• 38(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2019-10-28, 20:53)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 17:05)monisriz Wrote: Is there a way to see what movies/shows were updated on a given scheduled update? I tried looking into the logs but could not find that info.
Hi @monisriz!

The add-on doesn't keep track of which movies and/or TV shows have been updated. The idea behind is just to have the entire library updated to the current IMDB votes. 

Have a nice evening!

Thanks for the reply.
I asked the question because I can’t seem to make it work. Installed v4.0.1 from the zip file. After scheduling an update I waited for the addon to do its magic but I don’t see any pop up or progress indicating that an update is in progress. After a while I compared some movie titles with IMDb 250 list and they were not updated. Manually updating from context menu works however.

Also what’s the different between 3.5.1 and 4.0.1? Which one should I use?
(2019-10-29, 00:32)monisriz Wrote: Also what’s the different between 3.5.1 and 4.0.1? Which one should I use?
Read the dozen posts before this one to get an idea... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2821478

TL;DR
v4.0 checks the TV Show IMDB ID then downloads the ratings for the show and episodes in the order presented at IMDB
If you install v4.0.1 and are using DVD order, or any order different to what IMDB displays, then the ratings will be allocated to the wrong episode in your library. If your episode order matches the IMDB order, then ratings will be correct.

v3.5.1 Checks each individual episode and downloads the rating.
If using 3.5.1, episode order does not matter, nor does an episode have to be in the same tv show as each episode id is checked. eg, I often move movies into tv shows (stargate movie, Serenity/Firefly) this works with v3.5.1 but not with v4.0

Also v4.0 no longer adds the IMDB ID into the library database if it is missing. v3.5.1 still does.

If I have made a mistake, axlt2002 will correct me Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-29, 00:56)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 00:32)monisriz Wrote: Also what’s the different between 3.5.1 and 4.0.1? Which one should I use?
Read the dozen posts before this one to get an idea... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2821478

TL;DR
v4.0 checks the TV Show IMDB ID then downloads the ratings for the show and episodes in the order presented at IMDB
If you install v4.0.1 and are using DVD order, or any order different to what IMDB displays, then the ratings will be allocated to the wrong episode in your library. If your episode order matches the IMDB order, then ratings will be correct.

If using 3.5.1, episode order does not matter, nor does an episode have to be in the same tv show as each episode id is checked. eg, I often move movies into tv shows (stargate movie, Serenity/Firefly) this works with v3.5.1 but not with v4.0

Also v4.0 no longer adds the IMDB ID into the library database if it is missing. v3.5.1 still does.

Seems like 3.5.1 is the overall winner unless I misunderstood your nice explanation.
(2019-10-29, 00:32)monisriz Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 20:53)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 17:05)monisriz Wrote: Is there a way to see what movies/shows were updated on a given scheduled update? I tried looking into the logs but could not find that info.
Hi @monisriz!

The add-on doesn't keep track of which movies and/or TV shows have been updated. The idea behind is just to have the entire library updated to the current IMDB votes. 

Have a nice evening!  

Thanks for the reply.
I asked the question because I can’t seem to make it work. Installed v4.0.1 from the zip file. After scheduling an update I waited for the addon to do its magic but I don’t see any pop up or progress indicating that an update is in progress. After a while I compared some movie titles with IMDb 250 list and they were not updated. Manually updating from context menu works however.

Hi @monisriz, thanks for your reply.

On top of the perfect summary that @Karellen provided (thanks a lot!) about the difference between 3.5.1 and 4.0.1 (that anyway affects only the TV shows), I don't understand why you don't have your movies updated (while some TV shows may "fail" due to special episodes, DVD order or mixed content). Please post on pastebin the log that the add-on writes under the userdata folder, thanks.

Have a great day!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2019-10-29, 00:56)Karellen Wrote:

TL;DR

Hi @Karellen! Just to clarify that IMDB IDs are still added (if missing) to the database for TV shows (but not for episodes since their IMDB IDs are no more used to retrieve the votes).

What you wrote summarizes perfectly the difference between the two versions: users can base their choice on the version to install on this! Thanks a lot!

Enjoy your day!

P.S.: Still didn't have time to check the issue related to the Collection view...but it is on my "to do" list!  Nod
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2019-10-29, 13:55)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 00:32)monisriz Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 20:53)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi @monisriz!

Have a nice evening!  

Thanks for the reply.

On top of the perfect summary that @Karellen provided (thanks a lot!) about the difference between 3.5.1 and 4.0.1 (that anyway affects only the TV shows), I don't understand why you don't have your movies updated (while some TV shows may "fail" due to special episodes, DVD order or mixed content). Please post on pastebin the log that the add-on writes under the userdata folder, thanks.

Have a great day! 
It might have been a false-alarm with the movies. To test I created a new schedule and waited for the addon to kick in but it didn't. Repeated the same 3-4 times with same result. Then I changed the schedule but this time restarted Kodi and it seems to have worked. Will do more testing today to confirm my hypothesis. Do you think a restart is necessary for the new schedule to work?
(2019-10-29, 18:47)monisriz Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 13:55)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 00:32)monisriz Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

Have a great day!   
It might have been a false-alarm with the movies. To test I created a new schedule and waited for the addon to kick in but it didn't. Repeated the same 3-4 times with same result. Then I changed the schedule but this time restarted Kodi and it seems to have worked. Will do more testing today to confirm my hypothesis. Do you think a restart is necessary for the new schedule to work?  
As far as I know, the scheduling works without any issue and doesn't require any restart of Kodi. New scheduling time should be also captured in the log. Let me know about your further tests...
Hi guys,

Double release this time! The changelog is as follow:

v4.0.2 and v3.5.2 (2019-11-13)
  • Fixed bug in context menu for movie sets
  • Removed myconnpy dependency

Enjoy!

Alex
(2019-11-13, 13:58)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi guys,

Enjoy!

Alex 
Does your addon allows to update certifications also ? (MPAA)
I failed the setup on my initial scrape and all my movies show as NR.
And to be honest I don't want to scrape everything again...
Thx
(2019-11-14, 16:31)NeBouse Wrote:

Enjoy!

Alex  
Thx 
Hi @NeBouse! Nope, it doesn't. I think you should rely on an external media manager to update only MPAA and update the Kodi database...maybe looking around in the forum you can find a solution to your problem.

Cheers!
(2019-11-14, 18:07)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 16:31)NeBouse Wrote:

Enjoy!

Alex   
Thx  
Hi @NeBouse! Nope, it doesn't. I think you should rely on an external media manager to update only MPAA and update the Kodi database...maybe looking around in the forum you can find a solution to your problem.

Cheers! 
Ok !! Many thanks for your answer btw.
I think I've found a potential candidate for what I want in the program addons section ;-)
(2019-11-13, 13:58)axlt2002 Wrote: Double release this time! The changelog is as follow:

Enjoy!
Great! Thanks @axlt2002
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
hi @axlt2002

Thanks for the great addon!

I have a small issue... when I run it, it's fine for 20-30 movies, then it just hangs?

could it be connection rate-limiting by IMDB or is it a parse error?

Assuming the scrape order is set by idMovie in the movie table:
Code:
idMovie | Title | Result | URL
7847 | Hot Tub Time Machine 2 | Pass | https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2637294/
7848 | Hotel Rwanda | Fail | https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395169/

Log:
https://pastebin.com/1w5Wu1bF

thanks!
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2019-11-17, 02:17)zerocool_ie Wrote: hi @axlt2002

Thanks for the great addon!

I have a small issue... when I run it, it's fine for 20-30 movies, then it just hangs?

could it be connection rate-limiting by IMDB or is it a parse error?

Assuming the scrape order is set by idMovie in the movie table:
Code:
idMovie | Title | Result | URL
7847 | Hot Tub Time Machine 2 | Pass | https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2637294/
7848 | Hotel Rwanda | Fail | https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395169/

Log:
https://pastebin.com/1w5Wu1bF

thanks!
Hi @zerocool_ie, thanks for your post.

Just to understand better, which version of the add-on are you using? If 3.5.2, you should enable the Kodi debug logging and re-post the Kodi log; if 4.0.2, you should post the add-on log you can find under the user_data folder.

Let me know.

Cheers!
Hi axlt2002,

Thanks for this add-on. It used to work great, but for some reason it now no longer functions on my machine.

I run Windows 10, Kodi 17.6 (DSplayer). Add-on version 3.5.2 (but 3.5.1 also didn't work, don't know about earlier ones). I use an MySQL database if that's relevant.

When I try to update a movie, I get an error message saying I should check the log. I have the relevant part of the log quoted below.
When I run the add-on to update all movies, I don't get an error, but even though it takes the add-on quite a while to run, none of the ratings are actually updated.

Code:
21:13:41.755 T:1956    INFO: initializing python engine.
21:13:41.755 T:1956   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py): start processing
21:13:41.837 T:1956   DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:13:41.837 T:1956   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py"
21:13:41.837 T:1956   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update;C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.certifi\lib;C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.chardet\lib;C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.idna\lib;C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.urllib3\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
21:13:41.837 T:1956   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py): entering source directory C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update
21:13:41.837 T:1956   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.light.imdb.ratings.update" dependent on version 2.25.0 of the xbmc.python api
21:13:42.215 T:1956   DEBUG: [Light IMDb Ratings Update] - JSON Query: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails","params":{"movieid":2019,"properties":["imdbnumber","ratings","top250"]},"id":1}
21:13:42.224 T:1956   DEBUG: [Light IMDb Ratings Update] - JSON Response: {"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
21:13:42.225 T:1956   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('result',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                UpdateContext()
                                              File "C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py", line 13, in UpdateContext
                                                update_context.open_context_menu( sys.listitem.getfilename(), sys.listitem.getLabel() )
                                              File "C:\Users\userh\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\resources\core\update_context.py", line 67, in open_context_menu
                                                if jSonResponse['result'].has_key( 'moviedetails' ):
                                            KeyError: ('result',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:13:42.234 T:7200   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
21:13:42.251 T:1956    INFO: Python script stopped
21:13:42.251 T:1956   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 1956 terminating

Full debug log: https://pastebin.com/bN0Ujc81

What could the problem be? If I need to do anything to help bughunting, let me know.
Thanks!
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27