Win KODI 17.3 Crashes playing .mkv Video
I installed KODI 17.3 and it kept crashing after 10 to 20 Minutes of playing a .mkv file.
I did a clean install on a different drive but the problem prevails.
I am running KODI on Windows 8.1 with all Drivers updated and I don't experience any other bugs or suspicious behavior.

Here is full debug log Kodi.log File.
Here is the stacktrace Textfile:
Code:
Thread 2176 (process 3784)
# 0
# 1
# 2
# 3
# 4
# 5
# 6
# 7
# 8
# 9 ADDON_GetSettings
#10 ADDON_SetSetting
#16 crt_at_quick_exit
#17 BaseThreadInitThunk
#18 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
#19 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
With debug turned on, can I ask you reboot the computer, run a video until crash and re-upload that log (the one in your post is only partial) and doesn't seem to contain the issue.
Thank you for your Time!
I tried to start KODI before restarting my PC and it crashed instantly after launching (KODI.old.log). This isn't really that concearing imo since it only happened once so far to me but I thought it might be interesting to you.
Log after the restart: KODI.log (Don't know how helpfull this is as the crash is not documented).
I've noticed (more or less by accident) that not having an internet connection might be a factor in this. When launching KODI while disconnected from the internet and then connecting to the internet after launching KODI it seems to be more stable as it didn't crash while testing. However I only tested it for about 30 minutes.
After restarting KODI with an existing internet connection it crashed around the 10 minute mark.
HI, I have the exact same problem, running Kodi 17.3 on Windows 10 (1703), playing mkv's from Freenas. It only happens while playing a movie or tv show. It usually crashes after 8-12 minutes.

How can I attach the log file ? The log is to long to paste in this post.
@M0viefan a proper (debug turned on) log (wiki) file uploaded to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to your own post with a short description would be appreciative. Use a paste-bin like http:www.pastebin.com don't upload to the forum.

@chubby Bluebird nothing stands out in those logs. the old-log got the Announcement: OnQuit from xbmc with no indication of a crash, The log offers a few clues, might want to try in windowed mode (saw this in the log change configuration. 1920x808) without subtitles.
(2017-06-14, 21:31)PatK Wrote: @chubby Bluebird noting stand out in those logs. the old-log got the Announcement: OnQuit from xbmc with no indication of a crash, The log offers a few clues, might want to try in windowed mode (saw this in the log change configuration. 1920x808) without subtitles.

I set it to windowed mode, disabled subtitles and tried a video file without subtitles at all. Still the same problem.
Kodi.log (This is the log with the file that has no subtitle files)

I am now using a raspberry pi I still had laying around that works without a problem. Therefore I don't really need to fix this problem, and you can spend your energy on more important things in life than helping some random on the internet Wink.
However if you're interested to keep debugging this problem, maybe to fix it in a future release, I'm willing to help, and try out any suggestions you have.
All drivers up to date? So Chipset, Bios, Keyboard and Mouse, etc? And they all have Windows 8.x drivers available?

What CPU, what Video Card, how about cooling, is the CPU or GPU overheating?

Oh, and do you have Codex packs installed. If so, uninstall them, reboot, and test again.
We'll keep plugging away at this issue, as long as your patience and Raspberry Pi hold out. A few observations from the last log, Looking at Supported hardware (wiki) you have an AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, while the wiki mentions TBA: AMD Radeon R9 300 Series (R9 380) or newer for hardware acceleration; obviously "Disable hardware acceleration", and to this point in the log we have "ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format and I find Creating DXVA(1920x800) when the desktop is 1920 X 1080, and the render manager changes to that, I'm not sure I can reconcile that unless the video is that size.

If you're not playing it safe with (17.4-RC1) , why not try Kodi 18 Leia 64 bit with you with Windows 8.1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit
Quote:We'll keep plugging away at this issue, as long as your patience and Raspberry Pi hold out. A few observations from the last log, Looking at Supported hardware (wiki) you have an AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, while the wiki mentions TBA: AMD Radeon R9 300 Series (R9 380) or newer for hardware acceleration; obviously "Disable hardware acceleration", and to this point in the log we have "ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format and I find Creating DXVA(1920x800) when the desktop is 1920 X 1080, and the render manager changes to that, I'm not sure I can reconcile that unless the video is that size.

If you're not playing it safe with (17.4-RC1) , why not try Kodi 18 Leia 64 bit with you with Windows 8.1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit

The Odd thing is I actually have a r9 380 installed. No idea, why it shows up as 200 series. Maybe because the driver is the same. It performes as expected so I never thought anything of it and I'd be really surprising to me if this was the cause of this problem.
I updated the drivers and turned off Hardware acceleration, but that didn't change anything. Kodi still crashed after a short period of video playback.

The Video is indeed in 1920x800 Format. The old Kodi version that is running on my Pi doesn't have a problem with this whatsoever.

Disabled Hardware acceleration on the Kodi 17.3 Version, Kodi crashed.
Installed Kodi 18 (clean install of course), disabled hardware acceleration and put it into windowed mode, but Kodi crashed.

Quote:All drivers up to date? So Chipset, Bios, Keyboard and Mouse, etc? And they all have Windows 8.x drivers available?

What CPU, what Video Card, how about cooling, is the CPU or GPU overheating?

Oh, and do you have Codex packs installed. If so, uninstall them, reboot, and test again.

All drivers should be up to date, Chipset and Bios might not be, however I don't really want to touch those tbh.
Cpu is a AMD FX-6350 (No overclocking or anything) Temperatures are good.
Video Card is a AMD Radeon R9 380 from Powercolor (Driver is up to date). Temperatures are good. (Video Card shows up as 200 Series no Idea why, performs normally)
I couldn't find any Codec Packs I may have installed in the past but I honestly don't really know where or what to look for.
That's the part that stands out... "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, adapter", I'm wondering if the driver for AMD Radeon R9 380 from Powercolor would be any different? (my Xfx radeon was slightly tweaked from the manufacturer vs the reference card.) the only other suggestion is to bump up the o/s to Windows 10, and see if one of the newer drivers does anything for you. http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/downloads
(2017-06-18, 01:28)PatK Wrote: That's the part that stands out... "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, adapter", I'm wondering if the driver for AMD Radeon R9 380 from Powercolor would be any different? (my Xfx radeon was slightly tweaked from the manufacturer vs the reference card.) the only other suggestion is to bump up the o/s to Windows 10, and see if one of the newer drivers does anything for you. http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/downloads

I installed the Powercolor driver. The Video card now shows up correct. Thing is the newest driver avaiable is from 2015. I guess that's what I get for going cheap Big Grin. Updating the driver via the AMD controll center makes the videocard show up as 200 series.
Kodi crashed anyways. Kodi.log

Maybe I'll give windows 10 a shot in the upcoming days. I'll report back when I do.
As I understand windows 8.1 did have issues, and others have found their solution in the windows 10 update. Please re-visit this thread should an update to windows 10 be the solution, and post your experience for those struggling with something like this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 17.3 Crashes playing .mkv Video0