• 16(current)
Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
(2020-09-09, 21:45)harlekin Wrote: Read this page. Dont treat forums as personal support service entities.

Is this directed at me?
Ugh, looks like this solution won't work anymore unless you want to pay IFTTT $10/month. Such a bummer cuz I've been using omertu's solution flawlessly for years.

https://ifttt.com/explore/introducing_ifttt_pro
(2020-09-10, 19:54)Yousty Wrote: Ugh, looks like this solution won't work anymore unless you want to pay IFTTT $10/month. Such a bummer cuz I've been using omertu's solution flawlessly for years.

https://ifttt.com/explore/introducing_ifttt_pro

Strangely that makes me feel better. I've just started setting this all up and set up my first hook only to find that the limit is 3. I know there are other alternative providers out there but until I have a chance to really understand the languages involved I won't be able to make heads or tails of it all. But ah well.

I might revert to testing the yatse Google home plugin to see if that works.
Ehm, ifttt free still works fine here...

Anything I'm missing? (Multi step can be achieved using other methods already mentioned in here - an I only use one for Info (on, 3 sec, then off)).

Also currently I've about 30 applets active on ifttt (free tier). (But I havent logged back in in a while.. Wink )

edit: Oh, I see... They'll limit it to three applets on the free tier.

Well, not a problem - omertus approach allows for several accounts... Wink As long as the google sign in plays ball... Wink

reference to read up on: https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/09/10...to-pay-up/
(2020-09-25, 16:17)harlekin Wrote: Ehm, ifttt free still works fine here...

Anything I'm missing? (Multi step can be achieved using other methods already mentioned in here - an I only use one for Info (on, 3 sec, then off)).

Also currently I've about 30 applets active on ifttt (free tier). (But I havent logged back in in a while.. Wink )

edit: Oh, I see... They'll limit it to three applets on the free tier.

Well, not a problem - omertus approach allows for several accounts... Wink As long as the google sign in plays ball... Wink

reference to read up on: https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/09/10...to-pay-up/

I decided to just pay the money and use yatse with voice control assistant. It was only about$10 and I didn't have up create 5000 applets so it seems worth it so far. Also, the developer is really quick to provide support. I was looking forward to the technical challenges and got most of the way through the setup but couldn't justify it with only 3 applets without paying
I'm curious with YouTube Music being such a disaster I am looking for alternate ways to play my local music on my Google Home devices.  I already have Kodi installed on a nVidia Shield Pro.  My main interest is shuffling playlists.  Would this work for saying something like "Hey Google Kodi shuffle playlist <name>"
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
One of my most used voice commands isn’t working for me, toggle fullscreen. Phrase broker one never worked, but now even a separate applet doesn’t. Anyone know why?
(2020-12-18, 11:30)captainfearless Wrote: One of my most used voice commands isn’t working for me, toggle fullscreen. Phrase broker one never worked, but now even a separate applet doesn’t. Anyone know why?

Update, i had made some schoolboy errors with my applet. I had it set up as a text command, it’s now set up as a simple phrase, but still doesn’t work! Can somebody please confirm whether this command is working?
Is it still possible to control Kodi with Google home? I also am just looking for basic functions (play a particular playlsit) and hopefully have some control such as Previous / Pause / Next on Google Hubs
not anymore. you'd have to use Alexa
Is there anything that Google Assistant can control (local music files without a subscription service)? Are the speakers useless without Spotify or Youtube Music? That's insanity.
@harlekinrains 

Are you familiar with using Google Cloud to setup Googlehomekodi?  I'm struggling and would love a bit of assistance here and there.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4