Win Replacement TV.
As a very embryonic newbie I'm looking for a Smart 32" TV that will enable me to use the internet. Any particular recommendations, folks?
Thanks. [/align]
Is your question regarding Kodi?
Thread moved to off-topic
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-05-01, 12:25)JGL81 Wrote: As a very embryonic newbie I'm looking for a Smart 32" TV that will enable me to use the internet. Any particular recommendations, folks? Thanks. [/align]

If you looking for one that is capable to run Kodi nativly then it needs to have Android TV as its "Smart TV" operating-system.

https://www.android.com/tv/

And if you want one that is a little futureproof try to find one that runs Android 6.0 or later and is manufactured is 2016 or 2017.

Kodi v17 (Krypton) will run on Android 5.0 but there is no garantees that future versions of Kodi won't require a newer version.

If you get a TV that already runs at least Android 6.0 and is manufactured recently then changes is it will get updates longer.

First choice today looks to be Sony BRAVIA series televisions, and second choice is currently Sharp AQUOS series television.
My opinion, don't bother buying a TV for android, ie Sony, it would be cheaper in the future to update a Kodi device rather than a tv

most tv's have internet nowdays, wifi comes on a lot of models, but would it play HD without stuttering? I have a Samsung, they have good support to play media direct from a hard drive.

It really depends on your budget. If you are in the uk, John Lewis or Richer sounds have 5/6 year guarantee.

Do you want hdr 4k curved?

For "cheap" tv's hisense seem popular.
You should go for the Samsung series 5 as it is a smart TV and on a good budget as well and when you go for Samsung then you don't need to think about the quality.
@Riley33

If you are here to voice your opinion in outdated forum threads, then you are doing things wrong.
Basically, what is the point of personal fiction stories about 7-9 year old television sets?
I have higher demand. I would like to buy 40" smart TV. Because of big screen I prefer this one.
(2023-03-15, 19:13)jjns Wrote: Very informative, thanks.

One more post-count grabbing nonsense text, and we will start moderating you intensely.
You Should try Samsung Smart TV. series 7. It is 1 time investment and you should be taking latest model.
Enough of the Samsung adoration. The next dumbass ( looking at you, @Sam080 ) trying to fill this forum with such nonsense will be kicked out the forum immediately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement TV.0