Anyone using MySQL latest version?
I've had several issues with Kodi 17.3, at least one of these was definitely my own fault, but unfortunately I'm suffering some other inconsistencies which I think might even be a faulty version of MySQL.

I've got Server version: 5.7.18-log MySQL Community Server (GPL) on Windows 10, 64bit. I believe I have ALL patches installed from Microsoft up to date.

Kodi has been hard freezing on me, several times while trying to test 17.3, which is pretty frustrating.
Upon further investigation, it feels like MySQL is 'locking up'

When attempting to just do a clean Kodi install to try more testing, I go into MySQL, with Kodi closed and I type.
drop database mymusic60 ;
and
drop database myvideos107 ;

These commands will clean out Kodi fresh.
What happens (inconsistently) is that MySQL locks up, entirely and simply does nothing. It's on a PC with 2 cores, 2 threads, 8GB memory and an SSD, the machine is otherwise perfectly fine.

So long story short, are any MySQL (latest) users seeing either Kodi issues or MySQL weirdness?
(NOTE: Yes, I know, if I'm right, this isn't a Kodi fault)
I did just find this one report of a memory leak but not under Windows.
https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=86082
First night testing, it looks like there's a genuine fault with 5.7.18 - I'll update the thread but it's not good.
MySQL should generate logs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The WIKI clearly states "there are issues with newer versions" and that V5.5.42. should be used. I am using this version and MySql Workbench 6.3 hosted on a Toshiba laptop with 8GB RAM, dual core Celeron, WD Blue SSD (256GB), Windows 10 CU and Kodi 17.3. No problems at all.

The Wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_M...ab=Windows
That is old information and has been bandied about or years, I used 5.6 for over a year without issues for example.
Using MySQL 5.5.55 here (Ubuntu 14.04) and no hiccups. *knocks on wood*
Still not seen any logs
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-20, 15:40)AbRASiON Wrote: That is old information and has been bandied about or years, I used 5.6 for over a year without issues for example.

I'm sorry but I see it this way, if the Kodi devs know that newer versions of MySql work fine, then they would update the Wiki. I was just informing you what I know works in an effort to help you with your situation. If you want to poo-poo it, that is your prerogative.
(2017-06-21, 21:11)flhthemi Wrote: If you want to poo-poo it, that is your prerogative.

Calm down, you took his answer a little personal and the wrong way. He was simply correcting you.
(2017-06-21, 21:11)flhthemi Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 15:40)AbRASiON Wrote: That is old information and has been bandied about or years, I used 5.6 for over a year without issues for example.

I'm sorry but I see it this way, if the Kodi devs know that newer versions of MySql work fine, then they would update the Wiki. I was just informing you what I know works in an effort to help you with your situation. If you want to poo-poo it, that is your prerogative.

I appreciate the response but the fact is the Kodi devs can't update the wiki ever 15 minutes, the wiki is incorrect / out of date. If I've used 5.6 for over 12 months with V15 of Kodi without issue, maybe the wiki is no good, hence my reply.
Infact version 5.6, 5.7, 5.8 might work FINE without Kodi, the wiki might simply be stating "we've had time to test 5.5 only, we can be sure that works"
(2017-06-20, 23:29)nickr Wrote: Still not seen any logs

Kodi or SQL ones?
Whichever ones show the error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone using MySQL latest version?0