Can't get a TV show to scrape...nfo help wanted
Hi,
I have a french belgian tv show that won't scrape, despite it being in the TVDB database, so I thought I would try using an .nfo file. So since it is on the scraper's website, I figured I'd go the easy route using a simple url as explained on this wiki page: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvshows#...ning_a_URL

When it came to naming it, it wasn't clear to me what I should do. This is what is says:
Quote:Filename should be tvshow.nfo (Exact, NOT the name of the TV show) in the root folder of the TV Show that points to a show on TheTVDB.com
The show is called 'La Trêve' so I called the file La Trêve.nfo (is that correct?)

Not sure how to understand that, I tried two things:
- I first put it in the root folder where the TV show's folder appears. I.e. show is located at D:/La Trêve; nfo was placed in D:/La Trêve.nfo
- Show (still) placed in D:/La Trêve; nfo was place in D:/La Trêve/La Trêve.nfo

In the .nfo, as explained in the wiki, I just put the direct link to the TVDB page: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=299827&lid=17 and saved the file as UTF-8.

Each time, I re-scanned the library but none of that is working...what am I doing wrong??
Thanks,
Chumbo the noob
Hmm... no problem scrapping that series with tvDB.
[url=Image]Screenshot[/url]
Oh? Could it be related to the Aeon Nox skin I'm using then?
Don't think so, but give it a try with estuary, just to be sure.

Btw.: how did you name the video file?

.... /Series/La Trêve/La Trêve_s01e02.ts
Mine are named as follow: La Trêve - S01E01 - Episode 1.mp4

I'll try with Estuary and report back.
Thanks for the help btw! ;-)
Have a look at proper naming convention: Click

The example of the file name in my last post did work.
For your file: La Trêve_s01e02.mp4
Ok, I'll try that but it's odd because EVERY other file I have in my TV shows follow that same naming convention and scraping works fine so...
(2017-06-11, 18:45)chumbo Wrote: When it came to naming it, it wasn't clear to me what I should do. This is what is says:
Quote:Filename should be tvshow.nfo (Exact, NOT the name of the TV show) in the root folder of the TV Show that points to a show on TheTVDB.com
The show is called 'La Trêve' so I called the file La Trêve.nfo (is that correct?)
No. It means literally call the file "tvshow.nfo", NOT the name of the show.

What language is your scraper set to? In English the show is called "The Break", you would have to name the folder that for it to be picked up.
Ok, I finally understood what I wasn't understanding previously on that wiki page I posted...
Quote:Filename should be tvshow.nfo...
is literally exactly THAT!! But since the tvshow.nfo file resides in the TV show's folder, then it obviously would be unique and makes sense!

So that finally worked! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get a TV show to scrape...nfo help wanted0