[Krypton ] Kodi jumps back to last position in thumbnail list when leaving view mode
Hello,

In Kodi releases previous to Krypton I was able to slide through pictures in view mode and go back to the last thumbnail viewed when I hit escape to get back to the thumbs list.
Example:
I would start out at thumbnail one and go into view mode and slide through my pictures with the forward or backward key.
At some point I'd be at picture 212. Then I would hit escape to get back into the thumbnails list.
Then I would be at the position of the thumbnail of the last picture I viewed, e.g. thumbnail 212.

Now in Krypton, it goes back to the last thumbnail I was at in the thumbnail list, regardless of where I stopped in view mode.
If I start at thumbnail 212 and slide through to picture 1022, it goes back to thumbnail 212 when I go back into thumbnail listing.
In previous releases it would go back to the listing at thumbnail 1022.

I hope it's clear what I am trying to say :-)
Is this normal behviour? Can it be configured?

Stefan
Yeah, that's exactly my problem too - very annoying. As far as I remember this was a default behavior some time ago (I don't remember what Kodi/XBMC version was it) but was for sure fixed in Jarvis.
I don't know what platform are you running Kodi on but on RPi 3 there's also an issue of very slow transitions between photos as well as slow zooming and rotating. Everything is working perfectly fine in Jarvis.
Those issues persist in Kodi 18 nightly builds. I noticed that turning off GPU acceleration for JPGs helps a bit but it is still way behind Jarvis.
Kodi 18 (October 7th) fixed unresponsive picture viewing for me - everything is much snappier now - I think on par with Kodi 16 but full screen/slideshow viewing still exits to the first picture it was started from :/
(2017-10-08, 01:03)minek Wrote: Kodi 18 (October 7th) fixed unresponsive picture viewing for me - everything is much snappier now - I think on par with Kodi 16 but full screen/slideshow viewing still exits to the first picture it was started from :/

Does anyone know whether this issue will be addressed in final version of Leia or is it going to stay as a "by design" choice?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Krypton ] Kodi jumps back to last position in thumbnail list when leaving view mode0