Solved How to import movies with BDMV folder to library
Hi, I've tried to look for a solution to this issue I'm having, I don't even know if it is fully supported yet. In anycase, I'm running this version in Ubuntu 17.04:
kodi: Installed: 2:17.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu0.1

Library scan on movie folder that contain BDMV does nothing at all, and to actually play the contents I have to browse folders under Videos>Files, looking for the m2ts file that contains the video (eg, Movie_Folder_x/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts)

I'm wondering if is there any way to include the movie with the mentioned contents and folder structure to the video library, as all other "single-file" contents are imported (mkv,mp4, etc).

Thanks in advance
Ran into this link, not sure if it's something that pertains to your query http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle...collection.
(2017-06-16, 20:52)PatK Wrote: Ran into this link, not sure if it's something that pertains to your query http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle...collection.

Thank you, but that article explains how to rip a bluray into an mkv file.
Hello tripero78,

Most of my bluray movies are ripped preserving the Bluray structure. They all play fine for me.

Can you tell me how you ripped/created your movie to BDMV? Funnily, Kodi is not looking for the m2ts file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-16, 22:51)Karellen Wrote: Hello tripero78,

Most of my bluray movies are ripped preserving the Bluray structure. They all play fine for me.

Can you tell me how you ripped/created your movie to BDMV? Funnily, Kodi is not looking for the m2ts file.

Here you have a sample folder structure.
I can play this by loading the first m2ts from BDMV/STREAM, but I can not add this or any other bluray with this format into the Kodi library, which is my goal actually.
And this is my sample for the movie Deadpool (2016) where only the Main Movie has been ripped. https://pastebin.com/M1jaCx03

Looks like you have the whole disk ripped, and a whole lot of extra files that the ripping software has inserted.

You have the "index.bdmv" file. You just haven't shown me how the movie has been named. In case it is a naming issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen, the root folder is "Taxi Driver (1976)", I think is properly named since all my other movies are placed in folder with the same format.
The problem seems to be Kodi is unable to import it to the library. I've also tried to import the folder manually, with no luck.
Yes, I tested your show and it imported correctly. That means there is no problems with either TVDB or Kodi. (I am win10 kodi v17.3)

The issue is at your end. You can definitely see a difference between my bluray rip and yours. Yours seems to have so many extra files that I think one of them is tripping up the scraper. I would re-check the ripping settings, or you can clean out the rip so it looks more like mine.
My Signature
Have you set the scraper to use folder names? Ofc each movies has to be in it's own folder then.
Question 
(2017-06-17, 08:43)Ace Wrote: Have you set the scraper to use folder names? Ofc each movies has to be in it's own folder then.
Yes I did, I experienced different results in each library update, like Kodi trying to identify each subdirectory of the bluray rip folder structure as a movie, so there were titles as "Certificate 2010", "Backup 2015" an many other crap like that.
So I decided to remove the database file from the .config and start over. That seems to solve the issue Huh
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Now i know

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to import movies with BDMV folder to library0