edl file issue
Since upgrading to Kodi 17 from 16 I've noticed that when I have an edl file for a show if I rewind back past the skip it will skip again when it gets to that mark. Previously if you rewound back it would play all the way through. This way if a commercial detection was bad you could rewind back and watch. Now however when I rewind it skips the commercial again, so there is no way to watch the skipped portion.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is there some setting I may have messed with when I upgraded?
You can press the down arrow when it skips a commercial, and it will return to where the commercial break started. I believe the internal name of the function is "big step back" or something similar.
(2017-05-26, 06:15)rpcameron Wrote: You can press the down arrow when it skips a commercial, and it will return to where the commercial break started. I believe the internal name of the function is "big step back" or something similar.

That also doesn't work in 17(at least not in 17.1 and 17.3)
(2017-05-26, 06:15)rpcameron Wrote: You can press the down arrow when it skips a commercial, and it will return to where the commercial break started. I believe the internal name of the function is "big step back" or something similar.

Yeah in 16 that worked. In 17 it no longer is (at least 17.1+ I never tried 17.0)
Interesting. I haven't tried it under 17, so I didn't realize.

The constant regressions or removal of features is a bit annoying in Kodi. Are the removed items slated for return in 18 as part of the subsystem overhauls?
(2017-05-28, 19:08)rpcameron Wrote: Interesting. I haven't tried it under 17, so I didn't realize.

The constant regressions or removal of features is a bit annoying in Kodi. Are the removed items slated for return in 18 as part of the subsystem overhauls?

I have not found any comments that would make me think this was an intentional removal. I haven't seen a developer acknowledge anything either so no clue at this point.
It doesn't look like it's been fixed in Kodi 18.0 either.

Sometimes the big skip forward will skip tot he end of the next commercial but the big skip back just skips back 10 min. 

For me the big skip back is more important and the skip forward was only used after doing the skip back. I used to do this because I felt it skipped to soon or too far, we missed something just before the commercial or the show had black frames that comskip picked up as start of commercials.

On the plus side at least Kodi 17 and 18 show how far it skipped forward so if I catch it at least I know how far to go back if needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
edl file issue0