Linux I need help for my tags
Hi,

I m using KodiUbuntu with a Denon DNP 720 Player and I've several problem with it. This player can sort the music by Genre, by Artist or by Album.
When I sort the music by Genre, it's work well.
But when I want to listen music by Arist, or by Album, my player can't read any file .... Sad

I' m using Mp3 Tag. What's wrong ? How could I configure Kodi if I t want to listen my music by Artist or by Genre ?

Thanks for your help Smile
Sorry I don't really understand your problem. You need to have
  • Tagged your music files with at least artist, album title and track number
  • Added a music source pointing to where you store your music files
  • Scanned this source into the music library
The from the music library you can see genre, artist or album nodes amongst others.

If that has not clarified something for you, then please post a clearer description, and a link to a debug log.
Hi,

Sorry but I'm just a poor frenchie who doesn't speak Shakespeare's language very well ... Big Grin
But there's here many useful informaton about Kodi Wink

So I'll try to explain my problem :
My music is tagged like this

TITTLE, ARTIST, OTHER ARTIST (empty), ALBUM, TRACK, GENRE

So I think that's correct

When try to play music by ARTIST or by ALBUM on my player,, it doesn't work..
That's only work by GENRE.

What's wrong Huh?
Is there Something special to do in Kodi ?

Thanks.
(2017-06-17, 17:59)Francky.fr Wrote: When try to play music by ARTIST or by ALBUM on my player,, it doesn't work..
That's only work by GENRE.
I'm afraid repeating "it does not work" does not tell me anything useful.
Are any artists listed on the artist node? Are any albums listed on the albums node? What happens when you click on a genre on the Genres node? What do you see? Maybe post some screenshots?

I am going to guess that the issue is tagging related.
I do not recognise "other artist" as a tag. I wonder if you are setting album artist tag, but leaving the artist tag blank?

I am willing to try and help you, but I need more information.
When I play music by GENRE my player can read files .

When I want to listen to one ARTIST, when I click on ARTIST I can only see the list of the songs on the screen of my player, but there's no sound, no music, the files are not played....
I don't understand why my files which are readable by genre are not so when I ask a sort by artists

However, the files are read correctly when sorted by GENRE.
Is there a special setting to make in Kodi so that it reads the tags in a correct order ?
Is it possible to format outgoing Kodi information ?

In the explanation above, what I call other artists are the "other artists" who collaborated on the record. This field is often empty. and can not be used for sorting information

Thanks.for your help Wink
Here is a screenshot of the structure of my tags

Without a debug log http://kodi.wiki/view/log_file and/or a view pictures, it will be nearly impossible to figure out what your problem is.
Because you do not provide the proper information, that is needed to figure out so we can help you
Still leaving me to guess Sad

(2017-06-18, 17:37)Francky.fr Wrote: When I want to listen to one ARTIST, when I click on ARTIST I can only see the list of the songs on the screen of my player, but there's no sound, no music, the files are not played....
So the artists node lists the artists, and clicking on one artist lists the albums by that artist, and clicking on an album lists the songs on that album. Right?

To play the songs you need to click on play on the context menu, or hit the "P" key.
(2017-06-19, 10:19)DaveBlake Wrote: So the artists node lists the artists, and clicking on one artist lists the albums by that artist, and clicking on an album lists the songs on that album. Right?

To play the songs you need to click on play on the context menu, or hit the "P" key.

In France, we are used to say that a drawing is much better than a long speech. !
Here a brief description of the problem in image :

When I select Artists, I can see the name.

I can see the Album of the Artist

At this point I'm blocked. My player can't read the files on the server.

I use Kodi as a DLNA/UPNP server and rarely use the internal player.

Thanks fot your help Wink
Have you tried doing the same thing using the Kodi GUI to check the files are correctly loaded into the Library?
Kodi log Uploader seems to be down (inexploitable) Sad

I found a solution with Mediahouse Pro : my Android wtll sort reccords and videos. It'll do the job Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need help for my tags0